Page 51 of 137 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461101 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,040 of 5445

Thread: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar

Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

First of all, take it easy, we're just talking.
    I know its not personal, I am not attacking you just your position

So we have to go to lockdowns every time a potential vaccine free mutation emerges?
    No lockdowns or at least the long drawn out ones we have been having in Europe are a consequence of our Governments failure to act quickly and failure to prepare. As i have said previously Countries that acted fast closed borders or at the very least imposed proper quarantine on international arrivals and want for an elimination approach have done by far the best and there economies have all done far better then those countries that didn't.

In the future in my opinion we should be looking past lockdowns as a way of controlling this disease, but I do worry that some government wont do the things necessary to avoid them.

Of course this is just my opinion, many would just think that politicians and medical corporations are just angels with wings that only want our common good.

God no, I wouldn't trust my Government as far as I could throw them, this is not about swallowing what the government says but trusting the science and trusting the doctors and nurses.

I Have personal friends that are doctors and nurses that worked in Hospitals throughout this pandemic, I have know some of them for over 20 years and I believe them when they tell me that this was the worse thing they have ever experienced, that it felt like they were in a warzone hospital. One of them described the Covid wards to me as like deaths wards, just filled with people who had been admitted and couldn't be treated and were just waiting to die, particularly at the peak of the first wave.
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

I would basically say that half-assing it just doesn't get the job done. If you're going to lock down, lock down. If you're going to ignore it, ignore it. Don't say one and do the other. What we ended up doing was letting businesses pretty much decide for themselves what they were going to do. Lots of places just went with a mask mandate, some didn't, and people kind of followed their own lead. Now the legislature is fighting with the governor over whether or not he has the authority to respond to any emergencies.
    Three words: Trump and Republicans
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

I think you're over-estimating their contribution by half an ass.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by TysonLPrice View Post
    Yeah, that must be it. Meanwhile:

Covid: Canada sounds the alarm as cases overtake US

The rate of coronavirus infections in Canada's biggest province has reached an all-time high as hospitals warn they are close to being overwhelmed.

A panel of experts say infections in Ontario could increase by 600% by June if public health measures are weak and vaccination rates do not pick up.

Last week, for the first time since the pandemic began, Canada registered more cases per million than the US.

About 22% of Canadians have now received a first vaccine dose.

That compares to 37% in the US.
    Such fools for letting those Republicans run around loose up there and putting Trump in charge. Oh, wait. That's non-science.

At one point, Canada had apparently purchased nine doses of vaccine for every person, a crazy over supply on paper. Of course, there's a big difference between purchase and delivery and application, but I really thought that the initial purchasing indicated that they were on top of things. I guess the only thing they were really on top of was their thumbs (in other words, they were sitting on them, in case I stretched a bit too far with that one).

What we are seeing around the world, these days, is that it is far easier to say than to do. The US has had a pretty effective vaccine rollout, as has the UK. Israel is better still, partly due to being a fairly small country, and nobody can touch Bhutan when it comes to vaccination, this time around. The graph of their vaccination rate is pretty funny: Zero for a long time, then a nearly vertical line to above 90%. Meanwhile, Canada bought vaccine at a faster rate than pretty much anybody, only to flounder on the steps after that. The EU...well, what can you say about that, nothing good anyways. And then there's India, which makes more vaccine than anywhere, but has done a terrible job at administering vaccine, possibly because they made it all for export and floundered around with the hard work of setting up a vaccination program.

Talking about vaccination is cheap and easy. Buying vaccines is just money, and also easy (as long as you have the money). Setting up a viable administration regime for a large country takes real work. What we have seen is that some countries have not been willing to do the real work.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

King of sapila

I'm reading that monoclonal antibodies do a very good work on covid cases.
    They are very expensive but if used to treat critical cases and let the other ill population treated with natural immunity then vaccinating all the earth would be just pointless.
    Of course that do not go well with vaccine pharmaceutical companies so they try to bury this.

Also since NeedSomeAnswers brought this up, the most critical mistake for covid was media terrorizing people, therefor everyone with a just a slight symptom rushed to the hospital (aka Italy first), creating a flu bomb and with covid, just as the common flu, dropping the white blood cells and with the compilation of hospital diseases we got deaths that where instantly associated with covid when in reality they where not supposed to.
    So more terror, more hysteria more on hospitals.
    I don't know if they did that intentional to sell the vaccines afterwards or it was just a good business opportunity but with the combination on what I wrote on the previous post about epidemiologists immunity from law, it's becoming clearer and clearer now.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

If by "very good" you mean: You don't die, most likely, then yeah, they're very good. If you mean that they are some kind of silver bullet, the way antibiotics are against bacterial infections, then I don't think so.

So, you get these options:

1) Vaccinate, and you likely won't get sick, though some variants can get by the vaccine to cause a lesser illness.
    2) Antibodies, which means that you already are sick, and so sick that doctors are thinking you might die without intervention. Your body will then build up a resistance to the virus that may be the same resistance that the vaccine would trigger, but may not, as well, and you're still susceptible to the P.1 variant which has been shown to re-infect people who've already had COVID.

That seems like a really obvious choice, to me. Vaccines are training your body as to what to watch out for. You are being invaded by loads of viruses each day. They aren't rare. Most won't touch you, since they are viruses that go after other things and they got into you by mistake. Others WOULD attack you, but your immune system is already on the watch for them and stomps them without you ever being aware of it. The whole point of a vaccine is to tell your body "watch out for this, and kill it if you see it." Why would you NOT want that? It's kind of like an old Greek warrior saying, "I knew somebody who was killed despite wearing armor, so I'm going into battle without armor and leave it up to the doctors to patch me up if I get wounded. After all, armor is just a conspiracy by the bronze-smiths to get people to buy their stuff."

PowerPoster

The only thing that is becoming clearer and clearer is that your convinced that the government and media have totally misled us. That all these preventative measures are an unwarranted inconvenience. But from your previous posts I've read, that doesn't surprise me.

I have no idea what goes on in Greece but here in the US your theories are just plain wrong. People definitely didn't rush to the hospital with slight symptoms. First they needed to be tested, most hospitals didn't due testing. If they tested positive, most were treated at home. The hospitals were NOT swamped with people with slight symptoms. They were full of people fighting for their lives.

King of sapila

Firstly we saw videos of people rushing into hospital in US and loads and loads of freezes and coffins ready to be used.
    If that was not the case then fine, no people rushed to hospitals, they got it by , not using masks? Being irasional and not protecting themself's?
    How did they became ill? In the dream world you are describing ann testing and home treatment is correct then how did you at one point had the largest people in the world with covid?

About the monoclonal, yes that is exactly what I am saying. They had to use them on people that are very ill and let the rest deal with natural immunity not vaccinate the population with a stage 3 vaccine.
    The vaccine is on stage 3, you are always refuse to cope with that idea. The vaccine may not deal any damage sort termly , my deal damage sort termly, may not deal any damage long termly, may deal damage long termly.
    It's still on an experimental stage 3 like it or not. So instead of doing experiments to your body, natural immunity is better to a circumstance that covid is about 0,3% lethal and mostly on dropping the whites and let other more serious viruses do the damage. IF the vaccine was on stage 4 then I wouldn't be saying anything, and I would have no issue with people doing it. I wouldn't because for my age and medical background is more dangerous to do a vaccine than catch t a flu but I wouldn't have argument on people doing it. Again, it's your body, you responsibility, do as you like.

King of sapila

Also.
    As this is getting nowhere may I suggest we stop. I for once will stop and only show any news I get.
    The most important for me was yesterdays legislation that passed today giving immunity to epidemiologists thus trespass the constitution.
    I hope Greeks understand what is going on with the rottens in our government and not vote them on the next elections, will see...

PowerPoster

How did they became ill? In the dream world you are describing ann testing and home treatment is correct then how did you at one point had the largest people in the world with covid?
    You answered your own question.

they got it by , not using masks? Being irasional and not protecting themself's?
    The US has more than it's fair share of whiners and complainers that can't be bothered to do the right thing. We also had a president that made the situation worse by convincing his believers to ignore the science, it was a badge of honor to not wear a mask. Hell he held mask optional rallies with thousands of people right up to the end of his presidency. But he wasn't the only problem, plenty of younger people were still gathering for parties. Lots of the states governors keep trying to open up businesses to soon, then there would be a new surge and they would have to cut back.

Like I said I know nothing about what goes on in Greece, but they have a much lower death rate than the US. The stats I've seen show it at 950per Million, the US is at 1,758per million. So it's not surprising you saw, "loads of freezes and coffins ready to be used" after all 550,000+ deaths from COVID will cause that.

EDIT: You posted while I was responding. If you want to stop this discussion, that's fine with me.
    Last edited by wes4dbt; Apr 23rd, 2021 at 02:54 PM.

King of sapila

I have no problem talking but I don't think we are getting anything out of it as the views differ a lot.
    But as I've said I will post any info I may find but I won't over discuss it as I see that it irritates and that is not my intention.
    Thanks.

PowerPoster

A handful of Canadians are getting assistance from North Dakota, which has shared its vaccine allocation with truck drivers who cross the border on an ongoing basis. Of course that isn't entirely altruistic and it does make sense. ND has been getting a high allocation anyway so it doesn't hurt as much as it might elsewhere. Biden loves the petroleum industry, not that Trump didn't as well.

Not new, since it was covered in the video I posted in #2000 or so. Somehow I get the idea few people watch them though.

I guess Dr. Campbell is persona non grata since he's praised Trump's actions, especially Operation Warp Speed, many times. Since Trump was deposed months ago he doesn't come up much. However Dr. C. has said "Hopefully Mr. Biden will act. Yeah." shrugging as he's closed a video many times. It is painful for an honest person to feel his narrative punctured so often.

@Sapator, you keep on with stage three trials. Not sure which vaccines you are talking about. The vaccines approved in the US all went through stage three trials. There isn't a stage four trial, so once you're through stage three...you're still stage three...ish, or something like that. They aren't still in the stage three trials, aside from the bit about them still following the people who were part of the stage three trials (at least, they certainly appear to be still following them). That is something that takes time, and there's no speeding it up. The data was good, though, it's just really hard to show efficacy over the course of a year until a year has passed.

As for what was shown in the US about people rushing into hospitals...well, yeah, TV is TV. They only show what they have video for, which skews things a bit, but the videos you are talking about are likely pretty valid...if somewhat selective. NYC overloaded their system at a time when the rest of the country had very few cases, relatively. Once NYC got things handled, other places took off. We've always been a patchwork, and the news will talk about the most newsworthy spots (in other words, the worst). I don't doubt that it happened in places, but when it was happening in those places, it wasn't happening in other places.

King of sapila

OK , no problem.
    As I've said everyone is responsible for their body.
    Btw they are not letting us to a proper Eastern this year, only 12 people max per big churches and resurrection of Christ was scheduled at 9oclock instead of 12oclock(!!!!!!!!). Probably the lord have some emergency things to do and he must resurrect a little earlier.
    We are getting a lot of signs that elections are coming very soon. Payback time!

Fanatic Member

@Sapator
    Hi , I am very much on your side.
    These vaccines, like it or not, are in fact experimental.
    We do not know anything about the long-term side effects.
    Of course, everyone can do what they want with their bodies.
    It is that our society is accustomed to having the solution immediately.
    There is a problem? Here is the miraculous solution called vaccine.
    All other alternative treatments are put aside.
    Whether they are monoclonal antibodies, plasma, antivirals, etc. ...
    All set aside.
    The doubt comes naturally: maybe this happens because big pharma has immense economic power?
    In Italy, it has been communicated to family doctors not to treat patients, but to be in "watchful waiting", ie monitor the patient at home by phone, prescribing only paracetamol.
    As a result, after leaving patients at home to deteriorate they went out of desperation to the emergency department in serious condition.

There are many troubling aspects.
    We are told that the vaccine is not mandatory, but at the same time they want to impose restrictions of movement (and other aspect) to unvaccinated people.
    I call this a blackmail.
    In Italy, the government is even thinking of a pass (they call it green pass to sweeten it) needed to move between regions within Italy with different infection rates.
    As you say, even here in Italy they are violating the constitution.
    They have imposed a curfew with the obligation to return home at 10 pm.
    It's a continuous limitation of personal freedom.
    Restaurants are collapsing because of the imposed closures.

In addition, the USA advises against travel to Italy because of the risk of terrorism.
    "Do not travel to Italy due to COVID-19. Exercise increased caution due to terrorism."
    https://it.usembassy.gov/italy-trave...april-20-2021/
    https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...-advisory.html
    https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...ges/Italy.html
    The Italian government has said nothing about this.
    Nice thought just now that the tourist season is about to start in Italy.
    What purposes are behind it?
    Is there a clear purpose to destroy the economies of some states?

All those who can not understand that there are many worrying aspects in everything that governments do or try to do, maybe they will realize it when it will be too late.

So far I have listed briefly only a few aspects....

In 2021 86% of the budget of the EMA (European Medicines Agency) will be funded by the same private companies involved in pharmacovigilance procedures. And there are those who raise the issue of "conflict of interest".

The agency, in fact, requires the payment of a fee to examine the applications of those who want to put a drug on the market, to provide scientific opinions, to carry out inspections. To form the budget of 2021, therefore, there are probably also the money paid by pharmaceutical companies for the approval procedures of anti-Covid vaccines.

And so someone wonders how it is possible to ensure the independence of the body responsible for monitoring and approval of medicines distributed in the states of the European Union.

The characteristic of the EMA (European Medicines Agency) is that its budget is financed almost exclusively by those pharmaceutical companies that it should "control".

About Europe Green Pass
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qveYH1CU8AA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p2LVlMskCk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNlTc14LYCI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7in6RgX9VS4

Fanatic Member

Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    OK , no problem.
    As I've said everyone is responsible for their body.
    Btw they are not letting us to a proper Eastern this year, only 12 people max per big churches and resurrection of Christ was scheduled at 9oclock instead of 12oclock(!!!!!!!!). Probably the lord have some emergency things to do and he must resurrect a little earlier.
    We are getting a lot of signs that elections are coming very soon. Payback time!

A little more detail
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGJwTMQbt2U

Quote Originally Posted by reexre View Post

We are told that the vaccine is not mandatory, but at the same time they want to impose restrictions of movement (and other aspect) to unvaccinated people.
    I call this a blackmail.
    In Italy, the government is even thinking of a pass (they call it green pass to sweeten it) needed to move between regions within Italy with different infection rates.
    Yeah, a similar 'vaccine passport' was kicked around in the US, but I believe it was completely rejected by now (might still have some life left in it, but seems to be dead) for the reason you stated, and more. There's just no way that would end up being a good idea. If everyone is vaccinated, it is meaningless. If nobody is vaccinated, it wouldn't exist. So, at best, it would work for a brief window of time for the stated purpose. The rest of the time it would just be a means of discrimination, as if we needed another one.

In addition, the USA advises against travel to Italy because of the risk of terrorism.
    "Do not travel to Italy due to COVID-19. Exercise increased caution due to terrorism."
    This is getting no publicity in the US, so you're more aware of it than we are. However, your government might not want a whole lot of people coming from the country that handled the virus worse than any other (though India is now vying for THAT title), just yet. They may just be saying, "yeah...why don't you just stay away, for now."

PowerPoster

The passport thing seems to vary depending on where you are. Many States have passed legislation blocking them, while the Blind Bidener areas are still promoting them while blaming Trump and those who supported him for the lack of passports:

Column: Instead of vaccine passports, issue mandatory ‘I’M SELFISH!’ T-shirts to those who refuse shots

I would love a COVID-19 vaccine passport. After more than a year in full or partial quarantine, I’m so happy to be vaccinated I want to get the words “FULLY” and “VAXXED” tattooed on my butt and run naked through the streets.
    I suspect the majority of people don't resemble the wackjobs both left and right though. They probably just want to get people vaccinated making "passport" issues and Church Ladyesque "superior dances" moot.

King of sapila

People would have the choice of what they do to their body. It's on Greek Constitution.
    The government is trying to turn the covid to an epidemic like the plague so it can "bend" the Constitution so that we must be vaccinated in order to work or go from state to state.
    At least in Greece that has been welcomed with a lot of anger and dispute. Even people that wanted to get the vaccine are having second thoughts now and there are a lot of leftover vaccines.
    The solid goal of the Goverment is to buy as many vaccines as possible so that they be able to get good business deals with German medical companies and get their "bonus" money.
    This have been exposed in the Greek media and now they are passing laws of complete amnesty to politics on the health department and specific doctors that spread the covid fear. Doctors that get "bonuses" from medical companies to promote their products and instruct the government to buy those.

That summons up what is happening here, it does not have to do with covid been dangerous or vaccines are safe, I'm talking about the opportunity those traitors found to be richer.

Now, the main medias that broadcast country wide have been told by the government (that the previous months paid millions of Euros to them with the excuse of "covid campaign", advertising , that, by the Constitution, is free when it comes to broadcast information about wide catastrophe) not to bash the government or broadcast any anti - government news because there is a high change of elections.
    All the negative government info is through internet or non country wide broadcast channels.
    Government want to go to elections because if they get elected they will pass the Aegean petrol and Gas co -exploitation with Turkey and also the issue with have with Skopje that previous traitors named North Macedonia but they need the vote on this parliament to legalize it.
    That is difficult with the synthesis of this parliament so they need to go to elections.
    There is a problem, they afraid that they will get demolished on votes so as from last week they are giving money bonuses and tax deductions to citizens and starting to lighten up the lockdown measures.
    The other issues is that the need to find a way to black box the election software that they are paid their own company to set up for the upcoming elections so they can fix the results but that is hard because there are real representatives on the vote stations. I guess USA can give a little help to that one.

If that does not refers to a dictatorship then I don't know what does. Will see, if they succeed we are scr#wed, if they don't they are.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    Yeah, a similar 'vaccine passport' was kicked around in the US, but I believe it was completely rejected by now (might still have some life left in it, but seems to be dead) for the reason you stated, and more. There's just no way that would end up being a good idea. If everyone is vaccinated, it is meaningless. If nobody is vaccinated, it wouldn't exist. So, at best, it would work for a brief window of time for the stated purpose. The rest of the time it would just be a means of discrimination, as if we needed another one.

This is getting no publicity in the US, so you're more aware of it than we are. However, your government might not want a whole lot of people coming from the country that handled the virus worse than any other (though India is now vying for THAT title), just yet. They may just be saying, "yeah...why don't you just stay away, for now."
    I got no problem with a temporary vaccine passport, at least till everyone that wants to get vaccinated has the chance. But it would take a lot of time and money to set the system up, by the time they got it working, it wouldn't be needed anymore. We only got another two or three months till everyone will have the opportunity to get vaccinated. Don't know much about the timeline for Europe.

Yeah, I haven't heard anything about terrorism in Italy. Have heard they have a Pizza parlor that leans. Sounds like it could get sketchy to walk around after a couple of pitchers of beer.

King of sapila

Food for thought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aek74Lwe72s

Dr. Mike Yeadon Former Pfizer Vice President.

Among others, lockdown was BS, covid has the same mortality with flu.

PowerPoster

A problem with that video is that it actually dates back to around April 2020. As we've seen he was wrong and the pandemic was not over back then. Yet those afraid of needles have been posting and reposting it for over a year now.

the USA advises against travel to Italy because of the risk of terrorism.
    Pah! It's just Cuomo terrified that New Yorkers will find out just how much better REAL pizza tastes.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Just found out that one of our offices had a pretty large outbreak. The pattern was kind of interesting. One person got it early, then nothing for a long time (months), then six got it in a couple days. There are patterns to the way this virus transmits that we have not fully figured out. If we were able to take the time, and do some intensive tracing, we could probably learn something interesting about virus transmissions.

That office was pretty closed (about a mile from my house), and people I work with quite a bit, but as it turned out, I hadn't been doing anything with them for several months. Guess that's a good thing. No particularly serious responses, but they tended to be younger and fitter, as a group, so you wouldn't expect much. There's always a chance, but when you roll the dice six or seven times on a longshot, no real surprise that a particularly bad result didn't show up. It did show some failings of the medical response, though. One guy went to the hospital with symptoms, and wasn't even tested. At the time, he wasn't thinking COVID, as the symptoms were weird. The next day he heard about the others in the office, and went to specifically get tested. The unfortunate thing is that he says he still hasn't recovered his sense of smell, fully, and that household is a bunch of foodies. What is food without taste? Just a meaningless exercise in nutrition.

PowerPoster

The idea that being young gets you a free pass is out of date by a year already. For one thing a lot of older folks and their day to day communities are vaccinated now. For another, several of the new strains ramping up right now are both far more transmissible and have less respect for age or general heath - which was always more about impact on the individual than infection and transmission.

Some of us are already coming out of our 4th wave with these new strains, having received diseased bee air travelers into high-density breeding grounds early. These immediately hopped into cars and started superspreading, mainly via university populations.

But a lot of the country remains dry tinder just awaiting the next spark.

King of sapila

FFT

Dr. Mike Yeadon Former Pfizer Vice President 2021

https://www.brighteon.com/636e91d5-1...0-a6efb63d62f3

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    FFT

Dr. Mike Yeadon Former Pfizer Vice President 2021

https://www.brighteon.com/636e91d5-1...0-a6efb63d62f3
    Well hell, if this one guy says we're being lied to, then that's good enough for me. All the thousands of other scientist, doctors and the WHO are all in it. All the film footage of overflowing hospitals and all those deaths were all fake. Wow, India and Brazil are doing a really good job. It looks so real.

Thanks for the heads up.

King of sapila

There are 2 or 3 novel price medical winners that practical say similar things but I admit I'm a little bored to search as there is no much interest here.
    I did not post this to say "this is it!" , I just post it for the different opinion.

Novel price???

King of sapila

Did I write that?!
    Hahaha!
    Novel price, lol.
    Nobel.

Well hell, if this one guy says we're being lied to
    To be fair, there is a small but significant number of scientists questioning some of the conclusions we've drawn around this virus. That's to be expected, though. This is a new virus that we're still learning about and there's bound to be some disagreement in the scientific community. That's how science works and it's a good thing.

The problem comes when we uneducated masses start with a conclusion and then go looking for the particular scientist who happens to be supporting that particular conclusion. Sorry, Sapator, but I think that's what you're doing here. As Wes says, just look at India. They've reached the point where they haven't even got the capacity to hold funerals and have resorted to mass-cremations. That's a full on medieval situation, right there.

One of the things about lock downs is that they're a double whammy of bias affirmation for those who don't believe the virus is that serious. 1. They keep the numbers down and 2. They shield us from the grim reality because it get's hidden comfortably away.

Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar

If that does not refers to a dictatorship then I don't know what does. Will see, if they succeed we are scr#wed, if they don't they are.
    Wow that a lot of conspiracy theories all at once.

I can see if you distrust your government that much then you would distrust all there actions, however what I dont get Sapator is this Virus is not just in Greece, Its all over the world and we have evidence of what happens if you dont try and control it.

In India right now the Prime Minister saw case number dropping and announced to the public that they had beaten Covid, they opened up the economy and many people stopped social distancing and mask wearing.

Last week they saw an 89% increase in Covid deaths compared with the week before and a total of 2.2 million new infections. That all happened in 1 week !!!

We have an Indian colleague in my Team at work and we have a video call every morning to have a chat about what we are doing that day, and today he says he hasn't left his house for 3 days and he is afraid to go outside.

Not for anything that is being said in the media but because people are dying around him as they can't get treated, the hospitals in his area have waiting list for beds, it can take 2- 3 days to get a hospital bed and many people are dying before they even get one. He says this is much much worse than the previous outbreak.

The idea that this virus is like the Flu is provably false, it is not seasonal, it can be asymptomatic, and left alone with no attempt to control it kills at a far faster rate.

The Greek government maybe corrupt, many governments are, they may very well have handled this pandemic better many have acted poorly, but Greece is not an island it is not experiencing this pandemic alone, and you only have to look at what has happened to countries that have let this virus get out of control to know whatever problems we have things could be a lot worse.
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

I can see if you distrust your government
    To be fair, Sapator's government have given him plenty of reasons not to trust them

Greece is not an island
    No... it's 6000 of them

Along with a peninsular mainland with a weird constriction in the middle.

PowerPoster

To be fair, there is a small but significant number of scientists questioning some of the conclusions we've drawn around this virus.
    To be fair, Sapator's government have given him plenty of reasons not to trust them
    Oh no, the "to be fair" police are here.

To be fair, sarcasm is never meant to be fair. lol

King of sapila

To be fair, Greece is a beautiful country with a couple of thou of islands, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else...Provided we dump the politicians somewhere else.
    About the covid conclusions, I think I'm entitled to my opinion, I don't follow left or right, I have this opinion from the beginning this started.
    Almost everyone of you are going one side, and that is fine, I'm going the other way. And what probably motivates me more and more are the TV stations controlled by the government bombarding us with just one side of the coin.
    They are setting the eastern resurrection on 9oclock and lockdown at 11, that never happened in a thousand of years. So covid "bites" after 9 and they could for just on FRIKIN day do lockdown at 1am?
    That's what makes everyone more and more against them. Those born out of astral cows sh$t farms politics.

PowerPoster

We have an Indian colleague in my Team at work and we have a video call every morning to have a chat about what we are doing that day, and today he says he hasn't left his house for 3 days and he is afraid to go outside.

Not for anything that is being said in the media but because people are dying around him as they can't get treated, the hospitals in his area have waiting list for beds, it can take 2- 3 days to get a hospital bed and many people are dying before they even get one. He says this is much much worse than the previous outbreak.
    Yeah, it's a nightmare. Last night the news reported that only are the hospitals full but you have to bring your own oxygen tank or they wont take you. People were buying oxygen on the black market but now that supply has dried dried up also. Hopefully aid from other countries will arrive soon.

Another interesting thing I heard was about Japan. The Olympics are in 3 months and they just declared another state of emergency. Less the 1% of their population has been vaccinated. It wasn't clear why the vaccine rollout was so slow, lots of finger pointing.

PowerPoster

Building walls (Japan, South Korea, NZ, et al.) is a good strategy as long as everyone does the same until the fungalitis is eradicated by being starved of victims.

But as long as there is still a lot of it out there awaiting the opportunity to jump the walls you just maintain vulnerability until the inevitable happens. It is even worse now that more infectious strains have evolved because it takes fewer "sparks" to set a wildfire blazing.

Hiding behind walls until good vaccines can be deployed makes a lot of sense. It doesn't sound like they followed through on the "deployment" part of the equation though. It isn't all free will because the vaccines still aren't as available as they need to be. Many US States have a hard core of maybe 20% refuseniks yet only have about 30% fully vaccinated with May just around the corner. This is almost entirely due to supply constraints.

It reminds me of the corporate water bottling that suckles Californians from Michigan groundwater while Flint sips lead. Most of the Pfizer is made and packaged here too, but Biden snaps it up for his "winners" and refuses equitable allocation.

It reminds me of the corporate water bottling that suckles Californians from Michigan groundwater while Flint sips lead. Most of the Pfizer is made and packaged here too, but Biden snaps it up for his "winners" and refuses equitable allocation.
    They probably didn't mention it on FOX news. Biden is actively working with Canada and India on suppling vaccine and vaccine components. He is also coordinating with WHO on world wide solutions.

This came after my post; but more info:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...489_story.html
    Last edited by TysonLPrice; Apr 26th, 2021 at 03:08 PM.
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

Page 51 of 137 FirstFirst ... 414849505152535461101 ... LastLast