I make a living from my apps written in VB6, it is the most important part of my bussiness. Becuase of that, since MS has threatened to drop support for vb6 I have been looking for a replacement. I have looked at almost every possible vb6 replacement that is cross platform.

In recent weeks a fellow developer made me aware of PureBasic. A cross platform Basic style compiler and IDE. Event though im not an OOP disciple I did miss classes but luckily found a plugin SimpleOOP which integrates classes into PureBasic ( and along the way I now under stand how C++ evolved from c to include classes structs with vTables)

The main thing the PureBasic GUI IDe is lacking is the RAD double clicking on a control to add code. Some of the BASIC syntax is a bit different but pretty close to vb6.

Here is my point to bring this up to you guys.

I encourage all to go have a look. I think (olaf correct me) that vbrichclient may even work in purebasic.

I think if a simple gui plugin is written for easy event editing in GUI like VB6, purebasic could be the cross platform vb6 we have always wanted.

We have a really BIG vb6 community here and I think if many of us moved to pureBasic, our obsolete issue will be solved, not to mention our dependence on MS.

I do think if many of us are going to move to PureBasic it still needs one plugin to make it more like VB6, and that is the reason I am posting it here.

Thanks for your time.