I have a database stored in a ListView which consists of various pieces of equipment including equipment type, Model number, Serial Number, Date… You get the idea. I also have this same equipment list in a Google Sheet. I would like to have changes in the database get sent to the Google Sheet. I was thinking I would need an API made for the sheet which would allow my program to request a row number for a given serial number (Or return the next empty row if serial number is not in list). Then I could pass the ListView row in another API call which would send the entire record with fields separated by the tab character for the spreadsheet to populate. I am not sure if this is even possible with Google Sheets. I know Google does have an API for sheets, but I don’t know enough about it to know if it will do what I need or if one could be written to do what I need. Does anyone have experience with what I need to do to point me in the right direction?
I would like something like GetRow(serial_Number) to return the row number of the record I want to update (Since the order of the Google Sheet could be different that the ListView
And something like WriteRow(RowNumber, Equipment & Tab & Model & Tab & Serial & Tab…)
I have used JSON and XML calls to APIs in the past, but nothing with writing my own API on the server side. I’m hoping this can be done with what Google already has available.

Thanks

Jim