Thread: any way for replace webbrowser in vb6 can support css3+ or js like chrome or firefox

Post any way for replace webbrowser in vb6 can support css3+ or js like chrome or firefox

hi,i have a html file or html code with simple css3 codes,when i am using web browser in vb6 so iknow my codes run in internet explorer used in windows,so my codes not work in web browser on form because in my source code used animations or other html code like css3 codes can not support on ie but can run on firefox or chrome,i have this problem with run java script codes too,any idea to can use better browser in my app?like as chrome or firefox browser in my app or other ocx or user control or ... ?

maybe webkit in cairo(rc5) work ? or another webkit controls? if rc5 and webkit can help me any body here have sample source code for us in rc5?

if not possible ,i can see used QT in other apps like telegram or ...,any controls like QT can use in vb6?
    Last edited by Black_Storm; Jan 25th, 2018 at 03:16 AM.

Re: any way for replace webbrowser in vb6 can support css3+ or js like chrome or fire

Yeah, for what ever reason, the WB that VB uses is "locked" at IE6/7 compatibility, despite what ever version is actually installed on the computer. There is a registry setting you can update to enable the more modern functionality. If you search the forums for WebBrowser Registry Compatibility Setting you should find a few threads, the answer should be in one of them somewhere.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

PowerPoster

Re: any way for replace webbrowser in vb6 can support css3+ or js like chrome or fire

See the IE topic Internet Feature Controls (B..C):

Browser Emulation

Windows Internet Explorer 8 and later. The FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION feature defines the default emulation mode for Internet Explorer and supports the following values...
    Since this is in the HKCU registry hive a program can choose the setting it needs without requiring elevation.

The registry setting contains the EXE name, so you'd probably want to detect IDE runs to either use VB6.EXE or your program's EXE name. For IDE runs should also remove the setting at the end of each run, or else have a cleanup operation you could invoke to remove it.

This is pretty old news.