Thread: [RESOLVED] Crystal Report error after the application deployment

Resolved [RESOLVED] Crystal Report error after the application deployment

Hi, I red a lot of threads about that problem, but I still stuck at the same point.
    During the development of my application on Visual Studio, everything was working well but just after the deployment (On the same PC) my Crystal Report stopped to do the job and I get this error : (Sorry, that's in French)

Name:  Crystal Error.PNG
Views: 1877
Size:  33.5 KB

So, after reading some threads, I tried to solve the problem, I download and install the runtime.net of crystal report but I still get the error
    I heard about adding merge module and I'm trying that for now but I doubt that it will work

If you already had that problem, I would be happy to read how you resolve it, have a nice day !

Re: Crystal Report error after the application deployment

I've had this, with Crystal reports, its bit sensitive and version sensitive. It usually works on same computer though. Check the references.

References must be good because it worked on Visual Studio, if not I would had an error during the debugging process

But if you succeed, I have a question : Did you use a Setup that you have configure in Visual Studio or you just publish your app normally ?

Thanks for your answer !

Our app has it's own custom deployment , with a helper app that copies everything including required files. Funny thin is i though I was making copy local true, it doesn't do anything. I think everyone already has CR , the version that your using has to be the right one. There are few different versions for CR. If I use the wrong one, it comes up with Access denied error. I had to download all the different versions and try till it worked, copy local does nothing on my app.

PowerPoster

Since the error is in french you should tell us what the the error says, we have no idea. What version for VS and what version of Crystal Reports. Where on your computer did you deploy the program, if it's an Access Denied error perhaps it's in a Read Only location. btw - Crystal Reports does have it's own forum, you could also check there.

Hi, it was saying "Error loading report" but I resolve my problem and it was not a missing .dll or other runtime ...
    I was just loading my crystal report at the wrong place, so it couldn't find it

Thank you both for your time and your answers, have a nice monday ! (and may the force be with you )

PowerPoster

Re: [RESOLVED] Crystal Report error after the application deployment

This is a good example of why you need to provide the error (in english). You would have gotten answers aimed at solving that specific error and probably would have found the problem much sooner. glad you solved your problem.