Thread: i have 2 software questions

i have 2 software questions

i did try, but i can't find a solution or something :'(

1 - after i did the Graphics Card Drivers updates(even with Windows Update), why, on videos frames, i get, by some seconds, 90% black color(like the image)... like i said after update. i don't know why these happens.. maybe someone can explain more about it.
    Name:  videos error.png
Views: 1053
Size:  95.7 KB
    (after update the Sound Card Drivers, i lose the sound.... so i use the previous drivers)

2 - comparing between the batery and cable... the CPU perfomance can be less if i use the batery?
    VB6 2D Sprite control

To live is difficult, but we do it.

Re: i have 2 software questions

Quote Originally Posted by joaquim View Post
    i did try, but i can't find a solution or something :'(

1 - after i did the Graphics Card Drivers updates(even with Windows Update), why, on videos frames, i get, by some seconds, 90% black color(like the image)... like i said after update. i don't know why these happens.. maybe someone can explain more about it.
    Name:  videos error.png
Views: 1053
Size:  95.7 KB
    (after update the Sound Card Drivers, i lose the sound.... so i use the previous drivers)

2 - comparing between the batery and cable... the CPU perfomance can be less if i use the batery?
    1 = You probably need to adjust the Gamma. There may be an in-game setting or in your graphics configuration in windows.

2 = Yes, unless you override the default power settings. It's possible to run in power-saving all the time, or not run it at all in unplugged.
    My light show youtube page (it's made the news) www.youtube.com/@artnet2twinkly
    Contact me on the socials www.facebook.com/lordorwell

"1 = You probably need to adjust the Gamma. There may be an in-game setting or in your graphics configuration in windows."
    i found that configuration, it's +1.00. i don't know for what i need to change

"2 = Yes, unless you override the default power settings. It's possible to run in power-saving all the time, or not run it at all in unplugged."
    thank you so much for that information.
    VB6 2D Sprite control

there may be "BOTH" one in game and one in windows. I don't know about intel, but AMD and Nvidia both have "override" buttons in their settings that can render the in-game slider useless. Is it just one game doing this?
    My light show youtube page (it's made the news) www.youtube.com/@artnet2twinkly
    Contact me on the socials www.facebook.com/lordorwell

all movies\videos.
    not notice on games
    VB6 2D Sprite control

PowerPoster

If you are talking about things like videos played in a browser that are very dark or black for a few seconds before finally brightening properly... you may need to select software video rendering in your browser options. I'm not sure how many browsers besides IE have such a setting though.

for the moment, i use Opera. but i can't find that configurations
    VB6 2D Sprite control

This happens on my home computer when playing youtube or fb videos. It starts out black and comes to life over the course of a few seconds. Maybe not the same thing but I attribute it to my low processing power/memory on that system.
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

RobDog888: i'm sorry, but how you changed that option?
    i don't know it
    PS: when i reply to you, why i get that error like i had answer 2 times on same reply?
    (then the 30 seconds are uncounted)
    Last edited by joaquim; Oct 26th, 2018 at 02:51 PM.
    VB6 2D Sprite control

According to dilettantes post use software rendering. In chrome its under settings > advanced > "Use hardware acceleration when available". Uncheck that setting.
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Reps & Rating PostsVS.NET on Vista Multiple .NET Framework Versions Office Primary Interop AssembliesVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NETVB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6VB.NET Attributes Ex.Outlook Global Address ListAPI Viewer utility.NET API Viewer Utility
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

thank you so much for all
    i'm testing it(some minutes for now), but until now no problems.
    thank you so much for all to all. thank you
    anotherthing RobDog888: why, when i reply or add a new post, i get these error:
    "The following errors occurred with your submission
    This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 29 seconds."
    ????
    i just reply once not 2
    (if you need a print, i can give you)
    VB6 2D Sprite control

Sinecure devotee

I'm surprised you're just noticing it now. I think its been doing (somewhat random) double posts since July. It seems to be much more consistent now, than it was originally.
    They are supposedly working on it. It has been discussed fairly in depth in a couple of threads.
    I you see that message, you can scroll down and verify your post is at the top of the list of posts in the thread, and just ignore it and move on.

It is a known problem, so no reason for another example of it.
    I am wondering if you select "go advance" in the quick reply window, and do your reply whether it still happens, as it seems to take you to the "advanced" version of the reply when it malfunctions. If you're already replying from the advanced version, it may not double post, but I haven't experimented with it yet.

i speaked about it on post #9(the 'PS')
    VB6 2D Sprite control

seems that the video problems are resolved
    thank you very much.
    now lets speak about the audio drivers(in these case can be on same topic, like i speaked on 1st post between parentheses).
    i can do the update of audio drivers, but why i lose the audio just after update it?
    Last edited by joaquim; Oct 31st, 2018 at 03:41 PM.
    VB6 2D Sprite control

Quote Originally Posted by joaquim View Post
    seems that the video problems are resolved
    thank you very much.
    now lets speak about the audio drivers(in these case can be on same topic, like i speaked on 1st post between parentheses).
    i can do the update of audio drivers, but why i lose the audio just after update it?
    So what was the final verdict on a fix?

Ps, yes a forum bug for double posting when certain formatting tags are used. Hopefully will be fixed soon

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011

yes the graphics is fixed, very cool. thank you so much.
    now, with some time, maybe, i can fix the audio drivers updates
    but i accept more information for learn about it
    VB6 2D Sprite control