Thread: Name of the software that can package websites to install on smartphones ?

Fanatic Member

Name of the software that can package websites to install on smartphones ?

Suppose I have a website written in asp.net and the database is SQL Server, after I "Publish the web site" and I want to encode this code for smartphones (both android and Android operating systems) iphone) what software do I use? Note that I only packaged the code in "Publish web site" and the SQL Server data I still kept on the server (not packing the SQL Server data)

Re: Name of the software that can package websites to install on smartphones ?

Web sites run on web servers. They don't run on phones or other mobile devices. If you want a web site that can act like a local app on a phone then you're probably talking about a PWA (Progressive Web App). It's still a web site that runs on a web server but the OS interacts with it in such a way that it appears more like a local app and has some additional privileges. The alternative is to create a basic mobile app that simply displays your web site in an internal browser.

Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar

and I want to encode this code for smartphones (both android and Android operating systems) iphone) what software do I use?
    As JMC said you dont !!

A responsive web application can work automatically on a mobile phone if it is written correctly, ie it is written responsively and you dont use controls that dont work so well on mobiles.

What you can't do is turn your web site into a native mobile application, to create a native mobile application you have to use something like Xamarin in Visual Studio or React Mobile or Swift (for Apple only) etc, they then have the ability to turn your app into either an APK file for Android or a IPA file for IOS when built.
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

Fanatic Member

Thank you for reading the post and giving me advice, thank you so much