Thread: How to print total page numbers of entire report when using subreports Crystal 8.5?

How to print total page numbers of entire report when using subreports Crystal 8.5?

I have seen a few threads on this topic and spent several days googling trying to find a solution, but with these legacy technologies finding relevant information has become increasingly difficult.

I would imagine this is/was a fairly common problem, and I am hoping there is a clean solution.

Basically, I am trying to incorporate several different reports into one report by using subreports.

The basic structure is:

1. Page Header (Logo)
    2. Details A - Subreport1
    3. Details B - Subreport2
    4. Details C - Subreport3
    5. Page Footer (Page 1 of X)

In the page footer section, I want it to print the current page number and the total number of pages (Page 1 of 8).

In the attached example PDF you can see that Subreport1 has 3 pages, Subreport2 has 2 pages, and Subreport3 has 3 pages. So a total of 8 pages.

I realize logically that crystal doesnt know how many pages each subreport has until its fed the data that populates the report, but as previously mentioned I feel like this has to be a common feature that would be desired when printing a report?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Name:  Image1.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  18.6 KB
    Name:  Image2.jpg
Views: 663
Size:  22.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images