Page 52 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2424950515253545562102 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,080 of 5445

Thread: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    I think I'm entitled to my opinion,
    Nope, we sold off the rights to your opinion and bought pizza with the proceeds....not very much, either, didn't even make for a good lunch.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    Many US States have a hard core of maybe 20% refuseniks yet only have about 30% fully vaccinated with May just around the corner. This is almost entirely due to supply constraints..
    I'm not sure about that. I'd guess there's considerable variation across this country. You've convinced me that the situation you are dealing with in MI is considerably different from the situation in ID. There are some similarities, but plenty of notable differences. For this state, I suspect that the full vaccination numbers are kind of a quirk of the calendar, at this particular moment. We had a staid and reasonably well thought out, if overly conservative, rollout plan. The supply quickly outstripped demand, so the carefully crafted plan that opened vaccination to new, generally small, groups each week got tossed in the trash and was replaced with a scattered, barely publicized, far faster rollout plan. I was watching the plan every couple days, yet by the time I got my first dose, the best information I could find was that I wasn't eligible for another week. I thought that Wal-Mart had just said, "screw it, let's vaccinate everybody." As it turns out, they were following a plan that I couldn't find on any state site, at the time, but which was subsequently publicized. I still don't know when it went into effect.

However, because of that, a whole load of people didn't know they were eligible, yet, and a large group got the first dose and will be soon getting the second dose. We just haven't been far enough since eligibility opened up for then to have had a shot at two doses. Supply hasn't been an issue in this state, eligibility and knowing about eligibility has. They were planning for a supply crunch, and ended up with a supply surplus that caused eligibility to go kind of haywire.

Meanwhile, over in WA, my sister, who is older than me, only became eligible for the vaccine last Friday. She has no chance of being fully vaccinated without cheating the system by some means. I don't know if they have a supply crunch, or if something else is driving their, rather late, eligibility.

PowerPoster

Biden officials rebuff appeals to surge Covid-19 vaccine to Michigan amid growing crisis

Amid Michigan’s worst-in-the-nation coronavirus surge, scientists and public health officials are urging the Biden administration to flood the state with additional vaccine doses.

So far, though, their plea has fallen on deaf ears.
    So much for following the science, listening to the experts, etc.

King of sapila

Here we go.
    Up to ages of 30 years old, heart issues with vaccines in Israel started to immerse.
    https://www.reuters.com/world/middle...ot-2021-04-25/
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

Here we go? Tens of cases out of millions of doses. What's the rate normally? Most issues have a rate that high just to have a name.

King of sapila

Tens of case they showed up.
    More to come unfortunately.
    And I suppose a vaccine given heart inflammation to 30yearers is normal. Like, "Yo dude, I just got this great vaccine that ,,,blew my heart!" (bad attempt on a pun there )
    Hope this won't turn to a roller coaster.
    But some cases here, some cases there, they add up in a very sort time.
    Unfortunately, but they add up.
    Another question is why they vaccinated 30yearers. Even if the chance of your heart to explode is slim, it's still greater than death by covid that in those ages is 0,00000001 give or take.

P.S. I'm joking about the explosion, but it would resemble....THIS!
    Last edited by sapator; Apr 26th, 2021 at 11:12 PM.

PowerPoster

Not much to that story except the headline. A few people that got vaccinated have inflammation. They're not sure if it's related or even above normal. Your gonna have to work a little harder to prove the vaccine is more dangerous than the virus. Plus there is the fact that one person can infect many people. You might need to work on your math, the odds of dying from COVID, well if your interested, are @ 972/million in Greece. I'm sure you think that a lie but are all the countries in the world also lying.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Oh no, the "to be fair" police are here
    I realised I'd done that just after posting the second thread and even thought about changing it. "To be fair" is a habit of mine and I do it far more often in every day speech than I do when writing/typing. I'm going to try and be less fair in future.

I think I'm entitled to my opinion
    Absolutely you are and people are entitled to agree or disagree. Unfortunately, with an emotional subject like this, disagreement can end up coming across as personal attack but it's not meant that way.

With this virus there isn't a "right" position, just a least damaging one. The virus could kill you but lockdowns crush businesses, curtail the flow of our lives and can cause all sorts of side effects and anxiety issues... pick your poison. I think you've picked the wrong choice but that doesn't mean I think you're stupid, ignorant or any of the other things these disagreements can come across as.

Hopefully aid from other countries will arrive soon.
    I've seen news reports that both the US and UK are sending over large amounts of aid. I haven't heard anything from the EU but I imagine they're going to send over a lot of help too (it's something they tend to be good at). We're behind the curve but help is on the way. Sadly, acting too late has been a theme in this virus.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

never mind...
    Last edited by TysonLPrice; Apr 27th, 2021 at 05:19 AM.
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    Tens of case they showed up.
    More to come unfortunately.
    I'm not sure that they will. Both Pfizer and Moderna are using mRNA vaccines. So, if they are causing this, then what is doing it? It seems like you have four options:

1) The delivery mechanism (the mRNA is wrapped in lipid bubbles such that it can reach the cells without being degraded).
    2) The mRNA.
    3) The resulting protein.
    4) Something in the solution.

The second one seems pretty improbable. After all, you are generating vast amounts of mRNA all the time in every cell. It's not terribly stable. It's made up of stuff that you are loaded with (the four building blocks have to be abundant in your cells already, since you ARE creating mRNA constantly.

The third is more interesting. That protein is the spike protein. If that's causing a problem, then the virus can cause problems without even infecting you, because the virus is covered with that stuff.

The fourth could be dispensed with, if it could be identified, since alternatives could be found.

As to the first, not much to say about that, but it seems pretty unlikely, since it assumes that it gets all through your body, which doesn't seem like the way it works. The injection is into a muscle, not the bloodstream, and it wouldn't float around looking for a cell to merge with, or at least wouldn't do that for long.

So, if the incidence gets above the background rate of the same thing, and if it's shown to be related to the vaccine, then there's something to learn here. Still, it isn't clear that either of the first two will happen.

PowerPoster

I thought the standard comeback for "to be fair" was affirmation: "well, that's mighty white of you."

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    I'm not sure that they will. Both Pfizer and Moderna are using mRNA vaccines. So, if they are causing this, then what is doing it? It seems like you have four options:

1) The delivery mechanism (the mRNA is wrapped in lipid bubbles such that it can reach the cells without being degraded).
    2) The mRNA.
    3) The resulting protein.
    4) Something in the solution.

The second one seems pretty improbable. After all, you are generating vast amounts of mRNA all the time in every cell. It's not terribly stable. It's made up of stuff that you are loaded with (the four building blocks have to be abundant in your cells already, since you ARE creating mRNA constantly.

The third is more interesting. That protein is the spike protein. If that's causing a problem, then the virus can cause problems without even infecting you, because the virus is covered with that stuff.

The fourth could be dispensed with, if it could be identified, since alternatives could be found.

As to the first, not much to say about that, but it seems pretty unlikely, since it assumes that it gets all through your body, which doesn't seem like the way it works. The injection is into a muscle, not the bloodstream, and it wouldn't float around looking for a cell to merge with, or at least wouldn't do that for long.

So, if the incidence gets above the background rate of the same thing, and if it's shown to be related to the vaccine, then there's something to learn here. Still, it isn't clear that either of the first two will happen.
    It could also be hormonal... or something else isolated to a specific group of people. That's what happened with the J&J vaccine. 6 cases out of millions of cases showed a particular side effect. From what I've been able to gather, it seems to be isolated to a specific age group, to a specific group of people. And even within the general population that fits that demographic, the rate of occurrence is still low. It's possible that they will find something similar here. Fine, switch to one of the others that isn't experiencing problems. It isn't the first time that a medication has been know to show adverse effects due to a genetic incompatibility. Sickle cell anemia has been the source of problems in delivering certain types of drugs in the past as well. Certain groups of people are predispositioned to it more than others. That doesn't mean the drugs are less effective or don't work, it just means that for certain people and alternative needs to be found.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

PowerPoster

Many countries do not have vaccines, and we have almost no patients in China, so many people are reluctant to get vaccinated.We now have no limited supply of vaccines, and almost everyone can be vaccinated.

Now the most serious thing is that India has all kinds of rallies. I don't know, tens of millions of yuan.

PowerPoster

The president of the United States and the Prime Minister of India often ignore the lives of the people and eventually step down, for them, it is just a loss of a job.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaoyao View Post
    Many countries do not have vaccines, and we have almost no patients in China, so many people are reluctant to get vaccinated.We now have no limited supply of vaccines, and almost everyone can be vaccinated.
    Yeah, China was able to suppress the virus pretty effectively, but they did so with measures that aren't available to most of the other countries in the world. In the US, people objected to being told to do ANYTHING, and the government has limited power to enforce lockdowns. Even when we had things we called lockdowns, they were largely voluntary.
    Now the most serious thing is that India has all kinds of rallies.
    Yeah, religious gatherings and political gatherings. Both were well attended and held in total disregard of the virus. They thought they had it beaten, just as China does. Now they're scrambling, because they found out they were wrong.

The president of the United States and the Prime Minister of India often ignore the lives of the people and eventually step down, for them, it is just a loss of a job.
    They don't ignore much of anything. They're elected officials. If they do things that antagonize a significant percentage of the population, they lose their jobs. Focusing on deaths to the exclusion of public opinion just won't work for them, even if it is a viable strategy during a pandemic.

PowerPoster

India's doctor is rescued, I hope to have more oxygen, but they are seriously refused to help China. They learn from the US to ban China's application app. I have always used China as a false enemy, but they fell backwards than China 50 to 80 years.

South Korea and Japan learn from China's way, so it is controlled in a few months.

India, Britain, the United States, France, Spain these countries are very serious, the most important thing is not enough attention to the lives of the people like ants.

In China, we call them capitalist societies.Just like if they produce milk, if the price is too low, they would rather dump it to keep the price higher.

PowerPoster

I had a simple understanding of a German's media video yesterday.The German population is scattered, but the state still attaches great importance to traffic, as far as possible to give them access to the high-speed rail, as well as unlimited speed highways.

It's like China wants to, ah, become richer, and the state, ah, gives us free cement roads, asphalt roads. It's been more than a decade.Universal broadband. In this way, the network information is developed, the speed of commodity circulation is fast, so the production of masks, masks, and the export of many small commodities are very rapid.Therefore, most of the situation in China can be achieved, their own production and internal sales, without the U.S. market, we have no impact.

In India, their railways are still at the level of the '60s and' 70s.China is now building a high-speed rail that is more advanced than the Indian railway by a factor of one thousand and one hundred, and a light rail.

In the slums of India. There are also some countries, such as Ethiopia and Ganguo, where the roads connecting the capital are all, ah, there is no decent road in the mud marshes.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    I saw the perfect response to anti-vaxxers the other day... I wish I had saved it. Rather than trying to convince them they are wrong... embrace the conspiracy and turn into the skid... use their own bad logic against them. For example, if the reason to not get the vaccine is because of tracking nano bots... well then.... simply tell them that if they hold a magnet over the injection site for 5 minutes, it will collect the nanobots and render them useless (they are made of metal, right)... BUT, it only works if they wait until after an hour after their shot. And if they ask why can't they do immediately, it's because the bots aren't active immediately, otherwise it sets off the anti-theft alarms at pharmacies, so they built-in a power up delay. Once that kicks in, then the magnet trick will work. How do you know it worked? Your arm will be sore the next day.

Embrace the suck and turn into the skid.

-tg
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    They don't ignore much of anything. They're elected officials. If they do things that antagonize a significant percentage of the population, they lose their jobs. Focusing on deaths to the exclusion of public opinion just won't work for them, even if it is a viable strategy during a pandemic.
    Like the United States, what presidential election, ah, India is also to vote, in fact, many of our village cadres are to vote, in fact, is to spend money to buy votes are all fake.

PowerPoster

When we started at the beginning of China, he only found ten to one hundred convenience, and then a few days ago. In this way, he also turned from one hundred thousand people, an increase of one thousand times of viral infection. However, the proportion of the infection in our nationwide is only one percent. The United States may have reached a thousand thousands.India's new infection rate may have reached 5,000 out of 10,000.It may end up infecting almost everyone in India.

PowerPoster

Preventives, vaccines, and therapies are the 3 prongs of attack.

The most effective preventive is travel restriction. After that comes hand washing, masks, social distancing, etc. Therapies are mainly things you can do for those infected and can have a benefit for others by reducing transmission.

Some countries have done well through preventive measures, others... not so much. Part of this is cultural, in particular subcultures such as the "post high school adolescence" culture we have in the US. Part of it may stem from the limits placed on different political systems which forces more reliance on individual good sense (sadly, lacking).

But I still suspect that preventives are more of a "riding the storm out" strategy until the clouds break and vaccination can be deployed.

If everyone had done this the virus would probably run out of steam without vaccines due to a lack of "dry fuel" to feed on. But we didn't, so it hasn't. Has it worked in China or has China become a giant pile of dry tinder like India has? When the bough breaks the baby will fall?

PowerPoster

Just like the Second World War of Japan aggression China, the ends of the end of the end, all the women made a shellflow at home, manufactured clothes or to the factory to produce aircraft ship. If the country cuts the lives as cabbage or trees, they are cold blood, just like a gambler, do not pay all the money, he will not go.

PowerPoster

I saw the perfect response to anti-vaxxers the other Has it worked in China or has China become a giant pile of dry tinder like India has? When the bough breaks the baby will fall?
    In fact, in more affluent countries, even infection with COVID-19 is not a big problem, because the disease can still be treated, but the cost is more expensive.
    But for a poor country like India, that would be devastating. It is possible that the economy will go back ten to twenty years.

It's like driving a car and accidentally killing someone., a person will pay a little money to finish, just like, alas, carelessly lost Thousands of dollars.

But for poor families, they may not be able to pay that compensation in their lifetime.
    Their children may not be able to go to school.

PowerPoster

When the plague started to infection, the city of millions of people in China was only infected with Er. I have never seen a infected person. It's just that the voice of the people cough is more serious.

When the Chinese began the blockade, all the villages were manned, guarded and strictly forbidden to move among themselves, not even allowed to visit each other for Christmas.

There may be 30 intersections in a district of our town, all of which are locked to him, arranged for registration, and can only buy vegetables once in three days.

One day I thought that the countryside went to buy a dish, almost returned. In fact, those selling vegetables have long been not allowed to go out. The rural areas are also blocked, and the vegetable market is only supermarket, the price is more expensive.

PowerPoster

I'm going to try and be less fair in future.
    Fair enough.

PowerPoster

Because there is no vaccine at the beginning, then this treatment cost is also very expensive, and people are also guilty. Infection is also very serious. If a company has only dozens of employees, one or two people infected, maybe the entire company's business can continue.

During the months that the city was locked down. The restaurant is almost out of business. The whole Chinese economy has been greatly affected in half a year, but fortunately all of us are alive. Although the income has been reduced, at least we have no other extra burdens.

At the beginning, China lost the war in Iraq for peace or to rob other countries of their wealth, which has affected more than 100 countries and regions, and China has already infected more than 240,000 machines. It's scary to see these things that look like tumors, that look like novel coronavirus infection maps.
    After seeing one of my old replies mangled in with another reply I just had mangle some other replies as well.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

PowerPoster

In fact, the effect of the vaccine is less than half. Many others may have expired or have no effect at all. Some of them. The side effects are powerful.

Many countries think they have a vaccine, a respirator mask, and then they don't care, no matter what, every civilian who dies is the government's crime.

The most frightening thing is that the virus often mutates, just like the computer blackmailer virus. And bitcoins. What the ****? Lettercoins?These things have seriously bankrupted the real banks in many countries.In the future, if someone kidnaps your children, the children of rich people or the chairman of the board, they can pay through the dark web Bitcoin.Kidnappers, ah, receive time checks can not be done, and the regulatory state can not do anything.

There have been hundreds of TV series about zombies, and various Ebola viruses, etc., the problem is to actually fall in this disaster, and they simply do not have a TV. It is just entertainment.

In China, we have only a small number of two or three TV series about the story of the virus infection.

If the next virus spreads to the United States, and the United Kingdom, they will do the same.Because the cold-blooded attitude of capitalism doomed them not to pay attention to it.

There were several epidemics in Spain and France, which killed tens of millions of people.They're the same this time. The idea that the government does not care whether the people are dead or alive will never change.

Just like the United States will continue to do world inspection, instead it will publicize its hegemony in the world, provoke wars, and provide weapons to both sides of the war to achieve the goal of earning more dollars.

Bigger world catastrophes, such as the explosion of the US and Russian nuclear arsenals, have yet to occur.And the spread of the Ebola virus around the world. Rapidly killing between ten and fifty percent of the world's population.The whole world is exploiting oil and coal, which will eventually lead to tsunamis, earthquakes and other major disasters, and the earth's climate will become long-term drought or continuous heavy rain for several months.

King of sapila

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post

Absolutely you are and people are entitled to agree or disagree. Unfortunately, with an emotional subject like this, disagreement can end up coming across as personal attack but it's not meant that way.
    If that quote was for me, you know that I don't feel any personal attack from you.

PowerPoster

Avirus with computer virus. He is like a newzigni pneumonia virus. Because many of the time you are not rescued. You are infected, just an ordinary person will pay tens of thousands of dollars. If the company data is encrypted, it may be necessary to pay a few million to a few billion。 A lot of Fortune 500 companies are being held for ransom.

Did we have a choice when the Second World War broke out? I just hope. The people of many countries around the world have become slaves and their property has been stolen.War, pestilence, computer viruses. There are also various adverse atmospheric environmental changes.The catastrophe of mankind has only just begun.

I saw bodies burning all over India. Like the global spread of the blackmailer virus, the entire map of the world looks like, AH, a body full of cancer.

PowerPoster

China's *******, Taobao, Tmall Mall, should be like Amazon's well-known company. But they also monopolize. Jingdong Mall and Tmall Malls set an obstacle to each other. If you open a store in this company, you can't open the store on another network platform. Otherwise, you will have downside you on the surface or background.

Tesla has a problem with their brake system, which has caused a lot of deaths in China.But they refused to pay a penny, and a refund of one or three was even less likely.Because once they admit their mistakes, they will bear hundreds of times the losses.So he would rather be a robber and a hooligan to the end, and he would never say sorry.

Capital is evil, whether it is Microsoft, apple or Qualcomm, many times they use their monopoly position to entrap other countries and companies.

What kind of president, ah, alas, what kind of national army has finally become a war robot.

PowerPoster

The death toll in India is about 200 thousand, while that in China is only about four thousand.

The number of infected people in India is 20 million, and only 100 thousand in China.

India is adding about 400,000 a day.
    Anyway, this is already a new world war.I thought it would be over soon, but it's estimated that it will take another year and a half.It may not be until next summer that the new epidemic can be basically controlled.The whole world doesn't take it seriously, and it goes on like a computer blackmailer virus. I can never control it.

PowerPoster

I've got to stop wasting my time trying to figure these post out. The only thing I get out of it is, China is great, every other country, is terrible and trying to do harm to China. Maybe not every country, haven't heard North Korea or Russia mentioned. Most of the statements don't even make sense. Hopefully it's the translators fault.

King of sapila

It's the Chinese Yodamarket or Moti, we have establish that a couple of pages ago

PowerPoster

I saw the perfect response to anti-vaxxers the other day... I wish I had saved it. Rather than trying to convince them they are wrong... embrace the conspiracy and turn into the skid... use their own bad logic against them. For example, if the reason to not get the vaccine is because of tracking nano bots... well then.... simply tell them that if they hold a magnet over the injection site for 5 minutes, it will collect the nanobots and render them useless (they are made of metal, right)... BUT, it only works if they wait until after an hour after their shot. And if they ask why can't they do immediately, it's because the bots aren't active immediately, otherwise it sets off the anti-theft alarms at pharmacies, so they built-in a power up delay. Once that kicks in, then the magnet trick will work. How do you know it worked? Your arm will be sore the next day.

Embrace the suck and turn into the skid.

-tg
    Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    I've got to stop wasting my time trying to figure these post out. The only thing I get out of it is, China is great, every other country, is terrible and trying to do harm to China. Maybe not every country, haven't heard North Korea or Russia mentioned. Most of the statements don't even make sense. Hopefully it's the translators fault.
    In fact, the main sentence is that small countries are also terrible. It was just like a small infectious disease, but as a result, disasters occurred all over the world, killing millions of people.

It is like a small grounding of the Suez Canal, causing tens of billions of dollars of damage to the world.

India, the UK, the US, they are one of the superpowers for sure anyway.A country with a large population or the most wealth in the world. If we do not deal with these things, it will be a disaster for the world.

There are many fake commodities in China, and many software in China are pirated. Just like many pharmaceutical products in India are pirated. No country is clean.

But many of the cheap goods produced in China do bring great benefits to the whole world. In fact, now, er, workers in China are demanding higher and higher wages. Like Foxconn's production of Apple cell phones, they may also have to move to other countries such as India.
    Italy, Germany, World War II. For the Chinese. Some injuries in other countries may not be well known.
    But the actual situation is like this, Japan is a small country, and then I followed him.In the past, Japan's memory ah, there are a lot of chip industry is very developed, the United States a crackdown can let their whole family wiped out.

PowerPoster

Replies are sort of hopeless anyway.

Run something like "Mary Had a Little Lamb" through Google Translate to Chinese and then back. It gets mangled and twisted and loses subtlety as well as picking up bizarre statements that don't exist in the original.

Machine translation can make attempts at conversation feel like trying to talk to a demented old homeless guy - on both sides.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    Replies are sort of hopeless anyway.

Run something like "Mary Had a Little Lamb" through Google Translate to Chinese and then back. It gets mangled and twisted and loses subtlety as well as picking up bizarre statements that don't exist in the original.

Machine translation can make attempts at conversation feel like trying to talk to a demented old homeless guy - on both sides.
    Thanks for the info, I was starting to think maybe I'm the one that's demented. At least I got a home.

King of sapila

That is a classic Greece humor we do with English.
    Phrases like "You got weather for a coffee" aka, you want to go out?
    or "What is going on?" aka, What's up?
    or "My animals slow", aka Saying something irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    I still think, like someone suggested, that is some kind of sentence generation software...not a real person.
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

PowerPoster

"My animals slow", aka Saying something irrelevant.
    That's funny.

I still think, like someone suggested, that is some kind of sentence generation software...not a real person.
    Or maybe it's actually how this person speaks all the time. That would be interesting.

Page 52 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2424950515253545562102 ... LastLast