Thread: windows application form resolution and application date culture

windows application form resolution and application date culture

i need 3 important advises please

(1) form size independent of OS resolution, its become my night mare that some controls on the form goes missing or the form become wild..

(2) i need the user the date format must be in dd/MM/yy HH:mm format, where ever it's not application crashes or other thing happens.
    i need to make sure the application level date culture is free from the OS date format.

(3) i don't want my users to De-compile my assembly file, it must be protected

any help please
    The averted nuclear war
    My notes:

PrOtect your PC. MSDN Functions .OOP LINUX forum
    .LINQ LINQ videous
    If some one helps you please rate them with out fail , forum doesn't expects any thing other than this

Re: windows application form resolution and application date culture

Three unrelated questions should be asked in three separate threads.

Indeed they should... but here are some brief answers.

1. Set the Anchor or Dock properties of the controls, so that they move/size automatically with the form.

2. No you don't... in one way or another, your code is not correct. Without knowing details of the problems (and code involved) we can't give specific advice, but in simple terms your code should use DateTime based values internally, and only care about the format (which only applies to String values) when displaying things the user can't edit. To input date values, use a DateTimePicker and use the .Value property (which is a DateTime).

3. Take a look into .Net Native, or buy software which can obfuscate your program (not cheap, and not fully safe).

thanks for the reply
    The averted nuclear war
    My notes:

PrOtect your PC. MSDN Functions .OOP LINUX forum
    .LINQ LINQ videous
    If some one helps you please rate them with out fail , forum doesn't expects any thing other than this

Quote Originally Posted by si_the_geek View Post
    1. Set the Anchor or Dock properties of the controls, so that they move/size automatically with the form.
    To that end, you might follow the CodeBank link in my signature below and check out my thread on Anchor & Dock.
    Quote Originally Posted by si_the_geek View Post
    3. Take a look into .Net Native, or buy software which can obfuscate your program (not cheap, and not fully safe).
    As far as I'm aware, .NET Native only supports UWP. There are other technologies that make code written in .NET languages much harder to decompile (note that obfuscation doesn't make it hard to compile, but rather hard to understand the result of decompilation) but they are generally expensive and you lose some of the advantages of the .NET Framework, e.g. automatic bug fixes to system libraries.