Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718

Thread: Hamilton 5x World Champion ?

PowerPoster

Re: Hamilton 5x World Champion ?

Yeah, Perez isn't doing much to impress this year. I don't know what he has left on his contract but he better start picking up the pace or he'll be gone.

PowerPoster

Except for lap 1, it was the typical Monaco snooze fest. The announcers tried to find something interesting that might happed but in the end they finished as they started.

It's a shame that here in the US they choose to show this race on a major channel (ABC I think), usually it's on ESPN2. There are much better races they could pick to show.

Indy 500 was great.

PowerPoster

F1 Monaco - boring.

Indy 500 - Well worth the wait.

Coke 600 - Ruined by weather.

Overall, for the biggest racing day of the year, it was largely disappointing.

I fell asleep during Monaco... woke up... only to be disappointed it was only lap 37... I checked out again until 5 laps remained.... annnnd... yeah... Qualifying in Monaco is def more exciting than the race itself.
    It's the cars... they're too large now for the current course. Either they need to find a way to make the cars smaller so that passing is possible, or... and this is going to be sacrilegious I know but, redesign the course so that it is on larger street that can handle the larger cars... Or just have qualifying and a 10 lap parade... because that's largely what it has become, a parade.

Indy was def worth the wait. It usually is. Glad to see Newgarden win a second in a row. Those last 4 lap with Pato were fun to watch. But man... I feel for Pato... three times in a row coming in second like that... I hope he's able to break what ever curse he's got next year.

I only checked into the 600 just long enough to see if Larsen made it ... not usually a NASCAR watcher.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    Yeah, Perez isn't doing much to impress this year. I don't know what he has left on his contract but he better start picking up the pace or he'll be gone.
    a shame Lewis or Lando is not in the other Red Bull
    to hunt a species to extinction is not logical !
    since 2010 the number of Tigers are rising again in 2016 - 3900 were counted. with Baby Callas it's 3901, my wife and I had 2-3 months the privilege of raising a Baby Tiger.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisE View Post
    a shame Lewis or Lando is not in the other Red Bull
    I'm glad they're not, it would make Reb Bull even more dominating. I think Max is happy just the way it is. But it would be interesting to see Max and Lewis in the same car. I think Max would win.

PowerPoster

I'm surprised Perez was given another 2 year contract with Red Bull. I hope he drives well enough to have earned it. It would suck if Red Bull loses out on the constructor's championship because of an inconsistent Perez.

Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    I'm glad they're not, it would make Reb Bull even more dominating. I think Max is happy just the way it is. But it would be interesting to see Max and Lewis in the same car. I think Max would win.
    Yeah that would be some fight, I do hope that next year the Ferrari with Lewis will make the F1 more interesting. kinda sick of these 4 to 5 Years of dominance that some Teams have
    since 2010 the number of Tigers are rising again in 2016 - 3900 were counted. with Baby Callas it's 3901, my wife and I had 2-3 months the privilege of raising a Baby Tiger.

Quote Originally Posted by OptionBase1 View Post
    I'm surprised Perez was given another 2 year contract with Red Bull. I hope he drives well enough to have earned it. It would suck if Red Bull loses out on the constructor's championship because of an inconsistent Perez.
    2 Years? did not know that, must be his dad with some money for Red Bull

PowerPoster

Jacques Villeneuve has annoyed me ever since he threw a tantrum about Charles LeClerc wanting to wear a Gilles Villeneuve tribute helmet last year. Now he's talking trash about Danny Ric. No idea why he's part of the broadcast team today*, he adds nothing IMO.

*Yes, I know the track is named for his dad. But until he shoehorned his way back into "racing news" in the last year or so, he hadn't been relevant in the world of racing for a long, long time.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 815161718