Thread: VB.NET MySQL Application Will Not Connect on Clients Windows 10 64-bit PC...

Lightbulb VB.NET MySQL Application Will Not Connect on Clients Windows 10 64-bit PC...

Hi,

I have built an application in VB.NET to connect to a MySQL database to check users registration, but here is the message that they keep getting each time that they try to run the application and check their registration on my website/domain where the MySQL database and server is located:

"Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts."

Here is the VB.NET code that I'm using to connect:

Code:
    MysqlConn.ConnectionString = "server=198.27.87.232;userid=MyUserID;password=MyPassword;database=aaronest_ekspdb"
    AND I HAVE TRIED:

Code:
    MysqlConn.ConnectionString = "Server=198.27.87.232;Port=3306;Database=aaronest_ekspdb;Uid=MyUserID;Pwd=MyPassword;"

But still, my client only see's the following message:
    "Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts."

The software will connect and run great on most of my clients computers, but for some reason, every now and then, some clients receive the message above.

I have also tried to unblock my clients ports on her Windows 10 firewall to no avail.

Would appreciate the support.

gibra

Re: VB.NET MySQL Application Will Not Connect on Clients Windows 10 64-bit PC...

check your connection string:
    https://www.connectionstrings.com/mysql/

Frenzied Member

Re: VB.NET MySQL Application Will Not Connect on Clients Windows 10 64-bit PC...

Dry disabling both the A/V and Windows firewall to see if it works then. Are these clients in the same building, all over the world, etc.???

First ping from the command terminal the IP 198.27.87.232 you have provided
    & check and also check whether the WIFI is connected, try disconnecting the WIFI
    The averted nuclear war
    My notes:

PrOtect your PC. MSDN Functions .OOP LINUX forum
    .LINQ LINQ videous
    If some one helps you please rate them with out fail , forum doesn't expects any thing other than this