Thread: any panel like as (QT panel used in telegram) in vb6 with or without rc5?

any panel like as (QT panel used in telegram) in vb6 with or without rc5?

hi,any body hv sample control or ocx can use for send or recive texts,files,images like this panel (in telegram) with or wthout rc5:

Name:  001.png
Views: 459
Size:  300.1 KB

i want hv a panel to can send or recive texts or other format files with upload or download progress or delivered status or other options from users or send by myself to other users.i used web browser but was been not good,any other samples?

any samples?

Frenzied Member

Re: any panel like as (QT panel used in telegram) in vb6 with or without rc5?

I'd imagine that eveything said in your previous thread equally applies to this one.

http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...-like-telegram
    If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there...

My VB6 love-children: Vee-Hive and Vee-Launcher

Quote Originally Posted by ColinE66 View Post
    I'd imagine that eveything said in your previous thread equally applies to this one.

http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...-like-telegram
    thi is different thread,this thread is about panel (this is not about list box).

Frenzied Member

My apologies. Apparentlty, this thread is about a 'panel' that appears to serve the same purpose as the listbox you were trying to create earlier.

There really isn't a difference. One of the early .NET versions didn't even include a listbox control because creating one using a panel was so simple that making a specific listbox control was thought not to be worthwhile. After all, a listbox isn't really a thing, it's just a panel with a scrollbar on it bound to a collection. The state of the scrollbar dictates which items from the collection are being displayed at any given time.

You can use that design pattern to create variations on the idea of a listbox, but whether anybody will have something canned that does all you want is a different matter. They were always so easy to write that whenever I wanted one, I just created a new one. I never built up some control to provide the means in a single package.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Frenzied Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    There really isn't a difference.
    Precisely.

any sample?