Thread: [RESOLVED] Run-time error '372 - MSCOMCTL.OCX in Windows 7

Threaded View

Addicted Member

[RESOLVED] Run-time error '372 - MSCOMCTL.OCX in Windows 7

I now have the same problem, but the iconsize can't be the problem, what is different from before is that I now use 32bit icons instead of everything in 8bit. But it works on my machine (but it's a completely updated machine).
    I have downloaded the latest VB6 SP6 security roll up and redistributed the OCX, but at this moment it doesn't seem to fix it.
    Also the fix with msdatsrc.tlb did not work.
    But the customer was using autoupdate for windows (same version as I'm running W7 SP1 x64), but when we were opening windows update manually it had a big red cross and was complaining it couldn't update to windows 10, the last succesfull update was 16-april-2016 (and it is 06-october-2017 at the moment of writing).. Some other files like oleaut32.dll/olepro32.dll were older versions as we have.
    So now he's updating his machine, and hopefully that fixes it, otherwise I have no idea, other than needing to do a recompile with the icons downgraded to 8bit, because that's the only difference compared to other screens also using an imagelist..
    Last resort would be to just ditch the OCX and use the code-version which is developed and available through this forum.
    Last edited by SuperDre; Oct 6th, 2017 at 02:46 PM.