Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Automatic Double Posts Since Upgrade

Automatic Double Posts Since Upgrade

Each time I reply to a thread now, it seems like the forum automatically tries to submit my reply twice. My reply is submitted successfully but I am also taken to the page that says that I have to wait a period before submitting again. I'm using Edge on the latest stable Win10 version.

Re: Automatic Double Posts Since Upgrade

test

EDIT: I've reported the issue but Can NOT recreate it... I just switched from Chrome to Edge and don't get a dupe post in either browser.
    Last edited by Steve R Jones; Jul 21st, 2018 at 03:43 AM. Reason: test duplicate post issue
    Wi-fi went down for five minutes, so I had to talk to my family....They seem like nice people.

I'll take a screenshot next time it happens but, even if you can see it, I guess you still can't really diagnose it if you can't replicate it. I'll try other browsers too and see if they behave the same way.

One extra point is that I did make two posts to one particular thread in fairly quick succession and the issue appeared when submitting the first but not the second. I'll play around in the Forum Test Area and see if I can come up with any extra information.

I also just realised that it didn't happen when making the post above either. I has happened when posting to VB.NET threads, so I wonder whether it may be forum dependent. Seems odd but stranger things have happened. Anyway, I'll update here if I have more information either way.

PowerPoster

happening to me on all replies, on older version of firefox

edit: having said that it did not happen on this post, but has on all posts in OD and vb6
    i do my best to test code works before i post it, but sometimes am unable to do so for some reason, and usually say so if this is the case.
    Note code snippets posted are just that and do not include error handling that is required in real world applications, but avoid On Error Resume Next

dim all variables as required as often i have done so elsewhere in my code but only posted the relevant part

come back and mark your original post as resolved if your problem is fixed
    pete

Quote Originally Posted by westconn1 View Post

edit: having said that it did not happen on this post, but has on all posts in OD and vb6
    It also happened to me with the current Firefox browser

Quote Originally Posted by westconn1 View Post

It also happened to me with the current Firefox browser.
    ps: just happened with this post, even though I didn't post this month yet...
    Name:  VBforumdoublepost.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  7.6 KB

test

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    test
    I suggest that you try it in a forum like VB.NET because the issue is still occurring for me there almost every time I make a post. There have been a couple of time that it didn't and I think that, in both cases, it was not my first post to that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    test
    I suggest that you try it in a forum like VB.NET because the issue is still occurring for me there almost every time I make a post. There have been a couple of time that it didn't and I think that, in both cases, it was not my first post to that thread.

OK, it did just happen to me on this post too.

Sinecure devotee

Perhaps because you replied with quote.

Sinecure devotee

Quote Originally Posted by jmcilhinney View Post

Just a test. Again.

Sinecure devotee

Just a test. Again.
    Yes, it happened. It doubled posted when I quoted jmc's post. (so a test case of 1).

No quote.

No quote.
    That worked OK. Now trying again with quote.

No quote.
    That worked OK. Now trying again with quote.

Yep, that tried to double post. It seems like that might then be the issue, although I feel like it's happened more times than I would have thought that I'd been quoting another post. Maybe not. I'll pay attention to that in future posts.

Been getting the same issue too. Latest Chrome - Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit) - on a Mac.
    Haven't tried on my Win10 at home though.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Trying from the Advance Reply form this time... all previous attempts were from the quick reply.

-tg

EDIT - OK, so it's the Quick Reply that seems to result in the double post attempt, while using the Advance Reply goes through once cleanly.
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Sinecure devotee

I did a quick reply fine (as least a few times), but have also got the double post a number of times. In addition to the above where it posted fine with one Quick Reply, and doubled the second time when trying with a quote, I just got a double attempt on another post where I didn't quote, but I did include a link.

I have been having the same issue as jmc detailed in post #1, using Win 7 and IE11.

This is a test to see if it is still happening.

Edit:
    I did NOT get a double post this time, but I DID get the message about having to wait 30 seconds between posts, so that would seem to indicate that it tried to double post, but was correctly prevented this time.
    Last edited by jdc2000; Jul 23rd, 2018 at 10:08 AM.

Sinecure devotee

That is what I've been getting all along. I haven't actually double-posted. The first time I saw the message, I assumed the forum tried to double post (I'd seen it before on other forums years ago), so, in case it didn't actually post, I copied my post, but assuming it did, I continued on without waiting to "try the post again". Checked back to the thread to make sure the post did indeed post.
    But, I didn't try multiple browsers, so it makes sense that I would always get the message.
    ...but was correctly prevented this time...
    It would only be correct if you intentionally tried to post twice.

p.s. This post did try to post twice as well (got the 30 second warning message), probably because I added the quote phrase above.

I sent the IT person a link to this thread....All but one site has gone through the upgrade/update process and VBF is the only with the dupe posts and PHP errors.

Of course... we're the odd duck...

-tg

I see this error pop show up from time to time on some threads... some, not all... there doesn't seem to be a pattern or any rhyme or reason for when it does or doesn't appear:
    PHP User Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: bbcode_highlight in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4197
    actually, now that I can see it clearly, I wonder if it shows in threads with the highlight tag in it...

-tg

From our IT person:

These errors are coming from the code syntax highlighter. I'll look into updating it.

From our IT person:

These errors are coming from the code syntax highlighter. I'll look into updating it.

And you got a double post!

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Don't know if it's connected but I notice that every time I edit a post now the browser just hangs with the little swirly O. If I browse away from the thread and back the edit had been committed but it's like the page never refreshes of it's own accord.

(Double post in 3... 2... 1...)
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Don't know if it's connected but I notice that every time I edit a post now the browser just hangs with the little swirly O. If I browse away from the thread and back the edit had been committed but it's like the page never refreshes of it's own accord.

(Double post in 3... 2... 1...)
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Win10 & FireFox

This seemed to only occur, during past several days, when "Reply with Quote" option was used. But now there doesn't seem to be a pattern. I did a "Quick Reply" on this and got the double-post warning
    Insomnia is just a byproduct of, "It can't be done"

Classics Enthusiast? Here's my 1969 Mustang Mach I Fastback. Her sister '67 Coupe has been adopted

Newbie? Novice? Bored? Spend a few minutes browsing the FAQ section of the forum.
    Read the HitchHiker's Guide to Getting Help on the Forums.
    Here is the list of TAGs you can use to format your posts
    Here are VB6 Help Files online

{Alpha Image Control} {Memory Leak FAQ} {Unicode Open/Save Dialog} {Resource Image Viewer/Extractor}
    {VB and DPI Tutorial} {Manifest Creator} {UserControl Button Template} {stdPicture Render Usage}

Win 7 & Yandex.Browser.

This happen for me too, constantly. After I making "quick reply" browser redirects me to "Advanced view" page with such error:
    "Error
    The following errors occurred with your submission
    This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 30 seconds."
    Actually, my post is already submitted at that time.
    Malware analyst, VirusNet developer, HiJackThis+ author || my CodeBank works

Interesting bugs - Can someone make a sticky to keep track of these better? I have a bunch more I am noticing.
    Disclaimer: When code is given for example - it is merely a example. •
    •
    •

Unless said otherwise indicated - All Code snippets advice or otherwise that I post on this site, are expressly licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Please respect my copyrights.

There's no need to stick and active thread like this.... Post away.

Related? Maybe, maybe not.

FYI: When logging in, I get this each time...

PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'adminpermissions' in ..../includes/functions.php on line 6073
    PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'genericoptions' in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php on line 1093
    PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'genericpermissions2' in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php on line 1146
    PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'socialgrouppermissions' in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php on line 1159
    PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'socialgrouppermissions' in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php on line 1169
    PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'genericpermissions' in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php on line 1186
    PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'socialgrouppermissions' in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php on line 1196
    PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'socialgrouppermissions' in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php on line 1220
    Redirecting...

Thank you for logging in, LaVolpe.
    Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you.
    Edited: And when clicking on a URL link within a posting:
    PHP User Warning: fetch_template() calls should be replaced by the vB_Template class. Template name: bbcode_highlight in ..../includes/functions.php on line 4197

Last edited by LaVolpe; Jul 27th, 2018 at 06:16 AM.
    Insomnia is just a byproduct of, "It can't be done"

Classics Enthusiast? Here's my 1969 Mustang Mach I Fastback. Her sister '67 Coupe has been adopted

Newbie? Novice? Bored? Spend a few minutes browsing the FAQ section of the forum.
    Read the HitchHiker's Guide to Getting Help on the Forums.
    Here is the list of TAGs you can use to format your posts
    Here are VB6 Help Files online

{Alpha Image Control} {Memory Leak FAQ} {Unicode Open/Save Dialog} {Resource Image Viewer/Extractor}
    {VB and DPI Tutorial} {Manifest Creator} {UserControl Button Template} {stdPicture Render Usage}

I'm getting the double post, but I guess that's old news. Also, when I first go to the site, I get a bunch of PHP errors showing up at the top of the screen. They go away fairly quickly, and tend to be blue on blue, which makes them darn hard to read. I assume that they are likely the same ones that LaVolpe is reporting.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Sinecure devotee

I think they're black on dark blue, but then I haven't bothered looking closely, just ignoring it as it isn't my problem. It could be a Freudian sign of abuse, I guess.

PowerPoster

2 weeks later
    are they ever going to fix the double posting and other errors?
    i do my best to test code works before i post it, but sometimes am unable to do so for some reason, and usually say so if this is the case.
    Note code snippets posted are just that and do not include error handling that is required in real world applications, but avoid On Error Resume Next

dim all variables as required as often i have done so elsewhere in my code but only posted the relevant part

come back and mark your original post as resolved if your problem is fixed
    pete

Yes.... In theory

It's still there and also the error messages when there code segments is the posts.
    The double post message is really annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoutdv View Post
    It's still there and also the error messages when there code segments is the posts.
    The double post message is really annoying.
    It is annoying but the biggest problem is that a lot of people don't realise that their post was actually successful and submit the same post again when the time expires.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast