Thread: HELP: Message Box with Random Positions

Exclamation HELP: Message Box with Random Positions

Hello and thank you for clicking!
    Right now, I am working on a simple code project.
    It is a spoof alert that creates a message box (the reason behind it is classified). So far, I have created these lines of code for a .vbs file:
    dim ti
    ti=timer
    Do
    WScript.Sleep 200
    x=msgbox("Message", 5+48, "Title")
    Loop while (timer-ti)<5*60 '20*60 seconds

This will create a message box that pops up every 2 seconds with two options, retry, and cancel for 5 minutes. But. the message boxes pop up in only one spot of the screen, making it possible to easily X them all out. Is it possible to add to the code and make the boxes pop up in random positions all over the screen? Any clue how to do that? Also, please share any ideas to make the message box more annoying? Thanks!

MODERATORS *cough* Shaggy Hiker *cough* READ THIS:
    JUST A NOTE, THIS IS NOT MEANT TO BE USED MALICIOUSLY, IT IS KIND OF LIKE ONE OF THOSE "I BROKE MY PHONE" FAKE APPS. THE WORST THAT CAN HAPPEN IS THAT THE COMPUTER HAS TO BE LOGGED OUT OF. THIS IS NOT "MALICIOUS SOFTWARE" UNLESS IT IS ABUSED AS SO. AND, THE CODE ENDS AFTER 5 MINUTES. THE BOXES CAN ALSO BE X'ED OUT ALL AT ONCE BY USING THE TASKBAR AT THE BOTTOM. SO PLEASE JUST LET ME GET THE ANSWER I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR AND DO NOT TAKE THIS DOWN AGAIN. THANKS!

Re: HELP: Message Box with Random Positions

That kind of code is malicious (even if you think it isn't too bad), and it is not acceptable to discuss malicious activities on this site.

Do not post about this kind of topic again.

Re: HELP: Message Box with Random Positions

Let me just add that I have written this kind of thing, myself. I had a program that was a simple button that ran away from the mouse, and I've written others even back into the time of DOS. That doesn't change anything. We aren't here to evaluate the intent of a person, and certainly could not be asked to do so for a person we have no experience with. This site has standards that make it the resource that it is. Sometimes that comes down to a judgement call, but we err on the side of not assisting with anything that could become malicious, regardless of the stated intent of the person who posed the question.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing