Thread: error in run my website after update it.

Question error in run my website after update it.

hello

there are folders "App_Code" and "bin" in my web site. after publish, in published files, folders "App_Code" is not exist.
    and "bin" has some files which didn't exist in main source.

now i upload files in my host (update some files). but i will faces with error for open some pages.
    for example : for open page etc.aspx , the bellow error will be shown.

Parser Error Message: Could not load the assembly 'App_Web_dy11l2au'. Make sure that it is compiled before accessing the page.
    Source Error:
    Line 1: <%@ page title="" language="C#" masterpagefile="~/Site.Master" autoeventwireup="true" inherits="Login, App_Web_dy11l2au" smartnavigation="true" %>
    Line 2: <%@ Register assembly="AjaxControlToolkit" namespace="AjaxControlToolkit" tagprefix="cc1" %>
    Line 3:

the file 'App_Web_dy11l2au' not exist in source of my website and also not exist in published files.
    what should i do? meanwhile in localhost it works fine.

thanks

Re: error in run my website after update it.

The bin folder contains the compiled code for your application, the files it contains are generated when yuo compile the application. Typically the App_Code folder contains source files and as these get compiled into the various files in the bin folder they are not needed at runtime.

Under webforms the aspx files contain references to code in the related aspx.vb file, the aspx.vb file is also compiled into the dlls in the bin folder, making changes to the .aspx files without rebuilding and redeploying will result in the compiled files and the .aspx files getting out of sync and the error you are getting is a fairly typical result.

When you publish your application there should be an option (can't remember where at the moment) that mentions making the website updateable after deployment - might be worth trying that option and republishing.