Thread: Getting Investors

Question Getting Investors

Hi guys,

Is there any investors available here?

How to connect with good investors directly? Is there any good channels or something?

Tried contacting through LinkedIn, but some of them where Nigerian scammers impersonating some others.

And some don't read the messages at all.

Used another angel investment network website and paid a fee too (around 250$) or something. But only one guy contacted, that too was not a serious guy.

Thanks

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...

Re: Getting Investors

Google:

invent help

You get a lot of hits.
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar

Hi Akhilesh Why do you think you need investors ?

Generally to get investors on board you need to have something built already, have you already built some software and now need some investment to scale it up or to market it ? and is it something that investors are likely to be able to see a return on there investment from?

... or are you wanting investors or help you build something ?

this is more difficult as you will need to convince someone of your concept and that it is worth ploughing in money to make that concept a reality, then you would likely need more money later on.

If you have a solid Proof of concept and its something innovative than its possible but really you want to be looking up properly Angel investors in India and demo your product or idea to them in person.
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

DITTO... You have to have a LOT more than just a good idea.

My last job/company was a "Start Up" when I joined. It was an ongoing battle to find investors... But we did find one that specialized in software companies like ours. We probably got ten million from them. But we also had to do little things like take a PAYCUT etc....

AND, one of the really important parts was that the three founding members had a couple million of their own dollars each in the company.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedSomeAnswers View Post
    Hi Akhilesh Why do you think you need investors ?

Generally to get investors on board you need to have something built already, have you already built some software and now need some investment to scale it up or to market it ? and is it something that investors are likely to be able to see a return on there investment from?

... or are you wanting investors or help you build something ?

this is more difficult as you will need to convince someone of your concept and that it is worth ploughing in money to make that concept a reality, then you would likely need more money later on.

If you have a solid Proof of concept and its something innovative than its possible but really you want to be looking up properly Angel investors in India and demo your product or idea to them in person.
    Thanks for the response!

Yes we have it up and running and is already generating some good revenue. Basically its a SaaS and not sold as a product. We have the projection, pitch deck and everything ready.

Right now, we are looking for investment to setup our own office, hire some employees, promote the service to a wider audience and increase the monthly revenue generation to 3 times than what it has now. It's not an innovative service, but it has huge potential to generate more revenue.

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    DITTO... You have to have a LOT more than just a good idea.

My last job/company was a "Start Up" when I joined. It was an ongoing battle to find investors... But we did find one that specialized in software companies like ours. We probably got ten million from them. But we also had to do little things like take a PAYCUT etc....

AND, one of the really important parts was that the three founding members had a couple million of their own dollars each in the company.
    Thanks for the response!

Right now, only me and my brother(https://www.facebook.com/ceoakashbchandran) is part of this. And we are actually looking for someone who's legit and serious in doing this. Because it was hard to find a good person. We took premium membership in LinkedIn and started contacting some investors. Only some responded and some were just scammers.
    Even paid a good amount on taking membership of an investor network website and that too was not useful.

We are planning to setup everything and run in full swing from January 2019 onwards. But still its a big burden raising some funds. That's why I thought about asking it here.
    Because VBForums is the community which I joined in my early stages and gained lot of knowledge from here. And lot of super cool expert personnels from here helped me a lot. So, was thinking maybe people like you could help us with useful info.

I'm in the same situation as you - looking for investors. Same premiun linkedin account...

I'm only an hour from NYC - our IP attorneys did get us in front of an investor panel twice. Some of the other people competing for funds were doing things like fashion websites and anti-bullying software. Others got more attention - not us (boring document management / database software).

Now we finally got our database ideas under patent and will once again attempt to stir up some investment. As soon as the patent got approved we were contacted by some of the semi-bogus investment people you were. I'm not looking for inexpensive overseas developers - looking to build a group right here.
    Last edited by szlamany; Dec 6th, 2018 at 03:21 PM.

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by szlamany View Post
    I'm in the same situation as you - looking for investors. Same premiun linkedin account...

I'm only an hour from NYC - our IP attorneys did get us in front of an investor panel twice. Some of the other people competing for funds were doing things like fashion websites and anti-bullying software. Others got more attention - not us (boring document management / database software).

Now we finally got our database ideas under patent and will once again attempt to stir up some investment. As soon as the patent got approved we were contacted by some of the semi-bogus investment people you were. I'm not looking for inexpensive overseas developers - looking to build a group right here.
    Best wishes!

Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar

I am not convinced Linked in is the best place to find investors.

I still think you would be better off trying to find angel investors in the nearest big city in India to you, and pitching your product in person directly to them.

Remember when looking for investment you really need to be able to give an investor an idea of how long it will take for them to get there money back, and think about what percentage of your company you are happy to give up for the money they will invest.
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Round here there's lots of "entrepreneur networks" you can join. Basically social groups, often organised through sites like facebook, linkedin, meetup and so on. You go along for a few coffee evenings and generally chat to people. With a bit of luck you meet someone, who knows someone, whose second cousin is looking to invest. It's by no means a straight introduction to a panel but it is an opportunity to network and hopefully get some feelers out. I have a friend this has worked very well for.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd