Thread: SImple Bluetooth app?

Question SImple Bluetooth app?

I'm looking for an extremely simple, fully functioning app/code that will detect and list Bluetooth devices in range. Simply want an app that as a visible text control and a refresh button. Click the button and the text control lists the bluetooth devices it finds in range.

Easy?
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (I wrote: C Programming in One Hour a Day) (Dad Jokes Book) (Follow me on Twitter)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Re: SImple Bluetooth app?

Did you manage to get this sorted btw ? I can try... I love to try out challenging tasks.

Also, is this required to be done in visual basic ? What device would you like this to be done for, do you have mac, windows, etc ? Thank you

PowerPoster

Posted in the IoT forum so not a Mac, unlikely Windows (Win IoT isn't really a thing anymore, not that it really ever was - Win 10 IoT Core seems to deprecate devices after a year or even less).

But easy enough on a PC, see: http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...etooth-devices

Cool. Thanks!

I'm interested in a windows solution for now, but will eventually be looking at other options (embedded solution on a micro-device). I'll take a look at your (Dilettante) solution after the Christmas holiday to see if it is what I was looking for as as starting point.

As a note, I have a few devices I picked up from Cypress Perform. I'm hoping to build a little "system on a chip" solution that uses bluetooth (or something similar) to exchange a little bit of information. Step 1, however, is figuring out how to spot bluetooth devices. Then I'll work to narrow down finding the devices my app/solution is interested in seeing....

Thanks!

Brad!
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (I wrote: C Programming in One Hour a Day) (Dad Jokes Book) (Follow me on Twitter)

--------------------------------------------------------------