Thread: Cursor Starting position

Hybrid View

Cursor Starting position

How can i make the mouse/cursor start at a specific part of the screen when i run an application? for ex: i want to make the cursor's position start on a button, so all the user has to do is click.

Re: Cursor Starting position

Assuming the button is called Button1 , you could use this code:
    Code:
    Button1.Select
    Another way is to open the form designer and alter the tab order of the controls, so that the control you want selected first has the lowest tab index.

If you set Focus to that Button then the user can just hit Enter to click it, regardless of the position of the mouse pointer. That's what si is talking about. If you really want to move the cursor then you would do something like this:
    vb.net Code:
    1. Private Sub Form1_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
    2.     Cursor.Position = PointToScreen(New Point(Button1.Left + Button1.Width \ 2,
    3.                                               Button1.Top + Button1.Height \ 2))
    4. End Sub
    That assumes that the Button is added directly to the form. If it is added to a Panel or other container, you would need to call PointToScreen on that container rather than the form.

It's also worth noting that you can assign a Button to the AcceptButton property of a form and then hitting Enter will click that Button even if it doesn't have focus, as long as the control that does have focus doesn't consume the keystroke, e.g. a multiline TextBox. You can do the same with the CancelButton property and the Escape key.

Ah yes, I managed to overlook the word mouse, so my post may not be what is wanted... but it may still be a good idea to do it as well as the mouse.