Thread: Removed contest entry

Removed contest entry

I've removed my entry because of my updates to it after my post was approved to the public.

Why wasn't my entry as well 2kaud's kept under wraps until after the upcoming deadline? This is not how you encourage participation. An initial annoucement about the contest, followed by frequent reminders should have been posted in Chit Chat and the top VB forum.
    Last edited by Peter Porter; Jul 29th, 2018 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Updated dynamic textbox MouseClick to MouseDown and to show scrollbars

Re: Contest 13: Morse Code Translator - Peter Porter - Updated to winforms

Nothing in the contest rules about updating an entry, which is why I did.
    Only because once submitted, you aren't supposed to have access to it until after the contest deadline! If it hadn't been approved.... You aren't allowed to submit more than one entry (I did once with c and c++ entries and had one disallowed).
    All advice is offered in good faith only. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)

Re: Contest 13: Morse Code Translator - Peter Porter - Updated to winforms

Quote Originally Posted by 2kaud View Post
    Only because once submitted, you aren't supposed to have access to it until after the contest deadline! If it hadn't been approved.... You aren't allowed to submit more than one entry (I did once with c and c++ entries and had one disallowed).
    Alrighty then.

Re: Removed contest entry

Yes, so I apologize. There is a separate (hidden) forum for contest entries and whenever y'all submit an entry to this forum it goes to our approval queue. The administrators/moderators are suppose to move the queued thread to the hidden forum before they're approved, however someone (I don't know who) approved them as submitted to this forum instead.

I will remind the mods/admins about the process. However, it appears as though y'all were the only two who submitted entries. SO.... I will give y'all the option. Do y'all want me to extend the deadline and try to boost the competition more, judge just y'all's two submissions, or close this one out without judging it?
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

Re: Removed contest entry

For me, extend the deadline and try to boost the competition more.
    All advice is offered in good faith only. You are ultimately responsible for the effects of your programs and the integrity of the machines they run on. Anything I post, code snippets, advice, etc is licensed as Public Domain https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/

C++23 Compiler: Microsoft VS2022 (17.6.5)