Thread: [RESOLVED] Change "Resolved" back to an open thread?

Lively Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] Change "Resolved" back to an open thread?

I marked one of my threads as resolved because while it was at least showing things it still isn't right. Is there a way to "re-open" a resolved thread?

Thank you in advance.

Re: Change "Resolved" back to an open thread?

This is not a VB.NET question so it doesn't belong in the VB.NET forum. Most sites like this have a forum dedicated to question about the site. I have asked the mods to move this thread to the Forum Feedback forum.

As for the question, using the Thread Tools menu to set a thread Resolved simply edits the title, so the answer is to edit the title back manually. Not sure whether you need a certain number of posts to be able to do that. If you ever want the mods to do something like that for you, just use the Report Post icon under a post. That's how I have sent a message to the mods about moving this thread.

Lively Member

Thanks! Couldn't find a way to edit the title so I'll just ask a moderator.

Lively Member

Request to a moderator

Is there a way you could change one of my threads from "Resolved" to just being open again?

The thread in question would be:

http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...xes-view-reset

Thank you!

Re: Request to a moderator

Nope, that's not it. Again, this is not a VB.NET question so it shouldn't be posted in the VB.NET forum. Either post in the Forum Feedback forum or else use the Report Post icon under a relevant post - probably the first - in the relevant thread. Now I'll use Report Post to ask the mods to delete this thread.

Re: [RESOLVED] Change "Resolved" back to an open thread?

Thread moved to 'Forum Feedback', which is where questions about site usage etc belong. I've also merged the two related threads.

I have edited the thread title as requested. I'm not sure if you have the ability to edit thread titles yourself yet, but if you do you just need to go to the first post in the thread and click on "Edit Post", then "Go Advanced" to be able to edit the post text and the thread title etc.

By the way, the "Report Post" icon under a post is the best way to contact moderators... it goes to a private forum that we tend to check as a priority, and whichever of us comes online next is likely to deal with it (although in some circumstances more complex than this, we might discuss things before a decision). Depending on the situation we might not let you know what has happened, eg: in a simple case like this, you might not be told that the title was edited.

Seems like years ago - members could reverse a resolved thread... Or I might have been dreaming.

Regular members can't edit thread titles.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcilhinney View Post
    If you ever want the mods to do something like that for you, just use the Report Post icon under a post.
    Took me ages to find the 'Report Post icon'. (Not that I wanted to use it, just never seen it)

For others with the same problem...
    It's a very small dark triangle containing an exclamation mark !
    Just to the right of '(Rate this post)' after the much larger Facebook etc icons at the bottom of the post.

Poppa.
    Along with the sunshine there has to be a little rain sometime.

PowerPoster

Regular members can't edit thread titles.
    if they are the thread starter?
    i do my best to test code works before i post it, but sometimes am unable to do so for some reason, and usually say so if this is the case.
    Note code snippets posted are just that and do not include error handling that is required in real world applications, but avoid On Error Resume Next

dim all variables as required as often i have done so elsewhere in my code but only posted the relevant part

come back and mark your original post as resolved if your problem is fixed
    pete

Quote Originally Posted by westconn1 View Post
    I was able to edit the first post in a thread in the Forum Test Area and change the thread title but I can't say for sure whether it's the same in other forums.

Quote Originally Posted by westconn1 View Post
    Go test the thread you just created here in Feedback.

PowerPoster

ok done that
    i do my best to test code works before i post it, but sometimes am unable to do so for some reason, and usually say so if this is the case.
    Note code snippets posted are just that and do not include error handling that is required in real world applications, but avoid On Error Resume Next

dim all variables as required as often i have done so elsewhere in my code but only posted the relevant part

come back and mark your original post as resolved if your problem is fixed
    pete