Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CheckBoxCombo 1.4 (A professional, effective and ready-to-use Multi-select ComboBox)

Addicted Member

Re: CheckBoxCombo 1.4 (A professional, effective and ready-to-use Multi-select ComboB

Quote Originally Posted by bormman View Post
    Version 1.4 - there was a problem.
    Registration is done by the administrator.
    Attachment 160881
    Hope you have successfully registered CheckBoxCombo 1.4.
    The reason might be because, you might have used an older version of CheckBoxCombo with Excel previously.

Then, try following the below steps.

1. Just go to your profile AppData Folder (Eg: "C:\Users\[your_profile_name]\AppData")
    2. In AppData folder, search for EXD files (*.exd).
    3. Then delete all CheckBoxCombo_ActiveX.exd files you find.
    4. Now try inserting the control again in Excel.
    Last edited by PGBSoft; Aug 10th, 2018 at 02:41 PM.

Re: CheckBoxCombo 1.4 (A professional, effective and ready-to-use Multi-select ComboB

Quote Originally Posted by PGBSoft View Post
    Hope you have successfully registered CheckBoxCombo 1.4.
    The reason might be because, you might have used an older version of CheckBoxCombo with Excel previously.

Then, try following the below steps.
    I did, but it does not help. The error is the same.

Addicted Member

I did, but it does not help. The error is the same.
    If so, the problem might be related to the security and privacy settings for the ActiveX controls of your Office package. Let's try the following steps.

1. First you unregister the CheckBoxCombo.ocx and register it again with administrative privileges.

To unregister, use: regsvr32 -u CheckBoxCombo.ocx 'assume you are in the command prompt, where the CheckBoxCombo.ocx exists.
    To register, use: regsvr32 CheckBoxCombo.ocx 'assume you are in the command prompt, where the latest CheckBoxCombo.ocx exists.

Note: It is better you always maintain one location to keep the ocx file (such as "C:\Windows\System32" (32-bit OS) or "C:\Windows\SysWOW64" (64-bit OS)).

2. Then, open Excel and go to:
    File > Excel Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings... > ActiveX Settings and make the changes as in the following screensthot or as per your requirement (without selecting the first option).

Name:  tc.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  26.4 KB

3. Then, try to insert the control again in Excel.
    Last edited by PGBSoft; Aug 10th, 2018 at 10:59 PM.

deleted
    Last edited by bormman; Aug 11th, 2018 at 06:28 AM. Reason: delite

Quote Originally Posted by PGBSoft View Post
    If so, the problem might be related to the security and privacy settings for the ActiveX controls of your Office package. Let's try the following steps......
    All of these steps I have already done, moreover, I deleted all the records associated with CheckBoxCombo ..... from the registry. Then, once again, I Unregister and Registered the component ..... nothing helps. Error is the same.
    CheckBoxCombo.ocx does not work only in Excel, in VB6 works perfectly.
    Strange situation...

Addicted Member

CheckBoxCombo.ocx does not work only in Excel, in VB6 works perfectly.
    Strange situation...
    Hmm.., strange..., Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this problem.

• Can you add the control to UserForms within Excel?
    • Can you add the control in other office applications like Word, Access, etc.?
    • What version of Office package you are using?

Just go to the following Microsoft support pages and see their instructions/updates apply for you.

P.S. Have you tried inserting CheckBoxCombo 1.3 to Excel worksheet previously with success results?
    Last edited by PGBSoft; Aug 11th, 2018 at 10:03 AM.

• Can you add the control to UserForms within Excel?................................................................................... YES
    • Can you add the control in other office applications like Word, Access, etc.?.................................................. YES
    • What version of Office package you are using?.......................................................................................... Office 2016 Pro+
    • Have you tried inserting CheckBoxCombo 1.3 to Excel worksheet previously with success results?................... YES

The problem was solved as follows:
    Delete TEMP *.exd file if necessary. (link General) In the sub-folders Excel8.0 and VBE folder Temp was a 2 CheckBoxCombo_ActiveX.exd files (my Temp folder is not on the system disk.)

PGBSoft Thank you.
    Last edited by bormman; Aug 11th, 2018 at 11:36 AM.

Addicted Member

Awesome control PGBSoft ,
    When I set the Onlistsearch property to true and opening the list by mouse it auto-closes itself , while this is not the behavior when opening the list by arrow or f4

Addicted Member

Thanks Hosam. That issue had been reported and I have already made a fix. I will update the CodeBank.

Addicted Member

Revision update 1.4.1 Released (24-11-2019)

• Fixed a minor bug in list search.

Download the latest here.
    Last edited by PGBSoft; Nov 23rd, 2019 at 11:40 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12