Page 118 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1868108115116117118119120121 LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,720 of 4804

Thread: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

  1. #4681
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    36,902

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    Frikin brains eaters...

    So I was at work today and I had a mild catarrh and they told me to shove off for today, now I have a sore throat but I mean on the scale of 1-10 of how sick I feel I'm at 1.
    So either that was from the frikin idiots that makes us wait in lines at 3 degrees for the rapid test or it's a simple flukus but must be the simplest flukus I've ever experienced or it's mr.O
    If it's actually mr.O I have to ask?....That's aeit? That's fliking it? We are in lockdown for that?

    P.S.I did not get vaccinated, to protect people from the vaxbie apocalypse.
    Also I don't tend to be a lab rat. I don't get the benefit of those around me since vaxbies can catch and spread nicely. Unless that was a well hidden spam and I believe it was.
    Catarrh? Tell me about that word. I like it. I feel like I have seen it before, but not well enough to be sure whether it was a real word or just a typo, so I looked it up. Very nice. Etymology for the win!

    Still, I'm not sure quite what you are complaining about. That isn't a COVID thing. Of course, it depends a whole lot on your work situation, but I would be taking a sick day if I had a catarrh (see, I used it). That would be for two reasons: 1) I wouldn't want to pass whatever on to anybody around me (and they wouldn't want me to, either), and 2) I have enough stuff to work on at home.

    I haven't had a good cold since before COVID showed up. One of the side effects of this pandemic thing is that I'm just not around sick people anymore, so I'm not catching anything.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  2. #4682
    Angel of Code Niya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,002

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    So, it goes both ways to a large extent, but I'm not fully in control. I can choose to walk through the door, and the door is open partly because of my actions, but never entirely because of my actions...in most cases. Of course, in this, as in pretty nearly everything else, you have to add the caveat that there are always exceptions.
    Errr. You're kind of right here. Nothing you say here is false but I think it's very important to acknowledge that you yourself can take actions to give yourself choices that wouldn't have just been presented to you otherwise. Using your example of the your choice of where to get educated. Let's say someone was presented with a choice of going to some arbitrary University but they actually want to go to something like Yale. I believe it is entirely possible for this person to take a series of actions that will open up that choice for them. The only issue is are they willing to do what is necessary to obtain the outcome they want. This is essentially what I mean when I say we are solely responsible for what happens in our lives. We can have whatever we want as long as we are willing to do what it takes. I do not believe that a man cannot control his fate. He can if he has the grit to go after what he wants with unparalleled tenacity.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

    Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

    C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

    There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

    The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

  3. #4683
    Angel of Code Niya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,002

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    vaxbies
    For some reason, up until now, I've been reading this as vax-babies the whole time I lurked this thread. It always made me laugh because of how funny it sounded in my head lol.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

    Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

    C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

    There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

    The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

  4. #4684
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Central Europe
    Posts
    1,338

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Here's a little link to keep the spririts HIGH in this thread:
    https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.jnatprod.1c00946

  5. #4685
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Central Europe
    Posts
    1,338

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    In regards to fate and life aso. I do strongly think that we do have a lot of effect on how well or bad our life turns out. not necessarily by decisions that we make but rather by how we accept and see the things that happen to us. I do believe that we are more of a leaf in the wind rather than having control about things that happen in our lives. There might be terrible events happening to you but if you still manage to see the good things that are and the good things that may come out of the bad experiences, your life will turn out right. There is the saying “In the end everything is good. And if it’s not good, it is not yet the end”. If you experience miserable things and you can’t get out of the miserable feelings these things create in you, your life will be miserable and more miserable things will happen. There are always more sides to a thing than only one, you must learn to see these.
    Last edited by digitalShaman; Jan 14th, 2022 at 01:20 PM.

  6. #4686
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    23,033

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Gosh.

    In the early pages this thread seemed more about becoming informed and staying safe and getting each other through this thing. Weird place we have come to.

  7. #4687
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    36,902

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    Errr. You're kind of right here. Nothing you say here is false but I think it's very important to acknowledge that you yourself can take actions to give yourself choices that wouldn't have just been presented to you otherwise. Using your example of the your choice of where to get educated. Let's say someone was presented with a choice of going to some arbitrary University but they actually want to go to something like Yale. I believe it is entirely possible for this person to take a series of actions that will open up that choice for them. The only issue is are they willing to do what is necessary to obtain the outcome they want. This is essentially what I mean when I say we are solely responsible for what happens in our lives. We can have whatever we want as long as we are willing to do what it takes. I do not believe that a man cannot control his fate. He can if he has the grit to go after what he wants with unparalleled tenacity.
    Ok, good point. If your goal is X, and you are willing to do what it takes to achieve X, then you can get there. In the case of Yale, though, I doubt there is anything any one person can do to guarantee that outcome without connecting with a bunch of other people and leveraging those connections. Grades alone won't get you in there. Money, alone, probably won't either. Both would help, but neither is sufficient on their own. I have one uncle who went there, though (or possibly two, I can't remember), so I might have been able to try to leverage the legacy connection, which was always important for ivy league schools. So, who you are born to can help with THAT particular goal more effectively than hard work or money. Inheritance is alive and well in the US. By the way, I seem to remember reading in the last decade, or so, that legacy acceptance is in decline at ivy league schools. Of course, what happened in the last decade or so doesn't make much difference to me, since college was a long time further back.

    For that goal, like so many, the connections you make are the key to the goal. You do have a considerable amount of influence on the connections you make, therefore you have considerable influence on the outcomes you achieve, but it's not through hard work. When you get right down to it, the harder I've had to work on a job (based on calories burned), the less I've been paid. I worked for two summers on a golf course (it was utterly hilarious, almost like CaddyShack levels....but that's a different story). That was mighty hard work many days, but I've never been paid less.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  8. #4688
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    36,902

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalShaman View Post
    In regards to fate and life aso. I do strongly think that we do have a lot of effect on how well or bad our life turns out. not necessarily by decisions that we make but rather by how we accept and see the things that happen to us. I do believe that we are more of a leaf in the wind rather than having control about things that happen in our lives. There might be terrible events happening to you but if you still manage to see the good things that are and the good things that may come out of the bad experiences, your life will turn out right. There is the saying “In the end everything is good. And if it’s not good, it is not yet the end”. If you experience miserable things and you can’t get out of the miserable feelings these things create in you, your life will be miserable and more miserable things will happen. There are always more sides to a thing than only one, you must learn to see these.
    Since everything is perfect in being what it is, one may well burst out in laughter.

    Or something like that. It was a quote from somebody who was quoted by a friend of mine in our high school yearbook.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  9. #4689
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Central Europe
    Posts
    1,338

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    Gosh.

    In the early pages this thread seemed more about becoming informed and staying safe
    oh, it still is! haven't seen my link above? smoke more weed and you will be safe!

    Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    and getting each other through this thing.
    and especially this is still true for this thread. "This thing" we all try to get through is just not the original disease anymore.

  10. #4690
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    I'm not denying your point though. There are big differences in cultures that someone from another culture cannot speak to personally. But when you speak of the generality of human ignorance such as believing in gods, demons, voodoo, etc. , you can speak about 95% of the population. Because it is true
    If that's what you believe, then fair enough. I have no idea what motivates 95% of the world population. I definitely don't believe there's one single motivation, so I'll continue to be amazed when people make such statements.

  11. #4691
    Angel of Code Niya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,002

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalShaman View Post
    "This thing" we all try to get through is just not the original disease anymore.
    Yes....we have stumbled upon the real disease now.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

    Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

    C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

    There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

    The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

  12. #4692
    Angel of Code Niya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,002

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    I have no idea what motivates 95% of the world population.
    That's easy. It is self interest. Once you understand that, everything else falls into place.

    All the problems start because we allow people to convince us that they are not driven by this base desire. They don't advertise all those "wonderful" products to you every chance they get because they like you and want to help, they do it because it will make them rich. Self interest governs every facet of human behavior.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

    Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

    C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

    There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

    The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

  13. #4693
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,104

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    Catarrh? Tell me about that word. I like it. I feel like I have seen it before, but not well enough to be sure whether it was a real word or just a typo, so I looked it up. Very nice. Etymology for the win!

    Still, I'm not sure quite what you are complaining about. That isn't a COVID thing. Of course, it depends a whole lot on your work situation, but I would be taking a sick day if I had a catarrh (see, I used it). That would be for two reasons: 1) I wouldn't want to pass whatever on to anybody around me (and they wouldn't want me to, either), and 2) I have enough stuff to work on at home.

    I haven't had a good cold since before COVID showed up. One of the side effects of this pandemic thing is that I'm just not around sick people anymore, so I'm not catching anything.
    No, I'm not complaining about the day off. The next time I need one I'll be sure to sneeze a couple of times outside HR door.Suddenly it will open and...GET OUUUUTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!
    I've had days in the past that I was working with 38.5 fever so kicking me out for that was peculiar.

    Vax-babies. Lol .
    .

  14. #4694
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    36,902

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    A nice fever can be quite entertaining.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  15. #4695
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    That's easy. It is self interest. Once you understand that, everything else falls into place.

    All the problems start because we allow people to convince us that they are not driven by this base desire. They don't advertise all those "wonderful" products to you every chance they get because they like you and want to help, they do it because it will make them rich. Self interest governs every facet of human behavior.
    What a sad view of the world. I see kindness and selflessness in many people.

  16. #4696
    Angel of Code Niya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,002

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    What a sad view of the world.
    I prefer an ugly truth over a pretty lie.

    Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    I see kindness and selflessness in many people.
    Not enough people to make a meaningful difference.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

    Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

    C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

    There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

    The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

  17. #4697
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,685

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    Don't waste your time whinging on about the dark, malign, forces shaping the world.
    https://www.vbforums.com/showthread....=1#post5550854

  18. #4698
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    I prefer an ugly truth over a pretty lie.



    Not enough people to make a meaningful difference.
    No it seems you just prefer to believe people are ugly.

    Most of the people I've met are not consumed by selfishness. Most people to some degree genuinely care others. They do make a meaning difference.

  19. #4699
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,685

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    No it seems you just prefer to believe people are ugly.

    Most of the people I've met are not consumed by selfishness. Most people to some degree genuinely care others. They do make a meaning difference.
    How many of these people you've met are ruling the world?

  20. #4700
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo- View Post
    How many of these people you've met are ruling the world?
    That's a silly question. Niya sasid, "Self interest governs every facet of human behavior." So what does "ruling the world" have to do with anything. There are 8 billion people on this world. Are they all evil selfish bastards? Are you?

  21. #4701
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,685

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    That's a silly question. Niya sasid, "Self interest governs every facet of human behavior." So what does "ruling the world" have to do with anything. There are 8 billion people on this world. Are they all evil selfish bastards? Are you?
    Ah, sorry, I was not following the conversation, just answered to that message thinking that was related to the far context we were discussing in earlier messages.

    About your question, if you really want me to enter this topic... it is somewhat hard to explain without going into really deep stuff (biblical).

    But it is more or less like this: people, or at least most people, are not inherently bad. Most people want to be good and do good, and there are lot of people that care for others and so (like you said).
    But nature is ruined, and environment (mostly "the world", things we are also talking about here) have also a negative impact on people. So, let's say that in general people have a lot of problems.

    That's more or less an approximation to what I think.

    But I don't want to interrupt.

  22. #4702
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,685

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    YOU are shaping the world, so long as you lean into it.
    Are you a solipsist?

  23. #4703
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,685

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Are you also shaping us?
    Why don't you make us to leave all these "conspiracy theories" if you can shape the reality to whatever you want?

    And this "stuff" is already happening without the Metaverse, so just imagine what that's gonna be.

  24. #4704
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    36,902

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    I'm sloppy, does that count?
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  25. #4705
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    36,902

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo- View Post
    Are you also shaping us?
    Yes, but I'm one of many. My contribution is pretty minor, but hopefully not utterly insignificant.
    Why don't you make us to leave all these "conspiracy theories" if you can shape the reality to whatever you want?
    It's not some magic, snap your fingers and make it so, kind of shaping. It's just that the world we live in is shaped by the actions of all the people in it. If enough people feel it is selfish, then it will become selfish. If enough people fear and distrust, then that will be the world we live in. It doesn't happen over night, but it does happen over time. We can tear down faster than we can build up, so we need to work more on the building up unless you prefer to live in the rubble.

    And this "stuff" is already happening without the Metaverse, so just imagine what that's gonna be.
    Don't need to. The Metaverse was largely a construct popularized in a book by Neal Stephenson called Snow Crash. I read that several years ago. As some people in the media have pointed out, the book is a dystopian novel, but people like Zuckerberg saw that and said, "yeah, that sounds cool, let's do that." Technically, the Metaverse part of the book isn't the dystopian part of the book. The Metaverse is kind of the place where people went to escape from the real world. It would be more like if we made The Matrix as a way to escape from the misery that we were experiencing in the real world.

    One thing to note about the dystopian parts that people want to escape from, whether it is the real world of Snow Crash, or the real world of The Matrix, is that they are all very urban and industrial. We pretty much know what we do NOT like.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  26. #4706
    Angel of Code Niya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,002

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    No it seems you just prefer to believe people are ugly.

    Most of the people I've met are not consumed by selfishness. Most people to some degree genuinely care others. They do make a meaning difference.
    If you get a flat tire, most people you meet will be willing to help you rather than rob you. If you ask a stranger for directions, he is more likely to help you than to ignore you. If you're a dollar short while at the cashier, most likely one of the other people in the line will contribute that dollar.

    However, don't let any of this fool you into thinking that people are not self serving at their core. The reason you tend to receive kind gestures from others in common situations is because it costs nothing to do them but has the potential to pay off far more than it costs. It doesn't cost much to help a dude change a tire but if that dude turns out to be the owner of a business you're going to apply to for a job then that no cost act could bear enormous fruit. So even altruism is self-serving on some level. You watch someone else's back because you want them to watch your back, you don't watch their back simply because it's the right thing to do. Humans are not this selfless.

    If you want a good idea of how I view human beings, check out a movie called Circle. This movie perfectly shows exactly how I see most people. They are good until being good becomes too costly.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

    Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

    C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

    There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

    The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

  27. #4707
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,685

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    Yes, but I'm one of many. My contribution is pretty minor, but hopefully not utterly insignificant.
    It seems to me that you don't realize the different between changing the world (shaping) and discovering first how it is now.

    We are also "shaping the world", but first we need to find out how it is now (the raw material).

    So, in that sense that you said now, we are doing the same thing.
    The difference seems to be that you seems to think that you can also shape the "raw material" (the current reality) with your mind.

    I think you are a bit deranged (*), BTW.

    (*) or whatever is the right word in English for a person not mentally sound.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    Don't need to. The Metaverse was largely a construct popularized in a book by Neal Stephenson
    I think you are disinformed (like with everything else).
    Metaverse is a real plan now. They are just using that name.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gElfIo6uw4g

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49t0SEOVvyI

    (I didn't watch those videos, I hope they are similar to other ones I already watched).

  28. #4708
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    It doesn't cost much to help a dude change a tire but if that dude turns out to be the owner of a business you're going to apply to for a job then that no cost act could bear enormous fruit. So even altruism is self-serving on some level.
    So the reason someone helps you change a tire is they hope to benefit from it. There's no such thing of helping someone just because they need help. Must suck to be you.

    I was just at the grocery store, I wanted a dozen eggs but could reach them. I asked a lady standing next to me if she would grab the eggs for me. She smiled and said sure, grabbed the eggs and even opened the pact to make sure none were cracked. I said thank and then we proceeded to talk about eggs and chickens for a couple of minutes. I doubt she thought she would benefit from helping me, she was just a nice and friendly person.

    This is a very common type of encounter for me. I don't think she would take a bullet for me nor would I expect her to.

  29. #4709
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    https://www.bitchute.com/video/7tBpLFnO11xx/

    watching this series now. at ep3 the one I linked is about that big caravan with people from mexico walking toward USA.
    it was all fake. and its shown in this video.
    its not covid, but it show how much can we trust media?

  30. #4710
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,685

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by baka View Post
    https://www.bitchute.com/video/7tBpLFnO11xx/

    watching this series now. at ep3 the one I linked is about that big caravan with people from mexico walking toward USA.
    it was all fake. and its shown in this video.
    its not covid, but it show how much can we trust media?
    I found those videos some time ago.

    Alien invasion?

    Where are we going baka?

    Name:  Sin título.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  15.3 KB

  31. #4711
    Angel of Code Niya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,002

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Let me address this too:-
    Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    They do make a meaning difference.
    Famine:-


    Wars:-


    Child Soldiers:-


    ISIS sex slaves:-


    More famine:-






    More wars:-




    Tell the millions of people around the world who's daily lives are represented in one of more of these images about how much difference good people are making. It doesn't amount to a flea on a dog's ass.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

    Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

    C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

    There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

    The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

  32. #4712
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,685

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo- View Post
    I think you are a bit deranged (*), BTW.

    (*) or whatever is the right word in English for a person not mentally sound.
    It is not to insult you. I really think that someone that is not able to differentiate reality from a mental construct have big issues.

    IDK how to help, and IDK if you want any help either.
    Most crazy people think they are OK.

    I am OK...

  33. #4713
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    "alien" is immigrants. not really space aliens.

  34. #4714
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,685

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by baka View Post
    "alien" is immigrants. not really space aliens.
    OK, I'll have to give it another look, but I think when I did a couple of months ago I saw something about aliens or reptilian conspiracy or something like that and I quit watching (not sure now).

  35. #4715
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    yeah. first ep was a bit odd
    but ep 2 made sense. and ep 3 was about manipulating with "pre planned" situations to control people. create polarization.
    I think it will be one of those series that will mess with you.
    this can not be real, most be fake, another conspiracy. and sometimes, well this is interesting, omg what is this?

    but I will give it a try anyway, since there where some interesting things she said.
    will of course not just believe in everything, I will do my own judgment about it.

    ep 1 is at the bottom of the list
    its a 10 part series, after that its the sequel, a 20 part series, also found in stopworldcontrol (that is why Im watching it, since I saw it there, but I wanted to watch the first 10 episodes first before watching the sequel)
    Last edited by baka; Jan 14th, 2022 at 06:48 PM.

  36. #4716
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Tell the millions of people around the world who's daily lives are represented in one of more of these images about how much difference good people are making. It doesn't amount to a flea on a dog's ass.
    Certainly you know of the UN World Food Program, Red Cross, Doctors without Border and on and on. I don't know the exact number of people these humanitarian organizations help but the WFP alone helps close to 100million. Add in local charities, food banks, churches... it has to add up 100's of millions of people lives are made better. There are a lot more that need help. We have so much more that needs to be achieved as humans. But for some reason you want to claim they don't make a difference. I disagree.

  37. #4717
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,685

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by baka View Post
    yeah. first ep was a bit odd
    but ep 2 made sense. and ep 3 was about manipulating with "pre planned" situations to control people. create polarization.
    I think it will be one of those series that will mess with you.
    this can not be real, most be fake, another conspiracy. and sometimes, well this is interesting, omg what is this?

    but I will give it a try anyway, since there where some interesting things she said.
    will of course not just believe in everything, I will do my own judgment about it.

    ep 1 is at the bottom of the list
    its a 10 part series, after that its the sequel, a 20 part series, also found in stopworldcontrol (that is why Im watching it, since I saw it there, but I wanted to watch the first 10 episodes first before watching the sequel)
    OK, I bookmarket it, thanks. I'm not sure if I'll have time to watch it in the next days, but I'll do when I can.

  38. #4718
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    36,902

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo- View Post
    I think you are a bit deranged (*), BTW.

    (*) or whatever is the right word in English for a person not mentally sound.
    That's fine, I feel the same of you.

    I think you are disinformed (like with everything else).
    Metaverse is a real plan now. They are just using that name.
    Nope, it's on you. Those videos are about current stuff. Snow Crash was published in 1992. If you can find some evidence that the book is NOT what Zuckerberg (and others) based the Metaverse concept on, I'd be interested in seeing that, since it has been reported that the book IS the inspiration for the Metaverse.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  39. #4719
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,685

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    That's fine, I feel the same of you.
    As I said, that was not to insult you.

    Someone that is not able to differentiate reality from a mental construct is in trouble. You should seek for help IMO.

  40. #4720
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,685

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    It is harder "to shape the world" to whatever you want with us, because we are writing here and can write things that are not according to what you want to shape, but it is very easy to do it regarding billionaires, because if you want "to shape" that they are all very nice people, they do nothing but good to humanity, none of them will come here to say anything. In first place because they don't know about this discussion, in second place because even if they knew, they don't care, and in third place, because if they came here to say something, they would say: you are right, we are all very nice people.

    So, you are not really shaping anything, you are simply fooling yourself.

Page 118 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1868108115116117118119120121 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width