Page 122 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2272112119120121122123124125132 ... LastLast
Results 4,841 to 4,880 of 5445

Thread: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

PowerPoster

Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

People are weird.

It looks like there is a new fad "gumless gum" in a sort of tube you shove into a nostril and inhale.

At first I thought it was a comedic fake ad, but nope.

King of sapila

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    I'm not lazy, I'm just out of shape. The darn bears always run away, and I can't keep up with them.
    Thus, enter honey spray. The rules are flawless and described in the "Bear hypnotism for Dummies 3rd edition" . I think I have helped out as far as I could, if you don't want to do so just proclaim it and don't find cheap excuses for not doing so.

(Did you ever thought that some day someone will accuse you for not trying to hypnotize a bear? Ooohh yeah!)
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

What about you?
    Well we had harsh multi-hour lockdowns for most of the pandemic, some of which were 20 hour lockdowns. The government even flirted with the idea of permanent 20 hour lock-downs. They were severe enough to significantly impact the economies of small business to the point where several business owners are still before the courts for breaking the law in order to feed their families. We were kind of lucky because we dealt with an industry that was deemed essential by the government. Nonetheless, I have some fond memories like an entire squad of heavily armed and armored policemen threatening me like I was El Chapo because I was in front my house 5 minutes before curfew. Yea that was fun. The lockdowns stirred up enough trouble that one of our most prominent leaders threatened the government with a coup if they didn't end the lockdowns. He 100% had the power to do since he had done it decades earlier the last time he perceived the government was being unjust. Fun times over here.
    Last edited by Niya; Jan 19th, 2022 at 12:43 PM.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    Thus, enter honey spray. The rules are flawless and described in the "Bear hypnotism for Dummies 3rd edition" . I think I have helped out as far as I could, if you don't want to do so just proclaim it and don't find cheap excuses for not doing so.

(Did you ever thought that some day someone will accuse you for not trying to hypnotize a bear? Ooohh yeah!)
    Frankly, I've been kicking myself for years for not hypnotizing one particular bear.

Somebody had told me about a little blond bear that had bothered them at a camp several miles away. It sounded interesting, but...it had been several miles away, so I dozed off. I was awoken by a sound, and looked out of the tent. There was the bear, reaching up for my food bag.

Now, most black bears are not very photogenic. You get a picture of a bear-shaped absence of light. Not this bear, though. This bear was a kind of dirty-white color, kind of like your typical sheep, except that it had black paws and a black muzzle. That was the most photogenic bear I have ever seen...and I missed the picture. Instead of grabbing my camera for what would have been an epic picture, I asked the bear what it was doing. It looked puzzled, but ambled off. I grabbed the camera and chased it half way around a lake, but the only pictures I got were pretty terrible. All it shows is the backside of the bear, and it looks like nothing more than a sheep. I'd have to tell people that it was a bear, or else nobody would believe it.

Hypnotizing THAT bear would have been a good thing to do. Perhaps I could have gotten it to pose for me?
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    Well we had harsh multi-hour lockdowns for most of the pandemic, some of which were 20 hour lockdowns. The government even flirted with the idea of permanent 20 hour lock-downs. They were severe enough to significantly impact the economies of small business to the point where several business owners are still before the courts for breaking the law in order to feed their families. We were kind of lucky because we dealt with an industry that was deemed essential by the government. Nonetheless, I have some fond memories like an entire squad of heavily armed and armored policemen threatening me like I was El Chapo because I was in front my house 5 minutes before curfew. Yea that was fun. The lockdowns stirred up enough trouble that one of our most prominent leaders threatened the government with a coup if they don't end the lockdowns. He 100% had the power to do since he had done it decades earlier the last time he perceived the government was being unjust. Fun times over here.
    I hadn't heard about that extreme a response in this part of the planet. I know the Philipines had some brutal lockdowns, and of course there is always China (I suppose North Korea might be worse, but they were in lockdown before COVID was even a thing). On the other hand, we have the highest death toll (unless India passed us, but they do have four times our population), so the US response worked out economically, but not in other ways.

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    It looks like there is a new fad "gumless gum" in a sort of tube you shove into a nostril and inhale.
    Is that what they call it? I've always heard it described as sniffing glue. Maybe that's a different thing.

No. We are living in a democracy. We have the protection of the police. Nobody's going to hurt us.
    I am simply in awe that people living in 2021 are still naive enough to utter nonsense like this. This is basically "It can never happen to me" kind of thinking. Why do people always think it can't happen to them.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

King of sapila

Next time you try to hypno one just RTFM.

Here:

Name:  bhp.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  71.1 KB

I hadn't heard about that extreme a response in this part of the planet. I know the Philipines had some brutal lockdowns, and of course there is always China (I suppose North Korea might be worse, but they were in lockdown before COVID was even a thing). On the other hand, we have the highest death toll (unless India passed us, but they do have four times our population), so the US response worked out economically, but not in other ways.
    Well the worst of it is behind us. The government ended the lockdowns and we are now on a slow road to economic recovery but that is still looking bleak. There are still several changes that altered the way we live life here and there is no end in sight. Certain freedoms we had before are now gone. For one thing, we have to wear masks here permanently and it's not something we can take lightly unless we want to face very stiff fines at the hands of the courts enforced by an over-zealous police force. We also have some kind of safe-zone thing which is used to restrict certain activities and behaviors for unvaccinated people. Violating these restrictions carry far stiffer penalties. The latest thing that is happening now is the government is refusing to pay it's workers unless they get vaccinated. All in all, life here is nothing like it was before. It's like living in a different world.

PowerPoster

I'm not lazy, I'm just out of shape. The darn bears always run away, and I can't keep up with them.
    If you want to hypnotize a bear, there is a technique that won't ever fail:

Look for a female bear that just gave birth and is with the cubs.
    Try to touch or get near to any of its childs.

Come back here and report.

PowerPoster

Here is one such product: https://boomboomnaturals.com/

PowerPoster

Did you know that in Australia they are detaining unvaccinated people into hotels? (no concentration camps still -step by step-).

The news are from early december: Liberal senator Alex Antic taken to medi-hotel by police over vaccination status.

Interview to the senator on video:

https://rumble.com/vqc6wi-australian...n-centers.html

PowerPoster

Milgram experiment (fron Wikipedia):

The Milgram experiment(s) on obedience to authority figures was a series of social psychology experiments conducted by Yale University psychologist Stanley Milgram. They measured the willingness of study participants, men in the age range of 20 to 50 from a diverse range of occupations with varying levels of education, to obey an authority figure who instructed them to perform acts conflicting with their personal conscience. Participants were led to believe that they were assisting an unrelated experiment, in which they had to administer electric shocks to a "learner". These fake electric shocks gradually increased to levels that would have been fatal had they been real.
    Read full: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

The Idiot

Last edited by baka; Jan 20th, 2022 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo- View Post
    If you want to hypnotize a bear, there is a technique that won't ever fail:

Look for a female bear that just gave birth and is with the cubs.
    Try to touch or get near to any of its childs.

Come back here and report.
    Here's a humorous video of doing exactly that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJRDpTUIrJI

There are others. As mentioned early on, they aren't all that aggressive at that time.

Milgram experiment (fron Wikipedia):

Read full: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment
    Yes, that's a famous experiment. Whether or not it really showed what he said it showed has been debated ever since. The Wikipedia article lays out some of the controversy surrounding it and the variations on the experiment that looked at other interpretations.

PowerPoster

Here's a humorous video of doing exactly that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJRDpTUIrJI

There are others. As mentioned early on, they aren't all that aggressive at that time.
    That's cheating, if you drug the mother you cannot hypnotize her.

PowerPoster

Another related experiment: The Third Wave (experiment): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Th...e_(experiment)

The experiment took place at Cubberley High School in Palo Alto, California, during the first week of April 1967. Jones, finding himself unable to explain to his students how the German people could have claimed ignorance of The Holocaust, decided to demonstrate it to them instead. Jones started a movement called "The Third Wave" and told his students that the movement aimed to eliminate democracy. The idea that democracy emphasises individuality was considered a drawback, and Jones emphasised this main point of the movement in its motto: "Strength through discipline, strength through community, strength through action, strength through pride."

That's cheating, if you drug the mother you cannot hypnotize her.
    Yeah, I thought so, too. I thought I had seen a video where they didn't use drugs, but they were only measuring the cubs. Couldn't find it, though. The video I linked to is more entertaining anyways.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    Wow, this thread gets weirder and weirder.
    If you really want to understand what is going on, I can point you what to do. But you'll have to spend no less than six hours watching videos.

I guess you are not willing to do that. So, yes, it gets weirder (like when you look into code of a program that you don't understand).

Another related experiment: The Third Wave (experiment): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Th...e_(experiment)
    The movie The Wave sounded familiar, but not at all what was mentioned in the article. As it turns out, there have been several films with that name. I watched the Norwegian disaster film with that name.

Otherwise, that's an interesting experiment. I've stated on here before (albeit MANY years back) that there tends to be a few groups that form around any concept. There are the high priests, the true believers, and the enforcers. The concept can be truly insignificant. You can see it with backpackers, programmers, fishermen, and most likely any hobby. Of course, you also see it with religion and politics of all stripes. The high priests often don't know they fill that role, or are embarrassed to fill the role, but sometimes they relish the role and really lean into it. They tend to be the people who have really mastered the subject through great personal commitment, which is usually driven by an enthusiasm for the subject.

The enforcers are a subset of the true believers. The true believers may be quite devoted to the subject, but either don't feel they have sufficient skill, experience, or ability, or are fairly new. There are also casual participants, who aren't all that devoted, and often make up the largest group. They often don't much care about the wisdom of the high priests, and can readily lose interest.

The enforcers are perhaps the most interesting group. They tend to self-appoint, and decide who is sufficiently pure. They also often act as gate keepers, deciding who is in the club and who is excluded. I've always found the enforcers around any club to suffer from something of an inferiority complex. They tend to be the ones that say, "I'm not good/smart enough to excel at this". It's as if they stand on the fringes, wishing they were the high priests, and keeping out anybody who they don't think to be equally devoted.

Since enforcer groups seem to form around such mundane subjects, I'm not surprised that the experiment was able to get them to form over a pseudo-serious topic.

PowerPoster

The movie The Wave sounded familiar, but not at all what was mentioned in the article. As it turns out, there have been several films with that name. I watched the Norwegian disaster film with that name.

Otherwise, that's an interesting experiment. I've stated on here before (albeit MANY years back) that there tends to be a few groups that form around any concept. There are the high priests, the true believers, and the enforcers. The concept can be truly insignificant. You can see it with backpackers, programmers, fishermen, and most likely any hobby. Of course, you also see it with religion and politics of all stripes. The high priests often don't know they fill that role, or are embarrassed to fill the role, but sometimes they relish the role and really lean into it. They tend to be the people who have really mastered the subject through great personal commitment, which is usually driven by an enthusiasm for the subject.

The enforcers are a subset of the true believers. The true believers may be quite devoted to the subject, but either don't feel they have sufficient skill, experience, or ability, or are fairly new. There are also casual participants, who aren't all that devoted, and often make up the largest group. They often don't much care about the wisdom of the high priests, and can readily lose interest.

The enforcers are perhaps the most interesting group. They tend to self-appoint, and decide who is sufficiently pure. They also often act as gate keepers, deciding who is in the club and who is excluded. I've always found the enforcers around any club to suffer from something of an inferiority complex. They tend to be the ones that say, "I'm not good/smart enough to excel at this". It's as if they stand on the fringes, wishing they were the high priests, and keeping out anybody who they don't think to be equally devoted.

Since enforcer groups seem to form around such mundane subjects, I'm not surprised that the experiment was able to get them to form over a pseudo-serious topic.
    This is all interesting and true.
    One common aspect in such phenomena is that the "believers" of this kind are believers based on blind faith.
    It means that they don't reason, they are able to "believe" contradictory concepts, all at the same time.
    Also they are fanatics and get angry if their beliefs are challenged (don't know how to defend them because they don't reason).
    Their minds are narrowed, everything outside their narrow views are seen as a threat.

BTW, don't you see a parallelism with the pandemic and the pushing of vaccinations?
    Who are the priests?
    Who are the enforcers?
    Who are the believers?

King of sapila

I don't understand why you go beating around the bush on bear hypno since there is that perfectly good book.
    Use the techniques, spay honey (spray not spread) , sing the hymn and report back. Bears smell vaxbies anyhow so they will come for you eventually so hypnotism is an excellent defense.

As for the other less serious stuff, I think that even if someone is right and tell to other people, they usually tend to go "over protective" so even if something is correct they won't accept it.
    I have seen this happen a lot of times, I probably have done so in the past as a youngster. I could willingly accept that I was wrong on the whole covid thing , except I wasn't...And no this is not wine it's grape juice!

That friend of my I mentioned in a few posts back is still sick. I think it has been more than a month ago. He rarely answers the phone (his son does). As an update:

He wasn't vaccinated and got the virus.
    After a few days he went to the hospital.
    After a few days he got bored and checked himself out.
    Went home and would not return phone calls.

We got an update yesterday. He is still VERY sick in bed and he has lost 46 pounds. I'm thinking at this point he has become a long hauler. He is over sixty-five with diabetes. I'm not going to go back through the links but I think it is well over a month since he got sick.
    I received a few posts of condolences on this and thanks...I just got an update from a mutual friend that saw him tonight. It is sad on many levels. Here are two:

He had to go back to the hospital and is back out. Since he had checked himself out before, and the hospital is at maximum capacity, they stabilized his insulin level (he is diabetic), and sent him home. That all makes me very sad because he is so sick but can't get treatment. He is emaciated at this point and his family is reaching out to us friends on the outside because he won't listen to them about staying in he hospital. But as I mentioned he burnt that bridge

He put himself there and is is taxing us all. The hell with you. He railed against vaccinations and still does. The hospital turned him away because they are packed with people just like him. It is tough to be mad at a friend that deserves what he is getting and you wouldn't wish that on an enemy

I think he is a long hauler now...
    Last edited by TysonLPrice; Jan 19th, 2022 at 06:26 PM.
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

This is all interesting and true.
    One common aspect in such phenomena is that the "believers" of this kind are believers based on blind faith.
    It means that they don't reason, they are able to "believe" contradictory concepts, all at the same time.
    Also they are fanatics and get angry if their beliefs are challenged (don't know how to defend them because they don't reason).
    Their minds are narrowed, everything outside their narrow views are seen as a threat.

BTW, don't you see a parallelism with the pandemic and the pushing of vaccinations?
    Who are the priests?
    Who are the enforcers?
    Who are the believers?
    I was actually thinking of model railroads when I wrote that. It's as benign a subject as you can possibly find, and also one that I know almost nothing about. I'd be one of those casual participants on that, since I had a model railroad when I was young, but not for decades. Still, I happened to see an ad for some kind of course or seminar on model railroads (it probably showed as an ad for one of those bear tagging videos). The priests were clear, as they were the experts teaching the course(s). The believers were also clear, as they were the ones wanting to learn. The enforcers? Well, certainly not mentioned, but they always form in any group.

I'm not sure about the true believers having blind faith. It depends on the subject. If you get to something tangible, like model railroad dioramas, I would say that they don't have blind faith. They might be fanatic, they may or may not have skills, but they aren't taking much on blind faith. On the other hand, for really complicated subjects like religion and politics, then yeah, there'd be plenty of blind faith. Probably also true with quantum physics. Any subject where you can be fanatic without full comprehension would be a candidate.

When it comes to vaccines, there isn't one set, there are two. There's vax and anti-vax. Both have their high priests, both have their true believers, and both have their enforcers. Niya also made it clear that it's quite different from country to country, while Dilettante and others has made it clear to me that it is quite different from state to state within the US.

Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    I don't understand why you go beating around the bush on bear hypno since there is that perfectly good book.
    Use the techniques, spay honey (spray not spread) , sing the hymn and report back. Bears smell vaxbies anyhow so they will come for you eventually so hypnotism is an excellent defense.

As for the other less serious stuff, I think that even if someone is right and tell to other people, they usually tend to go "over protective" so even if something is correct they won't accept it.
    I have seen this happen a lot of times, I probably have done so in the past as a youngster. I could willingly accept that I was wrong on the whole covid thing , except I wasn't...And no this is not wine it's grape juice!
    Well I can't do it NOW. It's winter! The bears are all dozing. I'll have to wait till spring. Still, how do you spray honey? I got this fancy looking honey dispenser, and it only works if you eat a LOT of honey. If you are using it pretty constantly, then it will work, but if you consume honey at a more normal rate, it will just clog up and be turned into a fancy looking display of crystalized honey.

You aren't diluting your honey with corn syrup are you? That would be just wrong.

Still, now that I think about it, that dispenser would probably work really well for syrup.

Quote Originally Posted by TysonLPrice View Post
    I received a few posts of condolences on this and thanks...I just got an update from a mutual friend that saw him tonight. It is sad on many levels. Here are two:

He had to go back to the hospital and is back out. Since he had checked himself out before, and the hospital is at maximum capacity, they stabilized his insulin level (he is diabetic), and sent him home. That all makes me very sad because he is so sick but can't get treatment. He is emaciated at this point and his family is reaching out to us friends on the outside because he won't listen to them about staying in he hospital. But as I mentioned he burnt that bridge

He put himself there and is is taxing us all. The hell with you. He railed against vaccinations and still does. The hospital turned him away because they are packed with people just like him. It is tough to be mad at a friend that deserves what he is getting and you wouldn't wish that on an enemy

I think he is a long hauler now...
    That's unfortunate. Is the insulin imbalance the cause of the weight loss?

PowerPoster

I'm not sure about the true believers having blind faith.
    I agree, but I was talking about the kind of "believers" that you depicted (or at least I understood you were depicting).

The "true" believers that you now say, are rational.
    It is live believing that the train tracks do not join.
    You have to believe that, that they don't actually join far away, but you does that because you reason and you already have that information.

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  8.9 KB

But the other ones (blind faith) are capable of believing that the moon is of cheese (an exaggeration), or that the earth is flat, or whatever that goes against all evidence.

When it comes to vaccines, there isn't one set, there are two. There's vax and anti-vax. Both have their high priests, both have their true believers, and both have their enforcers.
    Even in the group that believes "true" things there are also some fanatics. They don't reason, they are mostly motivated by fear and they are insecure.

May be in this group there are also priests, believers and enforcers, but they play a different role since they have to do their job with the truth, not with lies (as the other group does).
    This is how society and human organization works anyway, it is not bad per se.
    Not everybody has the ability to be Einstein.

Niya also made it clear that it's quite different from country to country, while Dilettante and others has made it clear to me that it is quite different from state to state within the US.
    Yes, we are just in the first stage. The world is large to coordinate and manage.

PowerPoster

Australia seems to be ahead in the route.

Name:  4a81a6130b3149bc1453b1567626f3c90b250efa-16x9-x0y0w1280h720.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  38.7 KB

Woman arrested at cafe during COVID vaccine checks.

Astonishing moment FIVE Aussie police arrest woman after she 'refused to show her vaccine passport' as she shrieks: 'Don't arrest me'.

middle aged woman has been dramatically arrested by five police at a popular cafe after refusing to show her vaccination certificate.

The video then shows the large squad of officers arresting the 46-year-old out the front of the store as she shrieked 'you can't arrest me'.

She was bundled into the back of the police car, taken to the watchhouse, charged and fined $1,300.

The Idiot

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by baka View Post
    soon I will think you are bought as well. how much money did they give you to keep up with the lies?
    I think they do it for free.
    Cheaper, impossible.
    OK, not really cheap. They had to invest a lot on mass media.

Aside from that...

If you were a multi-billionaire, what would you do?
    What can a multi-billionaire do with the money?

Change the world, yes.
    In which way?
    It doesn't matter, in the way that is more fun.
    And what is fun, when you already did everything that a man could wish for (restricted to things that the money can buy)?

And that is not considering that they are psychopaths.
    Because you might think that they could have some good wishes, after all.

In fact, the root is spiritual. It is not a coincidence that the richest people in the world are bad persons (or most of them).
    So you can get an idea about from where is coming all this.
    It is easier (for me) to understand what is happening when you already know beforehand what are the forces behind.

The Idiot

PowerPoster

It is important to understand what a theory is.
    Because sometimes it is used in a derogatory way, saying "it is just a theory".

I'll explain it with my own words (or you can go to Wikipedia: Theory and Scientific theory).

A theory is a way of understanding something, a way of explaining something that is observed.
    We could say that it is like a model, something that you present and it works in the way that produces what we can see in reality.
    It can make predictions. Because based in the way this "model" works, you can predict what is going to happen next.
    For example, using the theory of gravitation of Newton, you can predict the position of the planets in some future.

Was the Newton's gravitational theory accurate?
    Yes, very accurate.
    But there were some strange things that seemed not to follow the theory.
    There were some observations that didn't match with what the theory predicted.
    The most famous being the precession of the perihelion of Mercury.

Then Einstein came with his General relativity theory that explained much better this observation.
    Einstein theory also predicted that a light from a distant star would curve while passing near a massive star, that was tested and confirmed.
    That gave also much credit to his theory.

Is then Einstein theory "the truth" about gravity? No. Theories are not "the truth", theories are ways to explain something, that work.
    Well, they "mostly" work. I mean, there are some things where they don't work, like Newton's theory didn't explain the precession of the perihelion of Mercury observation, Einstein theory also have its own problems.
    But it more accurately explain most of the observations, and very accurately for most cases.
    So it is useful. It is not "the truth", and in a future a new theory ould come to explain gravitation even better. But it won't the "the truth" either.

That what theories are, a way to explain the reality that we observe, that just "work".

Sometimes there are competing theories, so you need to perform experiments, to make observations, to see what theory works better.

And when will be humanity able to know the ultimate truth about how the Universe works?
    IMO never. That's beyond human capacity. At least not in this world.
    All we have are theories that are confined to a particular field.

Why we make theories? Because we don't know the truth about many things, how they actually work. We need to discover how things work and what is happening by making a model that can explain all the observations that we see and are (before the theory) disconnected, they are like pieces in a puzzle that we don't know how to put together.

That's what a theory does, propose a way to put together the pieces of a puzzle. By making this, there will be perhaps things that we are not able to prove because they are beyond our human capacity.
    And that's a problem in science, because when you are not able to prove something, that's called metaphysics (meta: Gr. beyond; metaphysics: beyond physics).
    Metaphysics is not allowed in science by principle.
    Still, there are many metaphysics like the String Theory, Multiverse theories, etc. Evolution Theory also because nobody can go to the past to watch and experiment if something like that really happened or not.

So, when they call something a "conspiracy theory". It is in fact accurate, because it is a way to explain some things we observe, and it include a conspiracy.
    But mass media use that label of "conspiracy theory" in a derogatory way to discredit an idea.

Yes, there are many of crazy conspiracy theories out there, And?
    That means that there are no true conspiracies?

For example, there are many religions and some of them (or most... or all) preach crazy stuff. And that means that God doesn't exist?

So, yes, about this thing of mass media narrative and all this pandemic, we have a conspiracy theory. What's the problem?

And if these ideas are just for nutcases, why Google/Youtube/Facebook/Tweeter/TV are filtering all this ideas. It seems like they are afraid of something.

You can say: "I understand, but I don't like being labeled as a nutcase because I believe in a conspiracy theory".
    Yes, right, I understand. I myself prefer the truth.

The Idiot

That's unfortunate. Is the insulin imbalance the cause of the weight loss?
    I don't know. The nature of our friendship is a bunch of us get together on Saturday and play pool in a buddies basement. We have been doing it for over fifteen years. I don't know him very well outside of that other than he is a gun collector/seller and I went to his stand once. So I get everything second hand. Maybe it is a combination of weeks in bed and no appetite. They did have to stabilize him so that may well have been a factor.
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

The Idiot

this is interesting
    explains why vaccination is bad in the long run
    and what we should have done instead.

so watch this interview with Dr Geert Vanden Bossche

https://rumble.com/vrkwiv-dr-geert-v...anization.html

Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar

this is interesting
    explains why vaccination is bad in the long run
    and what we should have done instead.

so watch this interview with Dr Geert Vanden Bossche
    You do realise that Dr Geert Vanden Bossche is actually pro vaccination right? and also works on developing vaccines?

He says that he believes that mass-vaccination during a pandemic should stop, and we should wait and than mass vaccinate afterwards with a different type of vaccine, which he just happens to be developing

This of course is not in anyway a conflict of interest
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

His entire manifesto has also already been widely discredited.

Still, with Omicron spikes rapidly receding it does look like Covid is finally becoming weak enough to be endemic. That's fantastic news.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

The Idiot

Last edited by baka; Jan 20th, 2022 at 03:41 PM.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by baka View Post
    even so, you believe in the conspiracy of hundreds of people that in the end gains nothing.
    And that don't have a dime.

And that are being fired from their works for telling these things.

For example in that theory there are many pieces that don't fit in the puzzle.

Page 122 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2272112119120121122123124125132 ... LastLast