Page 76 of 137 FirstFirst ... 26667374757677787986126 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,040 of 5445

Thread: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

King of sapila

Re: [RESOLVED] Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

Fair enough.

Today I watched a part of the news of a sold out media channel about vaccination. They agree that the protection is around 55% (and when a sold out media says 55% it's probably below 30%) but we vax so we don't get that ill, that is debatable.
    I was amazed but this shows that the first line of propaganda is starting to decline as people wake up and now they go to the second line of defense, not getting that ill .
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    But since I haven't really searched for German power plan I might be mistaken.
    IMO the data in your link is outdated (seems like from 2012)
    Here's another (Wikipedia)-link with current data: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electr...tor_in_Germany

On that thought tho, why you are buying our lignite resources secretly if you intend to go full green?
    Are you aware of that I wonder.
    As for lignite and the "go green goal" ...
    Our own consumption (in power-plants) was hugely reduced over the last decade
    (to roughly only a third now, compared with 2008) -
    and the current "no coal at all for electricity" timeline is 2038.

As for "imports of lignite from Greece"...
    Lignite is basically the only resource, which is available "in abundance" in Germany.
    Lignite from "german soil" is mined in roughly 3 times the quantity, compared to Greece.
    We also export quite an amount of this stuff: https://trendeconomy.com/data/h2/Germany/2702

I can imagine, that nevertheless "lignite-imports from Greece" *did* happen,
    but probably due to "buffering" of "larger, fixed export-contracts".
    Related to that might be, that the "ownership" of several german lignite-mining-sites shifted to Czech-companies.

Olaf

King of sapila

You did not understand and I don't blame you.
    We couldn't just give you the lignite as our story here is that we are cutting down lignite for green, so it would saw as treachery.
    The deal are undercover so it will not be shown in economy sites.

See this map from 2018, before dictator took the government in Greece.
    See Greece percentage.
    https://euracoal.eu/info/euracoal-eu-statistics/
    now look at 2020 Greece percentage. What is missing is pushed into Germany undercover.

Now see the 2008 map before the memorandum in Greece. No2 in Europe, amazed? Yep we are slowly pushing the lignite to you after our no1 idiot prime Papandreou talked about go green bs.
    Last edited by sapator; Aug 19th, 2021 at 02:06 PM.

PowerPoster

I'm not sure where people get their ideas. Local propaganda that feeds into patriotism?

PowerPoster

The UK suffered supply and logistic problems in rolling out 2-dose vaccines (as well as more hesitancy than their press has been willing to admit). As a result they chose to violate recommendations and give one dose alone and then after things got bad belatedly doling out 2nd doses.

Since then they have been snapping their suspenders claiming "Look at us, we were smart and we meant this all along. Our strategy (hah!) turns out to have been superior."

Well that all came a cropper this week when the facts came out. Turns out it isn't true. So far they'll admit to Part 1 (not a better strategy) but remain mum on Part 2 (actually a poor strategy).

Now instead of mocking those talking about 3rd-dose "boosters" they are fiddling hat-in-hand hemming and hawing "well, maybe after all."

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    I'm not sure where people get their ideas. Local propaganda that feeds into patriotism?
    In case you meant the Data posted by me, this is real...
    (when I look out of my window, nearly every second house is roofed with Solar-Panels and Heat-Exchangers).

And BTW, the numbers were only "percentages of renewable energy in the electric-grid".
    (I'm quite aware, that "transport", "heating", etc. were left out).

Patriotism?

Far from it, because we're only at place 50 or so worldwide and can (should be able to) do better.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ity_production

That list is a bit old in the meantime (2016), though it gives a good impression where countries stand.
    (the list is sortable by column #4 ... RE % of total)

Olaf

PowerPoster

From the very beginning, the British said that they wanted "collective immunization." To put it bluntly, they would wait for death and do nothing. Everyone is infected and everyone has antibodies to the virus.
    If the death rate of this disease is 20%, how many billion people will die in the world at once?
    In the case of insufficient vaccines, there is no way to get a shot first. I heard that the number of vaccines in the United States can reach 8 per person. A large amount of accumulation will be sold at a high price

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    I had an 82 Civic that could get 45 mpg. However, it had such a tiny gas tank that the range was only about 360 miles on the outside, and going over 300 was risky. Yeah, it had an 8 gallon tank. I ran it until EVERY system was failing in some fashion.

As engines have gotten more efficient, car manufacturers in the US have made larger and more powerful cars. The gains have gone into size, not fuel economy because the manufacturers decided (probably correctly) that US consumers won't spend a dime on fuel economy, but will spend many a dollar on more power or size.
    How to save fuel, you should buy a Japanese car, such as Toyota. Japan’s electricity price is four times that of China, and all resources such as oil are imported, so they are very strong in energy conservation and environmental protection.

PowerPoster

I drove a Civic Hybrid from May 2002 until March 2018 when I hit a deer and the insurance company totaled it. I can't recall even the worst winter getting less than 39 MPG out of a tank of gas, and normally it did far better. Nominal range of 630 miles/tank, though I rarely pushed it beyond 580. I was doing too many long trips to and from the boonies to risk that.

Aside from the powerplant/drivetrain it was all but a plain old 4-5 passenger Civic. A different spoiler and an engine underpanel to reduce resistance a bit but that was it. 2002 technology.

20 years later we can surely do as well making a 6-8 passenger 3 row vehicle for large families that gets the same efficiency. Make those today and in 5 years we'd have used cars in the pipeline for folks of modest means to acquire. By then the tech should be better and before long all-electric may even make sense.

But if you keep letting people buy jacked up SUVs and pickups it is never going to happen. People need to see them for the clownish baboonery they are and feel ashamed or at least apologetic to be seen in one.

I grew up poor. I know what it is like to be seen with 6 other kids packed into the family's '49 Chevy wheezing down the road in 1967 on its last legs.
    Name:  7c9d17c5gy1gshn5zr4e5j21es0u07a9.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  42.1 KB
    Buy an electric car for $5,000,
    IN CHINA,Electric cars, 150 kilometers, are enough for short-distance travel. Charge 0.04$ /kwh for 1 hour at home (at night), and charge 0.08$ per hour for charging during the day

PowerPoster

I'm not sure what your point is here. Were you thinking that we believed the vaccine was magic? Just to be clear: I always understood that viruses can evolve, and that they will evolve to get around our immune system. That's how they came into being, after all. Changing to deal with new viruses is how our immune system works, as well. Because of that, our immune systems will always be a step behind ANY virus, because they can't learn to defend against it until it infects us.

A vaccine is allowing our immune system to train against a specific attack before the specific attack actually happens. The real beauty of the mRNA vaccines is their ability to be rapidly modified to provide updated training against updated viruses. The virus will keep evolving, but the mRNA vaccine can turn as fast as they do. For that reason, I have always favored a third dose, and am already in favor of a fourth, fifth, and so on dose so long as the virus keeps mutating.

So, to be totally clear: I have always favored more doses to deal with variations in the virus and still do. That's the whole advantage that the mRNA vaccines provided.

Having said that, let me also state that one unknown that always existed with this, or any other, vaccine, is the question of how long the effect lasts. Our immune systems can, and do, 'forget' about certain threats. We know that the rate of forgetting is different for different attackers, and we have known that for as long as we have had vaccines...and viruses, for that matter. Some things need boosters annually, some are once in a lifetime, and some (such as tetanus) are roughly seven years. Since we don't fully understand how our immune systems forget, we can't predict how long any particular vaccine will remain effective, and the ONLY way we can know is to give it years, or even decades. We simply haven't had COVID around long enough to have that data, and there's no shortcut to getting that data. So, booster shots were always an unknown, and will be until we have at least a decade of experience with COVID. In other words, we should better understand the specifics around COVID by about 2030. Perhaps by then we'll have computer models such that it will take less than a decade to get a decade's worth of experience, but we aren't there, yet.

So, to sum it up: What are you talking about? I was ALWAYS in favor of a third dose. Were you thinking I would be disappointed by the possibility that we might need one? If so, let me be perfectly clear: I am ALREADY in favor of a fourth and fifth shot, not just a third shot.
    Sometimes, the new coronavirus is artificially created. Genetic modification, enhanced toxicity, biological and chemical weapons. Sometimes it's just a careless study, it can also become a diffusion or leak.
    Hundreds of blackmailer viruses, as well as thousands of Bitcoins and variants, have been harming humanity.

The vaccine is upgraded and injected regularly. Everyone may have to get a lot of vaccinations in their lifetime. Fortunately, most of them now only need to be injected once or twice when they are children.

PowerPoster

Immunity also varies by disease, based on the characteristics of a given disease.

Polio is an example of a different case from coronavirus diseases. The Polio vaccine confers a sterilizing immunity, so-called because it all but prevents infection. That's because Polio takes a long time to get into the bloodstream after exposure and it is only able to multiply after getting into the bloodstream.

Coronavirus diseases are different. They can accumulate and multiply in the mucus of the nose, mouth, throat, and lungs so exposures can ramp up to high loads before getting into the bloodstream. Immunity will always be more limited, which is why we still can get cold symptoms from the common cold viruses even though we have acquired immunity.

Of course even then immunity limits the severity of the coronavirus infection because it starts to attack the virus once it gets into your blood or into relatively engorged tissue sites (for example alveoli) where blood-borne infection fighting cells and compounds (T-cells, interferons, antibodies) can attack it.

Sure, that's an oversimplification. First it is a deep topic and second I'm not an immunologist.
    I was infected with polio virus before and I almost couldn't walk. I had two operations and the position was wrong the first time. After taking ascaris medicine for an hour, a lot of roundworms are pulled out of my stomach. People have always coexisted with various viruses, bacteria, and parasites. Many mosquitoes bit me to death last night, so I didn’t bother to get mosquito coils.

Most need to invent an AIDS vaccine.

PowerPoster

That is a whole lotta discussion. If batteries are really "cleaner" , how much percentage is used on the actual charging and how much you just waste , wasted of batteries vs waste of fuel and such.
    Personally I won't currently spend 30.000 Euros for a bucket with batteries and Tesla is over 45.000 euros and I like the vroom vroom sound anyhow...Anddd of course if I know me better I will end up with a plug in the middle of the road asking for an outlet. May I use your toilet? (And walks in with a 300 meters wire )
    About the dictator, I've read a while ago that wind generator 30 years ago produced 0,4% of the total energy of the planet while fuel produce 95% after 30 years of putting them on they now produce 1% of the total energy.

An electric car in China only costs 3,000 euros. 5000-8000 euros can meet the basic driving needs of more than 80% of families
    Changan Benben E-STAR launched, with a range of 301km, and the same price as Wuling Hongguang MINI EV

Chinese takeaways generally charge a service fee of 20-30%. For a lunch of US$4, the APP service company will charge a service fee of more than US$1.
    In theory, this is how the 30% Apple tax on the Apple App Store is collected.
    But if someone brings you oil to your home to help you refuel, it is really too high to charge you 30% more.
    If the net profit of the store itself is only 40-50%, the food delivery app may have taken 80% of the net profit from it.

Theoretically speaking, charging piles should be built by the state. It's like a power transformer in every town and every village. Every village in China has concrete roads and broadband access to every village. Only when the country provides services, can the price be guaranteed low enough. Like Tesla charging piles, as well as charging piles provided by other companies, there will always be a problem of high prices.
    There are basically only two service providers in gas stations in China, and the prices are very high. Perhaps in the future, the electricity bills of electric car charging piles will be very expensive, and will eventually be monopolized by one or two giant companies.

Broadband in China, telecommunications costs are 70 US dollars per year, 20M broadband (actual download 2.2MB/S). Another mobile company's broadband tariff is 30-50 US dollars a year (100M BPS).
    Only with competition can it be cheaper.
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Aug 19th, 2021 at 09:55 PM.

Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar

The UK suffered supply and logistic problems in rolling out 2-dose vaccines (as well as more hesitancy than their press has been willing to admit). As a result they chose to violate recommendations and give one dose alone and then after things got bad belatedly doling out 2nd doses.
    That just isn't really true, In the UK we have had no problem rolling out 2nd doses I got mine in July, any adult that wants the vaccine has been able to get both doses its actually been pretty well run, one of the few things our Government has done ok at during the pandemic.

There were no belated second doses when you booked your first dose in you also booked an appointment for your second dose.

There has been some hesitancy among the younger age groups, take up among anyone over 30 has been pretty high.

Since then they have been snapping their suspenders claiming "Look at us, we were smart and we meant this all along. Our strategy (hah!) turns out to have been superior."
    Well now that does sound exactly like our Government, they have been doing that throughout the pandemic. Boris Johnson is an entitled clown and he sets the tone.
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

Quote Originally Posted by NeedSomeAnswers View Post
    Well now that does sound exactly like our Government, they have been doing that throughout the pandemic. Boris Johnson is an entitled clown and he sets the tone.
    I just feel this needs repeating, I couldn't agree more.

..And you seem to believe anything your read in favor as it supports what you believe.
    Ah the classic turn the argument back on the other person

I would counter that with I do check my sources and I do read also read news that doesn't support my 'beliefs'.

I dont have an agenda with vaccination I am not supporting it because the government said so or because It some have financial benefits me or something, I support it because overwhelmingly throughout history vaccination works and Scientist around the world have been able to test it and show that it works in terms of the Covid vaccine it works.

It seems to come down to a matter of Trust, I trust the scientist who world wide overwhelming both support the vaccine and say it safe, you distrust your government and as they are pushing the vaccine anyone else who does so must also have malign intent.

French director is OK but it's in between the spreading
    The French director is ok as he is expressing his opinion on vaccine passports I have no problem with that part of what he said.

Our world in data completely ignored
    I did try and look it up but I could find what you has posted exactly, happy to take another look if you can repost the link.

the family is known anti vaxxers, so what? Handcuff 12 year olds?
    So what? well the point is they somewhat staged this they were looking to make a scene and they assaulted a police officer trying to get arrested. Also i know that that video says the hand cuffed a 12 year old, but the person that they show being hand cuffed is not 12 years old she is clearly an adult.

The links you posted are from known sites promoting terror and vaccination.
    Really?? come on that is absolute nonsense and you know it. Did you even read any of the articles?? In what way do any of them promote terror?

So I am supposed to listen to experts you post but you can ignore that ones that I post? what research have you done into them?

virologist Nadia Roan, PhD, associate professor at UC San Francisco and associate investigator at the Gladstone Institutes

Kei Sato, a virologist at The University of Tokyo, Japan.

Rommie Amaro computational biophysical chemist at the University of California, San Diego

Are all these professionals lying to you in some great world wide conspiracy?

I could post many many more, I actually chose articles away from the UK on this occasion purposefully in fact I will often look at the news in other countries it gives you a different perspective.

As for Jean Michel Claverie maybe also read this

the French Society of Virology has dissociated itself from virologist who minimizes the epidemic
    https://www.lci.fr/sante/covid-19-la...e-2192491.html

I take back the seal of approval as, as you pointed out, it wasn't referred to me, although it was a nice pun
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

King of sapila

Yes the old switcharoo as you do from day 1
    French director is crazy, classic.
    Saw me the part they attacked cops and even so 12 year in handcs. You're ok with that, bravo.
    My resources are from know scientists and nobelist also but you just make them crazy so in contrast I make yours crazy.
    Of course having the main media on the flue side will limit the articles you can find on negative voices and bash them with paid haters (not you) so I'm "strangling" with 1 article and the other side has 30 in contrast but that's fine, the truth will come to light eventually (wheres that heaven revisited emoji ? )
    Whats wrong with our world in data links, let me check...
    Working fine.

So let me ask, you think that Delta is as lethal as the initial covid?
    So what mutating actually did was just made this more contagious right?
    You are seriously making this argument? Just to be sure in who I'm addressing to. No harm of course as I'm sure I look "somehow" to other people also but since we are on exact opposites, it's pointless to cross reference. Of course feel free to comment on the links I may post.
    Last edited by sapator; Aug 20th, 2021 at 06:30 AM.

There is absolutely no doubt about that.

It pushed out the "original" for that very reason. Survival of the fittest.
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

Yes the old switcharoo as you do from day 1
    My resources are from know scientists and nobelist also but you just make them crazy so in contrast I make yours crazy.
    You are mixing some known scientists in amongst an awful lot of anti-vax propaganda, the one or two useful links are completely swamped by untrustworthy and poorly researched links. Quoting articles that call the vaccines experimental (they are not), quoting articles that claim new variants neutralise the vaccine (they don't), quoting articles that claim vaccines are killing thousands of people (they aren't), and then saying we are being unfair because you have posted one or two sensible references.

Of course having the main media on the flue side will limit the articles you can find on negative voices and bash them with paid haters (not you) so I'm "strangling" with 1 article and the other side has 30 in contrast but that's fine, the truth will come to light eventually (wheres that heaven revisited emoji ? )
    Deliberatly trying to associate Covid with the flu, I know you are actually using "flue" but this is exactly how anti-vax misinformation spreads. Deny the truth, changing the names, acting as if two completely different things are the same. Whatever your reasons you are actively spreading and promoting misinformation and giving credence to utterly unresearched and biased articles.

That is absolutely what all the serious science seems to currently indicate

French director is crazy, classic.
    Saw me the part they attacked cops and even so 12 year in handcs. You're ok with that, bravo.
    Not at all, I dont think he is crazy and neither does the institute of french virology, I was pointing out he was expressing a personal opinion here and much of it is based upon his opposition to the covid passports. I would note that the French Director is not anti vax.

As for the 12 year old child, context is everything, did you even read my response?

You are seriously making this argument?
    All the scientific evidence suggests that yes its pretty similarly lethal as the original, and yes also that is significantly more contagious.

Doctors and Nurses who have had to deal with the waves of cases say the same thing.

King of sapila

French director does not have an opinion he has KNOWLEDGE, you and I have opinions.
    Fine, fine.
    I'm covering antivax articles?
    Let's go by the vax articles, your holly bible articles.Let's see if it as lethal.

"Still, it is difficult to determine whether Delta is actually making people sicker than previous forms of the virus or if it is simply circulating amongst more vulnerable populations where case numbers are high, vaccination rates are low and increased stress on hospital systems is impacting patient care and disease outcomes. "

https://asm.org/Articles/2021/July/H...iant-B-1-617-2

"Is the Delta variant associated with more deaths?
    There have not yet been enough deaths to systematically compare those associated with Delta and other variants"

https://www.gavi.org/vaccineswork/fi...-we-still-need

" study in Scotland, published in the Lancet, found the hospitalization rate of patients with that variant was about 85 percent higher than that of people with the Alpha variant. But because of the time lag between hospitalizations and deaths, there is not enough data to say whether or not Delta is more deadly than other variants"

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ge-in-the-u-s/

"it is extremely challenging to determine if the Delta variant is more lethal, as overall the mortality rates (case-fatality rate) from COVID 19 are declining in countries where there is good access to healthcare"

https://www.scimex.org/newsfeed/expe...it-more-severe

"There is still little data available about whether the delta variant causes more deaths. What is known is that, according to the PHE, 117 of the 92,056 people infected with the delta variant in the UK up to June 21 died. That means a fatality rate of 0.1%, which is very low in comparison with other variants."

https://www.dw.com/en/fact-check-wha...ant/a-57949754

"Estimates of case-fatality rates can vary, and numbers for the coronavirus are preliminary estimates."

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/30/h...lta-masks.html

I almost puked by it did it.

So estimations and preliminary evidence. And don't go to the vaccines now as I expect.

King of sapila

MR nay inventory Dr Robert Malone. Look like the vaccine is making covid more contagious among other stuff and:
    What worries me is what was transmitted yesterday by NBC anonymous government official that says that the infaction rates of the vaxbies are higher that non vaxbies.

Let me catch you here and say that he is a crazy person a mad inventor and antivax.

https://twitter.com/Annamddk/status/...f84ceb5cf87%2F

Woman kicked out like a bag because she did not have the pass:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayDor2lcYHg

Megavaxbie Australia prime get's a vaxbie taste , Victor Dominello got Bell paralysis, said it's not from the vaccine. I say that donkeys can fly.

PowerPoster

French director does not have an opinion he has KNOWLEDGE, you and I have opinions.
    Fine, fine.
    I'm covering antivax articles?
    Let's go by the vax articles, your holly bible articles.Let's see if it as lethal.

"Still, it is difficult to determine whether Delta is actually making people sicker than previous forms of the virus or if it is simply circulating amongst more vulnerable populations where case numbers are high, vaccination rates are low and increased stress on hospital systems is impacting patient care and disease outcomes. "

https://asm.org/Articles/2021/July/H...iant-B-1-617-2

"Is the Delta variant associated with more deaths?
    There have not yet been enough deaths to systematically compare those associated with Delta and other variants"

https://www.gavi.org/vaccineswork/fi...-we-still-need

" study in Scotland, published in the Lancet, found the hospitalization rate of patients with that variant was about 85 percent higher than that of people with the Alpha variant. But because of the time lag between hospitalizations and deaths, there is not enough data to say whether or not Delta is more deadly than other variants"

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...ge-in-the-u-s/

"it is extremely challenging to determine if the Delta variant is more lethal, as overall the mortality rates (case-fatality rate) from COVID 19 are declining in countries where there is good access to healthcare"

https://www.scimex.org/newsfeed/expe...it-more-severe

"There is still little data available about whether the delta variant causes more deaths. What is known is that, according to the PHE, 117 of the 92,056 people infected with the delta variant in the UK up to June 21 died. That means a fatality rate of 0.1%, which is very low in comparison with other variants."

https://www.dw.com/en/fact-check-wha...ant/a-57949754

"Estimates of case-fatality rates can vary, and numbers for the coronavirus are preliminary estimates."

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/30/h...lta-masks.html

I almost puked by it did it.

So estimations and preliminary evidence. And don't go to the vaccines now as I expect.
    What is your point, what are you trying to say. That's just a bunch of people saying there is not enough evidence or not enough time yet to draw a conclusion with confidence. I didn't bother to check the dates of the quotes but it doesn't matter. There is no point being made.

PowerPoster

https://assets.publishing.service.go...riefing_21.pdf

Interesting and sobering data inside on pages 22 and 23.

In the UK from February 1 2021 through August 15 2021:

Unvaccinated Delta variant cases: 183133
    Unvaccinated Delta variant deaths: 390 (0.213%)

Partially vaccinated Delta variant cases: 89957
    Partially vaccinated Delta variant deaths: 104 (0.116%)

Fully vaccinated Delta variant cases: 73372
    Fully vaccinated Delta variant deaths: 679 (0.925%)

It would be a giant kick in the nuts if these new mRNA shots leave your immune system in a never-ending dependency cycle for more and more of these shots.

King of sapila

What's my point? What's my point...
    My point has been reached actually, I'm going for souvlakia!

P.S. If what Option is posting is correct (from an initial view, it is official) you owe an apology for spreading false data and assumptions but I'm sure you will find a loophole again as usual.

P.S. If what Option is posting is correct (from an initial view, it is official) you owe an apology for spreading false data and assumptions but I'm sure you will find a loophole again as usual.
    Uh, no, not so much. It suffers from the same mathematical and logical flaws that I noted before.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

King of sapila

I don't care you should apologize either way, forrrr, something else.
    Btw what's your point?

Isn't the numbers on the report? I haven't looked I was getting fooooooooddddd!!!!

PowerPoster

Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

Yeah, that sounds more like 28 Days Later.

I haven't heard anything like that. The death rate from the virus is reasonably high, as these things go, but that's still not very high. What's interesting about this is the potential for person to person infection, and the fact that cases have been picked up outside China at airports. The interesting point about the latter is that policies put into place to try to reduce the spread of potential pandemics does appear to be working. It's always interesting to see humanity put something in place BEFORE it is too late. This has been a good, useful, and fairly successful test.

I have heard about doctors and nurses being in hazmat suits, which makes sense when you are dealing with the unknown. The number of infected doesn't sound all that high, nor does the rate of transmission sound all that unusual. It's a virus, it transmits kind of like the common cold. So, this is just the uncommon cold. You can kind of tell because the finger pointing has already begun, which says that people aren't hair-on-fire freaking out.

All this is going to do is shift people away from Corona to Guinness, Coors, and craft beers.
    If you are a doctor or a nurse, it is like treating AIDS patients, and it turns out that many doctors are infected. A few days later, the entire hospital is full and a few doctors died.
    In this case, do you feel safe?
    And the cost of treatment requires several years of salary. Almost died several times, and only survived by rescue. Even if cured, there are still many sequelae.
    There was no effective treatment plan and medicine at the beginning, which is really terrible.
    Isolation is the most cost-effective option. You have to know that there is no place to buy masks for a whole month.

You are afraid, sometimes it is a good thing.
    They are all very courageous. When a virus of 10 times or 100 times the strength appears, half of the people on the earth will really die.
    There are only a few dozen people infected every day in China.

General pharmacies are not allowed to sell cold medicines. If you have CCV9-related symptoms, you can only seek treatment in the hospital. Everything is strict.

PowerPoster

The large ship blocked in the Suez Canal was put on hold and was demanded to pay back 1 billion U.S. dollars. In fact, the river channel was too small for another reason. The money was collected too high. When the typhoon struck, it was a natural disaster, and the big reason was not man-made.

As the most important waterway in the world, the importance of the Suez Canal is self-evident. Now the "Longci" has left, but will there be another freighter to block it next time? Although the Egyptian President has announced that the canal will be widened by 40 meters and deepened by 2 meters, this may not be enough to avoid a crisis. The editor believes that it is time for countries to open up new transportation routes. After all, eggs can’t just be placed in one basket. It’s always right to make a two-handed plan. The Russian Arctic Channel is a good alternative.

In addition, railway transportation can also play the same substitute role, not only with high safety and timeliness, but also strong. The blockage of the canal this time illustrates a truth, that is, the highly integrated global economy, as long as one link goes wrong, other links will be affected. Under this circumstance, it is tantamount to idiotic dreams that some countries want to be globalized!

PowerPoster

The new crown epidemic in the Philippines continues to worsen and the medical system is overwhelmed. The new wave of epidemics becoming more severe may cause more medical staff to resign. According to a Reuters report on the 17th, the Philippine Private Hospitals Association estimated that 40% of nurses in private hospitals in the country left their jobs last year. With the new wave of outbreaks, this year's turnover rate will be even higher.
    The number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the Philippines has repeatedly set new highs due to the delta strain. Many hospitals worry that the epidemic in the Philippines has reached a critical point. The Philippines has over 1.75 million confirmed cases of new crown and over 30,000 deaths

PowerPoster

Due to the continuous spread of the new crown epidemic, the medical systems of every state in the United States are once again in a state of emergency, and hospitals everywhere are experiencing a serious shortage of beds and a shortage of medical staff. To make matters worse, the number of deaths due to the new crown disease in many parts of the United States is too high, causing the local morgue to be "crushed" by a large number of bodies-it is reported that the morgue is full due to the excessive number of deaths in Texas , The state had to ask the federal government for help and transferred five refrigerated trailers to serve as "temporary morgues."

King of sapila

The river was too small for another reason.The money collected was too high on drugs, when typhoon struck the reason it was a disaster was because it was not man made.
    So we have the river, splassss , splassss, then money stacks start packing at the edges of the river, cliing cliiing and then the no man made typhoon cominggg anddd STOLE YOUR MONEYYYY s#ckeeeerrsss!
    That's what I also think happened

But he is on your, we are all going to die side, so ban me for abuse!
    Look at the little robot go, beep beep beep beep... Ok I'll stop.
    Last edited by sapator; Aug 20th, 2021 at 01:06 PM.

PowerPoster

In the earliest days, as long as everyone was quarantined at home for a month or two, there would be no such plague in the world. Originally, only a mask + isolation was required to stop the virus in 2-6 months. As a result, it has become 3 years, and almost half of the people have been infected. In the future, these people will mutate more new strains.
    The White House Coronavirus Response Coordinator, Jeff Zients, recently publicly stated to local governments and people: “I hope that all state governments will pay attention to the vaccination work, and the people should also get vaccinated as soon as possible. The only hope for fighting the epidemic."

This is not alarmist, because public data has proven that the state of Alabama, which has the lowest vaccination rate in the United States, has 4 times and 5.5 times higher rates of severe illness and 5.5 times the death rate of new crown patients than Vermont, which has the highest vaccination rate. . The Johns Hopkins University research report also pointed out that the state with the most vaccinations has a mortality rate of only 1 million to 6, while the state with the least vaccinations has a mortality rate of about 1 million to 34. It can be seen that vaccines are effective in controlling The importance of the new crown epidemic.

I have no idea what that's all about. Guess I need foooooood, too.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Got my booster shot...Pfizer. I lost my vaccine card and went to Walgreens to get a reprint. I asked if I was eligible for the vaccine and I was. Over 65 and an immune deficiency disorder. It make me feel a little more confident. Maybe that is self-deceiving but I don't think so. I trust the consensus of the scientific minds in general.
    Last edited by TysonLPrice; Aug 20th, 2021 at 01:20 PM.
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

PowerPoster

Uh, no, not so much. It suffers from the same mathematical and logical flaws that I noted before.
    The math is deaths / cases, so I would kindly ask you to point out what the mathematical flaw is in my post.

Do those numbers tell the whole story? Of course not. But we're not getting granular numbers. For example, the following broken down numbers would be EXCEEDINGLY telling:

Number of people who have Covid and number of deaths for these categories:

1. Had Covid, didn't get vaccinated, and had Covid a second time (I would consider that a breakthrough re-infection).
    2. Had Covid, got vaccinated, and had Covid a second time (I would consider that a super-breakthrough re-infection).
    3. Never had Covid, got vaccinated, and got Covid (Already considered a breakthrough infection).

I'm being told as a person who has had Covid, it doesn't count and I need to get vaccinated. I would love to see statistics from categories 1 and 2 above so that I can see evidence that a vaccine on top of already having Covid provides a significant benefit. And I'd like to see statistics from categories 1 and 3, to see how a person who has had Covid (natural antibodies) compares to a person who only has vaccine-provided antibodies.

As of right now, I haven't seen that type of statistical breakdown, and that is unfortunate.

Also, I'd much rather "my" vaccine doses be given to someone in some other country that hasn't already had Covid. But I guess in some "woke" logical pretzel, that makes me selfish.

King of sapila

Quote Originally Posted by TysonLPrice View Post
    Got my booster shot...Pfizer. I lost my vaccine card and went to Walgreens to get a reprint. I asked if I was eligible for the vaccine and I was. Over 65 and an immune deficiency disorder. It make me feel a little more confident. Maybe that is self-deceiving but I don't think so. I trust the consensus of the scientific minds in general.
    Is there a study of the effects of booster shots? They are relatively new, don't you think you trust them too much?
    Anyhow I'll say a pray for you, just in case.

I think the WHO gave out a report saying that vaccines are more drastically than natural immunity.
    I can't find it but if that is correct then they are bigger idiots than I though they were.

PowerPoster

For the people who received the mRNA vaccines, boosters will begin to be available on Sept. 20. The first people to qualify for a third dose will include “many health care providers, nursing home residents, and other seniors,” then “residents of long-term care facilities.”
    Sounds like somebody may have gotten a dose of something, but what is open to conjecture.

King of sapila

Yeah I was thinking of that but I don't know the procedures in USA.

Hey any chance of a new Dr Fat video? They are hilarious!

PowerPoster

Sounds like somebody may have gotten a dose of something, but what is open to conjecture.
    Maybe this information is known and I'm behind on it, but from the beginning I've wondered if there is anything fundamentally different from Shot 1 vs. Shot 2, and now, vs. Booster?

Are they all completely identical (volume, potency, contents, etc.?) I've always assumed that there must have been some difference on some level between the contents of shot 1 and shot 2, but that might have been me making a dumb assumption.

King of sapila

If I'm not mistaken, the first dose gives you the virus, the second one build the immune and the third one, not tested yet but probably kick start the vaxbie transformation. Braaaiiiinnnnsssss! But who knows, it's not tested, our test subjects here will let us know. Braaaiiiinnnssssss!!!!!!

Page 76 of 137 FirstFirst ... 26667374757677787986126 ... LastLast