Thread: arabic in vb 6 and crystal reports 8

arabic in vb 6 and crystal reports 8

hello experts
    may be this question is very old, i have an application developed in VB 6 and reports are in Crystal Reports 8.0
    I want to add Arabic option in the application,
    At data entry text box accepting Arabic characters and they are also saved in database (SQL Server 2008), when i am trying to retrieve record back in vb form or print any reports its show ?????????? instead of arabic characters.
    Please if anyone can guide me in right direction,
    regads

Imran

Addicted Member

Re: arabic in vb 6 and crystal reports 8

You need to change the language for non-unicode programs from regional settings to Arabic.
    In Windows XP open Control Panel, Regional settings, language options, Advanced, Choose Arabic from the language for non-unicode combo box.
    In Winodws 7, same as above but this time Administrative instead of Advanced and click on the Change system locale... button and then choose Arabic from the combo box.
    later windows are almost similar to Windows 7.

You will need to restart the PC for the changes to take place.

Quote Originally Posted by labmany View Post
    You need to change the language for non-unicode programs from regional settings to Arabic.
    In Windows XP open Control Panel, Regional settings, language options, Advanced, Choose Arabic from the language for non-unicode combo box.
    In Winodws 7, same as above but this time Administrative instead of Advanced and click on the Change system locale... button and then choose Arabic from the combo box.
    later windows are almost similar to Windows 7.

You will need to restart the PC for the changes to take place.
    thanks for your reply, if i change the regional setting my date format will change and turns to Islamic calendar, this will generate error in program as application checks the date at the beginning, more over it is distributed app if I change setting on development machine and distribute EXE file to all users will it work or all users should change the regional settings ?

regards,
    Imran

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by ihsyed View Post
    thanks for your reply, if i change the regional setting my date format will change and turns to Islamic calendar, this will generate error in program as application checks the date at the beginning, more over it is distributed app if I change setting on development machine and distribute EXE file to all users will it work or all users should change the regional settings ?

regards,
    Imran
    Date format won't change at all as you do not change location and/or date format, you just change the language for non unicode programs.
    And yes, all users of your app should change in the same too, you can include it as a tip/troubleshooting in your help/readme file with your app.