Thread: Can I ask questions related to MSBuild, Jenkins, build automation and CI?

Can I ask questions related to MSBuild, Jenkins, build automation and CI?

I might have a need to utilize Jenkins and automate some steps like building a Microsoft VS project, running unit tests on it, then maybe some database tasks, then if all well, run deployment on specific drive.

Since the apps I work on are of statistical nature, data integrity checks would do nicely, so I could use also Jenkins to run automated data checks, SQL scripts or Access to run macros, and then also I might use SAS studio to generate output tables and reports from the data in formats like Excel, CSV and HTML.

Can I use this forum for these topics mentioned here?

Re: Can I ask questions related to MSBuild, Jenkins, build automation and CI?

Those are all valid things to ask about on this site, it is just a matter of which forum to post the questions in.

In some cases the VB.Net forum might be appropriate, but for others the General Developer forum would probably be better.

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Re: Can I ask questions related to MSBuild, Jenkins, build automation and CI?

Application Deployment would also be a good home for a lot of those types of questions.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd