Thread: Hi! Oldtimer back!

Hi! Oldtimer back!

Hello! I was NotLKH, last posting over ten years ago, at least...
    I've forgotten my old password, so I've created a new regestration...
    Is Mendhak and/or NoteMe still active here?

I came back because i have an issue that I might request help with over the next couple of days, but searching My NotLKH posts, i found something related... http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...d-Permutations

Anyways, how is everybody doing?

Also, you should see/and or ask, what I've called Magic Meshes. a mathematical entity stemming from both Magic Squares and Magic Hexagons [fyi, per https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_hexagon , 2010, I updated the page to display the largest magical hexagon which I had previously created by that time, lol]

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Re: Hi! Oldtimer back!

Welcome back!

Is Mendhak and/or NoteMe still active here?
    Haven't seen them in ages but ya never know...
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Welcome back.

Every now and then, somebody drifts by, but you're a couple generations back.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Welcome back!

Mendhak and NotMe are not around, last Ive seen was years ago.
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

God I miss you guys. BIG HUGZ!!!!

PowerPoster

Hi everyone!
    It's been a few months since I opened the forum, and when I do, I don't post anymore. But here I am saying hello

How's everyone?

Me, I'm busy with my 3D printer, I spend most of my time designing stuff in 3D, and improving / upgrading my 3D printer

Quote Originally Posted by CVMichael View Post
    Hi everyone!
    It's been a few months since I opened the forum, and when I do, I don't post anymore. But here I am saying hello

How's everyone?

Me, I'm busy with my 3D printer, I spend most of my time designing stuff in 3D, and improving / upgrading my 3D printer
    What printer are you using?
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by RobDog888 View Post
    What printer are you using?
    It's a custom made one: http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...=1#post5217111

The print size is 400mm cube. Maybe I will post a few new pictures with how it looks now (in a few days, i'm so busy lately)

I've made quite a few improvements since then:

Now it's enclosed on all sides with acrylic sheets, it also has a removable cover
    It's on wheels
    Before it had an 8 bit board, now it has the most advanced (and really expensive) 32 bit board. This new board is a WiFi board, so I control everything from a web browser, on my tablet (or anything with a browser, even smart phone)
    The extruder block is removable, I have 6 of them each one a little different. I have 4 single color but different nozzle size, one with 2 colors, and another with 3 colors. Now I can even mix colors.
    Carbon filter inside the printer. This is to remove bad smell when printing with some plastics, like ABS, carbon fibre, or other smelly materials. But it is only a little bit effective... better than nothing I guess
    Last thing I added is a filament monitor, so if the extruder get clogged, it pauses the print and waits, or if the filament runs out, it pauses the print, I change to a new spool, then click resume. Before I had to make sure the spool of filament has enough plastic for the print I started.

I spent over $4,000 CAD on it, I lost track

And future upgrades:
    Since Friday I am going to my father's job, they have CNCs and lathe, a few other machining tools. They are letting me use some of the machines there, I am making my own aluminium parts for the 3D printer (for the Z axis). The machine I am working on now looks something like this one http://actionmachinery.com/wp-conten...hine-tools.jpg I should be done in a few days, so in a week or 2, I will probably have the 3D printed plastic parts replaced with aluminium parts for the Z axis.
    Another upgrade, and final one, hopefully. Right now I have linear shaft for Y and X axis. These are not sturdy enough, I will replace them with linear guide rail

[Edit]
    I posted a week ago a video showing how the filament monitor works: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXCyZhsfCfs

Last edited by CVMichael; Dec 11th, 2018 at 12:20 AM.

Damn nice!

Sorry to go off topic NotLKH

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011