Thread: Error in a vb.net app

Error in a vb.net app

Hello there wondering what im missing here i get this error.
    Its not a problem in the source code cuz in another computer works well so im missing something.

https://imgur.com/zfnjXOb

Thanks in advance.

Frenzied Member

Re: Error in a vb.net app

Apparently either your connection string is wrong (or can't be found?) or the database it is trying to connect to doesn't exist. That also appeared to be only the stack trace rather than the actual error message.

Quote Originally Posted by topshot View Post
    Apparently either your connection string is wrong (or can't be found?) or the database it is trying to connect to doesn't exist. That also appeared to be only the stack trace rather than the actual error message.
    Thing is string is right cuz app is running perfect in my computer but when i test it on my laptop it doesnt work.

I cannot view that image from my current location. Post the connection string you are using.

Is the database located on the computer where the program works? If yes, where?

Quote Originally Posted by xmixmaster View Post
    Thing is string is right cuz app is running perfect in my computer but when i test it on my laptop it doesnt work.
    So what is the connection string and where is the SQL server running? If you are asking for help then please give as much information as possible - if somebody asks for further information it is because they want to help.

It would have been better to either attach the image directly to your post or simply include the error message as text - not everyone is willing to go to a 3rd party site to see a screenshot and text is a lot easier to read anyway.

Duplicate post, please delete
    Last edited by PlausiblyDamp; Aug 27th, 2019 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xmixmaster View Post
    Yeah, no. The fact that a connection string works on one machine is no guarantee that it will work on another. If everything you thought was right was actually right then you wouldn't have an issue in the first place. Assume that you don't know what's going on and provide all the relevant information, which means code, data and behaviour. As suggested, the actual error message would help, rather than just the stack trace. If you call ToString on an exception then you'll get the maximum information. I have to second the motion that you provide all the relevant information in the post itself too, not a vague description and a link to an image on an external site. Post text as text and provide screenshots as an adjunct if useful. Photos of your screen are about the worst idea possible.