Becouse when run my program it come like this:

Name:  c04511657.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  22.0 KB

Thank you

await your response

Banned

Re: How can Add certification verified publisher

u cant add certificate your self , this is to prevent people from installing virus.
    windows checks if the software is safe to install ,bla bla long story , if i fake it then i can make people install virus.
    Last edited by jhon_wats; Sep 2nd, 2017 at 08:35 AM.

Frenzied Member

Search Google for "code signing certificate" to find a provider - it will cost money, but once your identity is verified, you can sign your software and installer with a purchased certificate and it will appear on the UAC window when users run your installer.

PowerPoster

When you have signed code all it does is raise a dialog saying that the publisher is XXX and has been verified as such.

Only a fool will assume that this means the software is safe to allow to run. Users are supposed to READ that text and decide whether they actually trust XXX. Certificates are far too easy to obtain anymore so in themselves they mean ALMOST NOTHING today.

Frenzied Member

Signed installers and code can help with preventing false positives from some antivirus software, so there's that at least.

Some IT people will demand a signed installer (or at least fire off an email to you questioning the provenance of an unsigned installer you've sent them, requiring additional support resources).

There's no doubt it's a bit of a racket, but I find it's easier to pony up and sign everything I build. It certainly doesn't add any problems, but it does cost money.

PowerPoster

Well there is one thing they still do. At least you have an assurance that the file was not tampered with after it was signed.

That's about the only value, though that might be enough in some cases. I doubt antivirus software even considers it anymore. The bar is just too low now. You can almost make up any fake company name you want as long as you fork over the money.

Frenzied Member

At least one AV vendor considers it as of a month or so ago. I accidentally broke my automated build process after moving everything over to Windows 10, and I distributed an unsigned installer to a customer for testing. Update was blocked/quarantined by AV software that shall remain nameless. Fixed the build process and sent the exact same software to the customer (but signed this time). No issues with the signed build.

IMHO, we should just all go portable and entirely self-contained in the executable for distribution. But I know there are wildly differing opinions about this.

Best Regards,
    Elroy
    Any software I post in these forums written by me is provided “AS IS” without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, and permission is hereby granted, free of charge and without restriction, to any person obtaining a copy. Please understand that I’ve been programming since the mid-1970s and still have some of that code. My contemporary VB6 project is approaching 1,000 modules. In addition, I have a “VB6 random code folder” that is overflowing. I’ve been at this long enough to truly not know with absolute certainty from whence every single line of my code has come, with much of it coming from programmers under my employ who signed intellectual property transfers. I have not deliberately attempted to remove any licenses and/or attributions from any software. If someone finds that I have inadvertently done so, I sincerely apologize, and, upon notice and reasonable proof, will re-attach those licenses and/or attributions. To all, peace and happiness.

Hyperactive Member

Re: Code Signing Certificates

Search Google for "code signing certificate" to find a provider - it will cost money, but once your identity is verified, you can sign your software and installer with a purchased certificate and it will appear on the UAC window when users run your installer.
    You need a code signing certificate. I've been doing this for years; let me save you lots of time and research. The cheapest place you'll find these, coupled with the best support is K Software:

http://codesigning.ksoftware.net/

I used to go directly to Comodo for my certificates and they cost much more, usage instructions were complex, and support was very difficult to get. K-Software buys a bulk amount of these from Comodo so they can get them cheaper. They have detailed instructions on their site as to how to add the signature to your EXE and installer. They also provide a free utility called K-Sign which does this for you. And if you have questions you'll get immediate and thorough support. I can't recommend them enough!
    Last edited by AAraya; Sep 2nd, 2017 at 02:14 PM.

IMHO, I prefer the self-signed certificate (at zero cost).

Maintains the same characteristics of file integrity and protection for the user.

The only annoyance is to educate the user, teach him what a certificate is and how to install mine in his Windows store (certmgr). User downloads my CA public key cert (to my name) from my website domain (to my name, see WHOIS, and where I give the face), together with my self-signed software.

As colleagues say, anyone can get a fake certificate by paying and uploading signed malware to dozens of software portals without compromising their true identity.

Then, I ask: why to pay people who do not contribute anything to our work?

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by enribuz View Post
    As colleagues say, anyone can get a fake certificate by paying and uploading signed malware to dozens of software portals without compromising their true identity.

Then, I ask: why to pay people who do not contribute anything to our work?
    Maybe to prevent unknowledged customers having to install your own CA Public Cert into their windows store (certmgr), having to explain that to customers costs more than just buying a certificate from a certified publisher.
    Ofcourse if you only have a couple of customers it might not be a problem, but if you have thousands, it'll start to get rather annoying.

And at least one Antivirus application that checks it, is Trend Micro, you can't even delete a couple of files from your executable (in succession) without Trend Micro removing your vb6 app.
    They have put the microsoft vb6.exe (SP6) onto their internal whitelist as even that one was removed if you run code from it.