Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: (VB6) SSTabEx: SSTab replacement. Themed and with new features

Re: (VB6) SSTabEx: SSTab replacement. Themed and with new features

Just an idea: Before compiling you project right click in your code editor and choose Toggle->Break on All Errors menu option.

This way when you try to compile you project the IDE will break when it encounters an error instead of continuing like nothing happened (On Error Resume Next) and so things go awry as a consequence.

I'm pretty sure the problem here is with control arrays -- it's not possible to use Load statement to add more instances while the project is being compiled and this is a bug in the VB6 environment regarding control arrays that has been discussed in these forums before.

cheers,
    </wqw>

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Tobyy View Post
    Hello @ Eduardo,
    Great work you gave the world and i am happy about it so much.
    Hello,
    Thank you.

However, i have lost 2 days with issues encountered when i added the SSTAB to my project. When i used the SSTAB as a component, it worked fine and i can compile easily. However, when my users downloaded my software, it keeps complaining the Active X control is not registered. Registering the TabExCtl.ocx on each user system is too cumbersome. Besides i tried it, it registered successfully but i still got an error when the form which uses the SSTAB is launched in the software.
    It is the same with any OCX, it needs to be registered.

From many years to date, I use Side-by-side assemblies (SxS). No registration is required, but it is required a manifest file.

So to avoid all that, i decided to add the User Control directly in the project and i added all other files, property files, BAS, Class Modules but since 2 days now, i keep getting the "Out of Memory" Compile error when i compile my EXE. If i remove the SSTAB forms and compile again, i compile successfully, but if i add the SSTAB and compile, its been giving me "Out of Memory" error.
    Meanwhile i can run the program successfully and it works fine. The SSTAB works very fine on the forms when i run program, but i cannot compile for 2 days now and it has driven me nuts.
    Please Help.
    I'm not able to reproduce the problem. I'm attaching a very simple test program, it compiles fine.
    One note: I experienced that if the form designer is open, the IDE hangs when compiling, so the forms need to be be closed.
    I didn't investigate it, but it might be (perhaps) because the control is subclassed in the IDE (to enable several features, like the tabs click).
    But I don't get the 'out of memory' error.

When you get the out of memory error, can you click on the 'Debug' button and check on what code line it happens?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hyperactive Member

It works perfectly on Windows 10.
    I've been using it for a long time.
    Do not try it with a lot of controls or Tabs

regards

PowerPoster

Can you set the background to be transparent

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by xiaoyao View Post
    Can you set the background to be transparent
    I added the BackStyle property in the attached project.
    Not sure whether to update with this feature in the "official" version.

To set the transparency:
    Set VisualStyles property to False.
    Set BackStyle property to Opaque.
    Change the TabBackColor property to some other color (otherwise the tabs are hard to click if they are transparent, you need to click on their caption texts, because transparent parts do not receive clicks).

Edit: updated, minor optimization
    Attached Files Attached Files

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo- View Post

To set the transparency:
    Change the TabBackColor property to some other color (otherwise the tabs are hard to click if they are transparent, you need to click on their caption texts, because transparent parts do not receive clicks).

really nice your sstab, even better than commercial one.

Hello,
    Thank you.

It is the same with any OCX, it needs to be registered.

From many years to date, I use Side-by-side assemblies (SxS). No registration is required, but it is required a manifest file.

I'm not able to reproduce the problem. I'm attaching a very simple test program, it compiles fine.
    One note: I experienced that if the form designer is open, the IDE hangs when compiling, so the forms need to be be closed.
    I didn't investigate it, but it might be (perhaps) because the control is subclassed in the IDE (to enable several features, like the tabs click).
    But I don't get the 'out of memory' error.

When you get the out of memory error, can you click on the 'Debug' button and check on what code line it happens?
    Thank you so so much.

I had to go back to the documentation, read it again word by word, and added the User Control to my Project directly. Then i had to remove the component used before, pick up the user control afresh and created controls all over again.

It was tedious but well worth it. Now i can compile fine without any issues again.

Your documentation saved my life.

Thanks !

PowerPoster

To set the transparency:

This is too simple, just take a screenshot of the background image or the corresponding area of the whole screen once.
    The display image behind the control as a background, simulation of the effect of transparency.

https://www.vbforums.com/showthread....ontrol-For-VB6

Simple transparent button control For VB6
    https://www.vbforums.com/showthread....ontrol-For-VB6

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by jedifuk View Post
    really nice your sstab, even better than commercial one.
    Thank you.

Thank you so so much.

I had to go back to the documentation, read it again word by word, and added the User Control to my Project directly. Then i had to remove the component used before, pick up the user control afresh and created controls all over again.

It was tedious but well worth it. Now i can compile fine without any issues again.

Your documentation saved my life.

Thanks !
    Glad that you could fix the issue.

Your feedback is important (both), it encourages me to keep working on further improvements.

PowerPoster

The transparent part does not accept mouse click events.If we draw a 99% transparent PNG picture mask on it, it will be transparent to our eyes, but it is not really transparent, so it can be clicked.
    I once made a list box transparent to it.And the button is transparent to him.Set the button's background color to transparent.As a result, it is very difficult for me to click on the button, and I must click on the text on the button accurately.If the form is simple, there are no overlapping controls.In fact, when you click on this transparent control, it has already clicked on the form.You just need to calculate whether the area of the form is a button, and then you can trigger the button click event.

PowerPoster

Update released:

2021-05-06 Updated documentation
    2021-04-07 Added property AutoTabHeight.
    2021-04-07 The automatic tab width when Style is set to ssStyleTabStrip or when the control is themed and Style is ssStyleTabStrip or ssStylePropertyPage has been changed to add a little space between tabs.
    2021-04-06 Made some minor corrections to the interface with the help of VBCompareInterface and VBCopyInterface - https://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?890861
    2021-04-06 Changed/reorganized folders and files locations.
    2021-04-06 Removed file subclass.cls (GSubclass class), and changed isubclass.cls to cIBSSubclass.cls, mSubclass.bas to mBSSubclass.bas and mPropsDB to mBSPropsDB (These files are all under the 'subclass' folder. Whatch that if you are updating from a previous version in an existing project).
    2021-04-06 Added IDE protection for the subclassing code when it runs in source code. It does not cover all and every situation, but most normal situations that can crash the IDE are covered, like when the UserControl goes into zombie state or start compiling with an instance of the control open at design time. This code doesn't get added to the compiled version (it is automatically excluded).
    2021-04-02 Changed the ToolBoxBitmap.
    2021-04-02 Now property SoftEdges defaults to True, and ShowFocusRect to False.
    2021-04-02 Bug fix in TabMinWidth property.
    2021-04-01 Added BackStyle property.
    2021-02-21 Error message in 'Property Let Tabs' procedure was duplicated.
    2021-02-18 Change in positioning tab caption when it does not fit in height

Addicted Member

Update released:

2021-05-06 Updated documentation
    2021-04-07 Added property AutoTabHeight.
    2021-04-07 The automatic tab width when Style is set to ssStyleTabStrip or when the control is themed and Style is ssStyleTabStrip or ssStylePropertyPage has been changed to add a little space between tabs.
    2021-04-06 Made some minor corrections to the interface with the help of VBCompareInterface and VBCopyInterface - https://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?890861
    2021-04-06 Changed/reorganized folders and files locations.
    2021-04-06 Removed file subclass.cls (GSubclass class), and changed isubclass.cls to cIBSSubclass.cls, mSubclass.bas to mBSSubclass.bas and mPropsDB to mBSPropsDB (These files are all under the 'subclass' folder. Whatch that if you are updating from a previous version in an existing project).
    2021-04-06 Added IDE protection for the subclassing code when it runs in source code. It does not cover all and every situation, but most normal situations that can crash the IDE are covered, like when the UserControl goes into zombie state or start compiling with an instance of the control open at design time. This code doesn't get added to the compiled version (it is automatically excluded).
    2021-04-02 Changed the ToolBoxBitmap.
    2021-04-02 Now property SoftEdges defaults to True, and ShowFocusRect to False.
    2021-04-02 Bug fix in TabMinWidth property.
    2021-04-01 Added BackStyle property.
    2021-02-21 Error message in 'Property Let Tabs' procedure was duplicated.
    2021-02-18 Change in positioning tab caption when it does not fit in height
    Dear Eduardo,

Thanks a TON for your fabulous SSTabEx control. Amazing! Amazing! Amazing! Actually, I have written to you some 15 years back itself and have successfully used your Unicode RichTextBox of those times.

Actually, I got info about your SSTabEx control only a few days back, thanks to Erwin69 who wrote about it here - https://www.vbforums.com/showthread....=1#post5518580. Thank GOD I happened to see it.

I have been using Krool's marvellous controls since 4 years or so. Now, I have started using your SSTabEx control too. Thanks a ton ever to Krool and you.

Kind Regards.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by softv View Post
    Dear Eduardo,

Thanks a TON for your fabulous SSTabEx control. Amazing! Amazing! Amazing! Actually, I have written to you some 15 years back itself and have successfully used your Unicode RichTextBox of those times.

Actually, I got info about your SSTabEx control only a few days back, thanks to Erwin69 who wrote about it here - https://www.vbforums.com/showthread....=1#post5518580. Thank GOD I happened to see it.

I have been using Krool's marvellous controls since 4 years or so. Now, I have started using your SSTabEx control too. Thanks a ton ever to Krool and you.

Kind Regards.
    Thanks for your comments.
    But about the Unicode RichTextBox I think you are confusing me with someone else.

Addicted Member

Dear Eduardo,

Thanks a TON once again for your supreme SSTabEx control. I have no issues even with nested Coolbar controls (with multiple bands) inside one of your tabs. So far I have populated only one tab but it is all working supremely. I just wanted to give you this feedback since you have worked so hard on this control and would like to know in what all scenarios it works PERFECTLY and benefits users.

Well, 2 things I noticed which I wish to bring to your notice. Please see attached image below.

1. You can see two dots (which I have highlighted in yellow color) in the tab with caption "Tab 5". You can see one dot each in the two edges of the tab. This happens during 'mouse hover' over the tab; when the BackColor is set to a dark color; and the 'VisualStyles' is off. In the attached screenshot, the BackColor is set to Black. Kindly let me know if by any way I can avoid the two dots from appearing. The two dots appear when I do 'mouse hover' over the tabs "Label" and "Theme" also but not on the other tabs. In my own project, I tried your SSTabEx with multiple tabs and the two dots appeared in all the tabs at some point of time. As of now, the two dots always appear in the last tab alone, not on other tabs. Of course, these 2 dots appear in the situation I explained above only. i.e. during 'mouse hover' over the tab; when the BackColor is set to a dark color; and the 'VisualStyles' is off. Kindly let me know if by any way I can avoid the two dots from appearing in the situation I have explained.

2. The thickness of the tab separator is lean and elegant between 'Tab 5' and 'Tab 6' but not between 'Label and 'Tab 5'. The tab separator between 'Theme' and 'Frame' is also not lean and elegant. Can all the tab separators be made to look lean and elegant (as the one between 'Tab 5' and 'Tab 6') so that one can have a uniform look.

Attachment 181725

I once again thank you for your SSTabEx control. Absolutely marvellous control with sooo many options. I can keep on thanking you.

Kind regards.

PowerPoster

Hello, the forum has some issues with attached images, could you please re attach the image? Thanks.

Addicted Member

If I click on Attachment 181725 (in my earlier post), it does open and the image does get displayed in a separate window. I attach the same hereunder again (the forum names it as 'Attachment 181726'), anyway. In case it is not getting displayed for you at your end, what shall I do? What is the alternative? It is a JPG image, by the way.

And, by the way, the screenshot the image carries is from your "Group1.vbg" demo application only (supplied in your "SSTabEx-main.zip" file). So, in case you are not able to view the image I have attached, you may kindly just start your "Group1.vbg", change BackColor for the 'SSTabEx1' control in the form 'frmTest' to Black. Make 'VisualStyles' off and mouse hover 'Tab 5' tab or 'Label' tab. You can get to see two dots in Black color at either edge of the 'Tab 5' tab. Hope this helps.

Attachment 181726

Kind Regards.
    Last edited by softv; Jun 26th, 2021 at 12:37 PM.

PowerPoster

No, it doesn't work for me, "invalid attachment" says (any of the links)

In case it is not getting displayed for you at your end, what shall I do?
    When I upload images (in my posts) from the "insert image" icon that is in the post editor toolbar and go to advanced mode and then post the message, the first time I get the error. Then I have to edit the message, remove the image code, and upload the image again, then save the changes to the post. That works.

And, by the way, the screenshot the image carries is from your "Group1.vbg" demo application only (supplied in your "SSTabEx-main.zip" file). So, in case you are not able to view the image I have attached, you may kindly just start your "Group1.vbg", change BackColor for the 'SSTabEx1' control in the form 'frmTest' to Black. Make 'VisualStyles' off and mouse hover 'Tab 5' tab or 'Label' tab. You can get to see two dots in Black color at either edge of the 'Tab 5' tab. Hope this helps.
    I don't notice any issue here:

Name:  SSTe1.jpg
Views: 680
Size:  37.6 KB

Addicted Member

... .. .
    When I upload images (in my posts) from the "insert image" icon that is in the post editor toolbar and go to advanced mode and then post the message, the first time I get the error. Then I have to edit the message, remove the image code, and upload the image again, then save the changes to the post. That works.

I don't notice any issue here:

Name:  SSTe1.jpg
Views: 680
Size:  37.6 KB
    The issue persists in my case. Well, I will try to upload my image hereunder in the way you have suggested. And, coming to the 2nd point, is there any way to make all the tab separator lines to appear uniform in appearance?

Name:  sstabex-1.jpg
Views: 774
Size:  11.1 KB

I see that my image is appearing correctly now, above (i.e. as part of this message itself. No need to click a link). By the by, I am on "Windows 10 Home". Any other details you might need from my end?

One more thing. In my own project (which uses lots of controls [manually added; I don't use the OCX version] from Krool's, the cDlg.cls of yours has public constants which are same as some of the constants used by Krool. So, VB6 complains of ambiguity. So, I needed to remove that cls and the "ptpSSTabExTabs" page file, for the time being. What is the best workaround so that I can have both these files and thus the 'Tabs' tab in your control's 'Properties' sheet (which is extremely useful)?

Kind regards.
    Last edited by softv; Jun 27th, 2021 at 04:09 AM.

PowerPoster

Update released.

All three issues fixed.

Addicted Member

Update released.

All three issues fixed.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you. Thank you sooo much. Very sorry for the delay in response. Because of certain things, I could see your recent message only just a while ago. Immediately after seeing your quoted message, I am replying. Thanks a TON once again, from the bottom of my heart. After working with your latest release, I shall write back again.

Kind regards.

Addicted Member

Update released.

All three issues fixed.
    Dear Eduardo,

Thanks again. I worked with the new release.

1. The 2 dots do not appear. Thanks a lot.
    2. The tab separators are uniform. Thanks a lot. But, they look thick when VisualStyles is OFF. Only when VisualStyles is ON, they look thin and elegant. Is it possible to make them look thin&elegant when VisualStyles is OFF too?
    3. no ambiguity issue due to 'cDlg.cls' constants. Thanks.

However, one thing I noticed in the new release in your demo application. The tab separators are not visible when TabsPerRow = 4 alone (with Tabs Count = 7). Please see screenshot at the end of this message. Is that correct? Or, am I missing something? Anyway, in my own project, I don't have this issue when VisualStyles is ON. But, when VisualStyles is OFF and TabsPerRow < Tabs Count, then for some cases of TabsPerRow (for e.g. TabsPerRow=3 and Tabs Count = 7), the bottom lines of one or two tabs do not appear. For other cases, the bottom lines appear properly. I dont know why.

By the by, I need one additional option, if at all possible. Even when TabOrientation is left or right (i.e. vertical orientation), I should have the additional# option to have the tab captions appear horizontally itself, instead of being tilted 90 degrees. In other words, if "ant", "best best best", "cat", "dog", "egg" are my tab captions for 5 tabs, I should have the additional option to make them appear horizontally itself, even when TabOrientation is left or right. And, "best best best" should be able to wrap in 2 lines (when wrapping is on and width of tab is less to hold "best best best").

(#) the present default case of the captions appearing tilted 90 degrees also I need. The feature I am requesting is an additional option so that using it one can have the captions appear horizontally also.

Kind regards.

Screenshot:
    Name:  sstabex-2.jpg
Views: 717
Size:  13.9 KB

PowerPoster

Dear Eduardo,

Thanks again. I worked with the new release.

1. The 2 dots do not appear. Thanks a lot.
    2. The tab separators are uniform. Thanks a lot. But, they look thick when VisualStyles is OFF. Only when VisualStyles is ON, they look thin and elegant. Is it possible to make them look thin&elegant when VisualStyles is OFF too?
    3. no ambiguity issue due to 'cDlg.cls' constants. Thanks.

However, one thing I noticed in the new release in your demo application. The tab separators are not visible when TabsPerRow = 4 alone (with Tabs Count = 7). Please see screenshot at the end of this message. Is that correct? Or, am I missing something? Anyway, in my own project, I don't have this issue when VisualStyles is ON. But, when VisualStyles is OFF and TabsPerRow < Tabs Count, then for some cases of TabsPerRow (for e.g. TabsPerRow=3 and Tabs Count = 7), the bottom lines of one or two tabs do not appear. For other cases, the bottom lines appear properly. I dont know why.
    Thanks for your reports, they are very helpful!
    Please test now, the issues should be fixed.

By the by, I need one additional option, if at all possible. Even when TabOrientation is left or right (i.e. vertical orientation), I should have the additional# option to have the tab captions appear horizontally itself, instead of being tilted 90 degrees. In other words, if "ant", "best best best", "cat", "dog", "egg" are my tab captions for 5 tabs, I should have the additional option to make them appear horizontally itself, even when TabOrientation is left or right. And, "best best best" should be able to wrap in 2 lines (when wrapping is on and width of tab is less to hold "best best best").

(#) the present default case of the captions appearing tilted 90 degrees also I need. The feature I am requesting is an additional option so that using it one can have the captions appear horizontally also.

Kind regards.
    Yes, I know. But that would take some important work, to add that option and make everything to work right on this already complex control.

I made it this way because I copied exactly what the original SSTab did, but I agree that having the captions rotated is not a good idea.

I don't know if I will ever add that, because in my VB6 projects I never needed it so far.

You could try this control for that.

Addicted Member

Thanks for your reports, they are very helpful!
    Please test now, the issues should be fixed.
    I am quite glad to know that my observations were very helpful. Yes, the issues are fixed and I feel elated. Everything looks supremely wonderful. Just one observation alone which I have explained after all my replies.

I copied exactly what the original SSTab did, but I agree that having the captions rotated is not a good idea.
    I don't know if I will ever add that, because in my VB6 projects I never needed it so far.
    You could try this control for that.
    Yes, when controls are based on the original, I understand the difficulties involved. That's why I wrote "if at all possible" in my earlier message. Thanks for the link to vertical tab by Olaf. Will try it and see.

that would take some important work, to add that option and make everything to work right on this already complex control.
    yes, I am always aware of the extreme and immense complexity involved. that's why I keep marvelling at your control and work. Stupendous. Really.

Well, the attributes set for the tabs' font (name, size, bold, italic, underline, etc.) and the "TabSelFontBold and TabSelForeColor" properties set for the tabs do not get carried forward when the Tabs' orientation is changed from Top to Bottom. Changing to Right or Left orientations preserve the attributes and TabSelForeColor chosen. This is what is happening in my own project. As far as your demo project is concerned, the "TabSelForeColor" property alone is not getting preserved in bottom orientation. Please see screenshots below. Thanks.

Screenshot 1 (top orientation):
    Name:  sstabex-3a.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  17.6 KB

Screenshot 2 (bottom orientation):
    Name:  sstabex-4.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  17.8 KB

Kind regards.
    Last edited by softv; Jul 2nd, 2021 at 04:45 AM.

PowerPoster

Thank you again for your report.
    The issue should be fixed now.

Addicted Member

Thank you again for your report.
    The issue should be fixed now.
    Wow! Lightning-quick update from you. . Wow!
    Well, as far as I have quickly worked with your new release, its all looking great. Supremely great.

Thanks a TON, once again.

Kind regards.

PowerPoster

Thanks a TON, once again.

Kind regards.
    You are welcome!

PowerPoster

Update released!

2021-10-23 improvements regarding disabled state (Enabled = False).

PowerPoster

Update released.

2021-10-27 bug fix in TabVisible property when no visible tab is left, and after that a tab is made visible.

Oh this is great! I got really excited when I saw this pop up on the forum this morning. I do a lot of work in VBA and use the MultiPage control often. This is a great option for projects in VB6. --Thank you!

I was wondering if it would be possible to also modify the tab Orientation to Vertical and Horizontal, like this:
    Attachment 182790
    Attachment 182791

I know it's an unusual request and takes up a lot of screen real estate, but it would be helpful for my project.

Thank you again

PowerPoster

Hello, the images are not displayed due to a forum bug, but if you edit the post and upload the images again they will (hopefully) work.

I don't seem to have the option to edit the post. But I'll try this instead:
    https://i.imgur.com/JdVAGeB.png
    https://i.imgur.com/qKXDJaJ.png

PowerPoster

OK, it is because you are new to the forum.
    BTW, welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by DiveLoop View Post
    I don't seem to have the option to edit the post. But I'll try this instead:
    https://i.imgur.com/JdVAGeB.png
    I don't see much value on that option because vertical text is hard to read.
    The advantage is that you can place many tabs in just one row.

Quote Originally Posted by DiveLoop View Post
    Here there is another control that does that.

I'll keep in mind your requests, but I don't think I'll do that anytime soon (most probably never).

PowerPoster

Update released:
    2021-11-16 important bug fix in TabVisible property

This bug was introduced on July 1, 2021.
    All people that downloaded the control from July 1, 2021 to November 16, 2021, should update, specially if the use the TabVisible property on their projects.

Lively Member

Moving to Win11 but have problem with SSTabEx property showing as picturebox. Of course this breaks my tab strip!

This is only happening within the IDE but if I move the .exe that was compiled under Win10 to the Win11 (running in a VM), the compiled .exe runs fine

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by KenHorse View Post
    Moving to Win11 but have problem with SSTabEx property showing as picturebox. Of course this breaks my tab strip!

This is only happening within the IDE but if I move the .exe that was compiled under Win10 to the Win11 (running in a VM), the compiled .exe runs fine
    I suppose the issue must be that you need to register the OCX file on Windows 11.

Lively Member

I suppose the issue must be that you need to register the OCX file on Windows 11.

It is registered, as demonstrated by the application that uses it, runs properly as an .exe, no?

Lively Member

Just to be certain, I used regsvr32 to register TabExCtl.ocx from the same directory it is called from within the VB6 IDE (it was successful) and still the same problem - it shows under Properties as a PictureBox not as SSTabEx. In fact, when I load the midi form that uses it, the error log reports

Line 2: Could not create reference: '{831FDD16-0C5C-11D2-A9FC-0000F8754DA1}#2.1#0'.
    Line 59: Class TabDlg.SSTabEx2 of control SSTabEx2 was not a loaded control class.
    Line 65: The property name _ExtentX in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 66: The property name _ExtentY in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 67: The property name _Version in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 68: The property name Style in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 69: The property name Tabs in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 70: The property name TabsPerRow in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 71: The property name TabHeight in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 72: The property name WordWrap in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 83: The property name TabCaption(0) in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 84: The property name TabPicture(0) in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 85: The property name Tab(0).ControlEnabled in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 86: The property name Tab(0).ControlCount in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 87: The property name TabCaption(1) in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 88: The property name TabPicture(1) in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 89: The property name Tab(1).ControlEnabled in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 90: The property name Tab(1).ControlCount in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 91: The property name TabCaption(2) in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 92: The property name TabPicture(2) in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 93: The property name Tab(2).ControlEnabled in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 94: The property name Tab(2).ControlCount in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 95: The property name TabCaption(3) in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 96: The property name TabPicture(3) in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 97: The property name Tab(3).ControlEnabled in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 98: The property name Tab(3).ControlCount in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 99: The property name TabCaption(4) in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 100: The property name TabPicture(4) in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 101: The property name Tab(4).ControlEnabled in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 102: The property name Tab(4).ControlCount in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 103: The property name TabCaption(5) in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 104: The property name TabPicture(5) in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 105: The property name Tab(5).ControlEnabled in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 106: The property name Tab(5).ControlCount in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 107: The property name TabCaption(6) in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 108: The property name TabPicture(6) in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 109: The property name Tab(6).ControlEnabled in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 110: The property name Tab(6).ControlCount in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 111: The property name TabCaption(7) in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 112: The property name TabPicture(7) in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 113: The property name Tab(7).ControlEnabled in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 114: The property name Tab(7).ControlCount in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 115: The property name TabCaption(8) in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 116: The property name TabPicture(8) in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 117: The property name Tab(8).ControlEnabled in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 118: The property name Tab(8).ControlCount in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 119: The property name TabCaption(9) in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 120: The property name TabPicture(9) in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 121: The property name Tab(9).ControlEnabled in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 122: The property name Tab(9).ControlCount in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 123: The property name TabCaption(10) in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 124: The property name TabPicture(10) in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 125: The property name Tab(10).ControlEnabled in SSTabEx2 is invalid.
    Line 126: The property name Tab(10).ControlCount in SSTabEx2 is invalid.

PowerPoster

It is registered, as demonstrated by the application that uses it, runs properly as an .exe, no?
    Then you used one ocx compilation for your exe and later another ocx (possibly another version) in the project.
    I believe that you compiled your ocx yourself some time ago, so you are not using the compiled version that is on GitHub...

Line 2: Could not create reference: '{831FDD16-0C5C-11D2-A9FC-0000F8754DA1}#2.1#0'.
    As a first attempt, open the *.vbp file with Notepad, and replace:

Code:
    {831FDD16-0C5C-11D2-A9FC-0000F8754DA1}#2.1
    with.

Code:
    {831FDD16-0C5C-11D2-A9FC-0000F8754DA1}#1.0
    Save the file, and try to open it in the IDE.

If it didn't work, then:

Open VB6 IDE, start a new project, go to menu Project, Components and select the SSTabEx, add a SSTabEx control to Form1, save the project, and open the Project1.vbp with Notepad, and copy the line that is referencing the ocx, for example:

Code:
    Object={EA478B61-D9EC-47F6-BB21-95A533AF2251}#1.0#0; TabExC01.ocx
    Then open with Notepad your project's vbp file (first make a backup copy) and replace the line that is referencing the old ocx with the new, save.

Do the same with the form (each form that is using the control), first copy the line from Form1 of the new project, and replace the line referencing the ocx in your project form files, for example:

Code:
    Object = "{EA478B61-D9EC-47F6-BB21-95A533AF2251}#1.0#0"; "TabExC01.ocx"
    Also, on each form replace the control type information with the correct one (also with Notepad), for example:

Code:
    Begin TabExCtl.SSTabEx SSTabEx1
    That's it, save and open your project in the IDE.

PowerPoster

Just to be certain, I used regsvr32 to register TabExCtl.ocx from the same directory it is called from within the VB6 IDE (it was successful) and still the same problem - it shows under Properties as a PictureBox not as SSTabEx. In fact, when I load the midi form that uses it, the error log reports
    If you first made your own ocx compilation, and later you want to use my "official" ocx compilation, then for VB6 they are two different controls.

To fix that, do the steps outlined in the second part of my previous message.

Lively Member

Nope, still not working.

Again, I am running Win11 in a virtual machine (Oracle VirtualBox)
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast