Thread: What's the difference between the directory and menu lists and the unordered list?

What's the difference between the directory and menu lists and the unordered list?

What's the difference between the directory and menu lists and the unordered list?

Re: What's the difference between the directory and menu lists and the unordered list

The ordered and unordered lists are easily the most commonly used, while the menu and directory lists don't often add much value to your Web pages. Definition lists, however, are unique because they allow you to have two different types of list items with the lists-a term and its definition.

Re: What's the difference between the directory and menu lists and the unordered list

the difference is in the matter of semantics, which can be of significant value to SEO (Search Engine Optimization). If something is marked as menu or directory lists, then it gets lesser attention than something of substance in a definition list or even an unordered list. This helps to reduce the noise your page produces and can increase the likelihood that your page will return better results in a search.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *