Thread: cannot add new topic, get error page about a page not found

Lively Member

cannot add new topic, get error page about a page not found

Weird. I cannot create a post on the vb6 forum having to do with the dependency file for the Shape control. I can try to reproduce it.

I have an engineering application I distribute, but not using the VB PDW.
    My installer is basically simple that I got off the web(Setup Generator ver 1) It so happens that in some cases, users do not seethe shape that is embedded in one of the forms so I am going to have to include it with the installer.
    What is the dependency I need to include?
    So I created a simple project with only a shape on the form. The .vbp shows the dependency is:

-----------missing data-----------

is it correct to include stdole2.tlb in the package? I'm not sure what the "#OLE Automation" at the end means.
    There is a computer disease that anybody who works with computers knows about. It's a very serious disease and it interferes completely with the work. The trouble with computers is that you 'play' with them!
    Richard P. Feynman

Re: cannot add new topic, get error page about a page not found

I get the "Something Went Wrong" error when I post the two lines you zipped up.

You can see the three page sticky thread here in the feedback section.

To be honest, it'll be a LOT easier and quicker for everyone if you can find a work around.

The error is telling the built in security that you've typed something it doesn't like.

Lively Member

Thank you. It's actually only one line but showing as two. Came from the .vbp showing dependency for Shape control.
    There is a computer disease that anybody who works with computers knows about. It's a very serious disease and it interferes completely with the work. The trouble with computers is that you 'play' with them!
    Richard P. Feynman

Lively Member

One more comment: If anyone reading this is confused as to what is happening, open the attachment, unzip it and try to post the line into a reply back here. It will be obvious.
    Richard P. Feynman