Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Thread: Hamilton 5x World Champion ?

Re: Hamilton 5x World Champion ?

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    They could have delayed it to the next day, but there's no guarantee that weather would have improved, plus as the commentators noted, there may have been an issue finding marshals sufficient for the event.

-tg
    According to german news that wasn't possible, since the next race is next weekend in the Netherlands (yeah, practically you can spit from Spa to Zandvoort), so the problem would have been the logistics involved
    One System to rule them all, One IDE to find them,
    One Code to bring them all, and to the Framework bind them,
    in the Land of Redmond, where the Windows lie
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    People call me crazy because i'm jumping out of perfectly fine airplanes.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For health reasons i try to avoid reading unformatted Code

Don't forget about the TV revenues. I think it was a pure commercial decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Zvoni View Post
    According to german news that wasn't possible, since the next race is next weekend in the Netherlands (yeah, practically you can spit from Spa to Zandvoort), so the problem would have been the logistics involved
    Odd... they talked to a couple of team principles, and they said, yeah it would have been tight, but it would have been doable...

Speaking of Zandvoort... I'm looking forward to it... it will be interesting to see how the banked curves factor into things.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

PowerPoster

Wow, so they just give them half points and call it a race. What a rip off. lol

Never knew that's how it works. Shows how much I know about F1. Can't say that I like it, as a fan or as a team. Think racing Monday if forecast was favorable or fit the race in one of the gaps between races would be possible. Wonder if the fans get there money back. Maybe half. lol

That race day was painful to watch... I'm glad I only saw the highlights.

Thankfully the teams etc are getting together to try to change the rules so that it can't happen again. The governing body is also trying to sort out some sort of refund for the fans at the track, who were stuck in the rain for all that time... having been at a wet race myself (where the race happened), I can say that without even having a race to watch they should get a full refund for that day.

Yeah, I didn't realize it only took two laps to get half points. I know with Indy, they have to do 50% +1 laps to be declared an official race and have points issued. There's no half points.
    I wonder... I wonder if maybe they had done the formation and lap 1 under CS, then laps 2-5 under VSC -- that might have gotten things going fast enough that they could have gotten more water off the track, then they may have been able to get 5 laps of green and some racing in, before red flagging it when the rains picked back up. But it's all Monday morning driving, and we'll never know. Let's just hope for better weather next weekend.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

The weather forecast for Sunday is 25C and sunny

Quote Originally Posted by si_the_geek View Post
    That race day was painful to watch... I'm glad I only saw the highlights.

Thankfully the teams etc are getting together to try to change the rules so that it can't happen again. The governing body is also trying to sort out some sort of refund for the fans at the track, who were stuck in the rain for all that time... having been at a wet race myself (where the race happened), I can say that without even having a race to watch they should get a full refund for that day.
    Remember the "scandal"-race in Indianapolis how many years ago, where after the warm-up round, only 6 cars rolled to the starting line (those with Bridgestone-Tires. The Michelin-tired cars all withdrew due to rain)

EDIT: The Michelin withdrawal wasn't due to rain. I stand corrected.
    see --> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_U...tes_Grand_Prix
    Last edited by Zvoni; Aug 31st, 2021 at 03:51 AM.

The Indy scandal was bad, too much politics going on to allow the race to happen properly.

The highlight of that race was somebody throwing beer in front of Schumi's car.

This would have been a better alternative...

-tg

PowerPoster

I didn't know how they were going to setup the DRS zones but with the long straightaways I thought there would be overtake opportunities. Not many happened in the sprint. Hamilton staying in 5th all race was surprising.

Want to see an exciting race but then again I'd like to see Max just pull away and not have to worry. Hard to have it both ways. lol

Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    I didn't know how they were going to setup the DRS zones but with the long straightaways I thought there would be overtake opportunities. Not many happened in the sprint. Hamilton staying in 5th all race was surprising.

Want to see an exciting race but then again I'd like to see Max just pull away and not have to worry. Hard to have it both ways. lol
    It's why i like to watch Monaco: Yeah, not a lot of opportunities to overtake, but Holy Smoke, when they crash.....

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011