Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installing the VB6 IDE on Windows 10 - 64 bit.

Installing the VB6 IDE on Windows 10 - 64 bit.

(last edited 11/25/2020)

Before Starting

If you have previously attempted and failed to install the VB6 IDE on your computer, you may want to take a look at Dan Brust's blog. It has a fairly comprehensive list of all the places (including the registry) where the VB6 IDE places critical things.

Quickly look over the Glossary part of this thread (next post).

You should be logged into your computer with an account that's a local administrator.

During the installation, you may want to turn off UAC in your registry. However, turning it off in Control Panel may be adequate. If you wish to completely disable the UAC (via registry), this post by one of our moderators instructions you on how to do it. That post was written with reference to Windows Vista, but it still works for Windows 10. Just as a further FYI on this one, some claim that there is no need for this, and that Windows 10 will install the VB6 IDE just fine without tampering with the UAC settings (see post #28 below).

During the installation, you may also want to disable any virus scanner (including Windows Defender). If you're nervous about your particular copy of the VB6 IDE, I'd highly recommend that you scan all the individual files before starting the installation. However, I've never known of any virus type problems with the VB6 IDE that came off of legitimate copies of the Microsoft CDs.

You will want to make a zero-byte file named MSJAVA.DLL and then copy it to your C:\Windows folder. This is a very old DLL that hasn't been used for many years, but the VB6 IDE install disks still attempt to install it. It's entirely unnecessary. Also, apparently, not all versions of the VB6 IDE have this Java issue. However, during installation you should be sure to un-check the "Update Microsoft Virtual Machine for Java" checkbox. That option is entirely unnecessary. (Also, as an alternative, you may want to look at Krool's post #65 in this thread.)

Getting Started with Installation

When you get to the "Options", you should always select "Custom". Once there, you should always highlight the "Data Access" option and click the "Change Options" button. Once in that section, select the "ADO, RDS, and OLE DB Providers" option, and click "Change Options" again. Once into that level, un-check the "ADO and RDS" option. There is absolutely no need for this, as contemporary data accessing options are pre-installed on Windows 10. Also, selecting this option causes certain other problems.

As far as I know, all the other options can be installed at your discretion.

With respect to the MSDN, I haven't heard of any problems getting it installed. It's your discretion whether or not you install it. However, if you don't, your F1 help within the IDE will not be available.

After VB6 IDE is Initially Installed

Once the VB6 IDE is initially installed, you should immediately install the VB6 Cumulative Service Pack 6 (SP6). It's still available from Microsoft and can be downloaded here. As a note, SP6 is a "cumulative" update. As such you need not be concerned with SP5 or any earlier VB6 service pack.

There are differing opinions regarding the shims (compatibility settings) that are needed to execute the VB6 IDE for development purposes. Some say to use the "Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)" compatibility, and also check the "Run as Administrator" box. However, Dilettante has discussed these issues in detail on this thread. It's worth a read. And, you may need to know that the actual VB6.EXE executable is found in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\VB98 folder.

Some have also reported problems with a TypeLib named msdatsrc.tlb. On Windows 10 64-bit, this should be found in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder. The way I've solved this problem is to open a Command window (Run, CMD), navigate to this C:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder, and then register this TypeLib with a command similar to the following: regtlib msdatsrc.tlb (Just as an FYI, this msdatsrc.tlb should be found in the C:\Windows\System32 folder on 32-bit Windows systems.) Other discussions of this msdatsrc.tlb file can be found here and here.

Another problem (and nice fix) is as follows. On later versions of Windows, you occasionally get a "Method '~' of object '~' failed" message when starting the IDE. This is just a glitch that sometimes happens and can virtually always be ignored with no harm. However, if you get tired of it, you can go into the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\VB98 folder and rename (or delete) the file named DATAVIEW.DLL. This is an old way to view old databases from within the VB6 IDE, and is extremely seldom used in contemporary development. This isn't the only thing that causes the "Method '~' of object '~' failed" message, but my guess is that it's responsible for more than 90% of them, and this simple rename completely stomps out the issue.

VB6 IDE Limitations/Problems
    (This list is limited to problems introduced with Windows 10, mostly.)

Actually, this first problem has existed ever since mouse-wheels were introduced. The VB6 IDE doesn't natively support the mouse-wheel. However, there are a few different systray type programs that fix this problem. The X-Mouse Button Control is a particularly good solution to this. (Thanks to Dilettante for this find.) Set up a "Layer" for VB6 with "Scroll Method: Method 1" and you're good to go (and works perfect in a split code window). Other options are listed below (and elsewhere in these forums).

When in design mode, the control resize handles don't necessarily work correctly. This is particularly true when multiple controls are selected. However, it's also sometimes true for single controls. Also, for some strange reason, the exact behavior of these control handles doesn't seem to always be consistent from one VB6 IDE execution to the next. And the handles (small squares) are placed on the desktop rather than confined to the VB6 forms. And related, the selection rectangle also doesn't always work correctly; specifically, it's just sometimes gone.

When loading a very large project (and sometimes on smaller ones too), the VB6 IDE will hang during the project's loading process. Typically, killing the IDE from task manager and then re-loading the project will work fine. Fortunately, once a project is loaded, the VB6 IDE seems to be quite stable (unless, of course, you're using API calls incorrectly or ending during subclassing, but those things have given the IDE problems regardless of the OS version).

Additional Resources for Installing the VB6 IDE

Giorgio Brausi's VB6 IDE installer.
    Article by Derek Wirch.
    Raymond's page on installing VB6 on Windows 10

Contributors
    (VbForum handles)

VB6 Programming, DataMiser, Arnoutdv, TysonLPrice, AAraya, Dilettante, Spooman, SamOscarBrown, Victor Bravo VI.
    Last edited by Elroy; Nov 25th, 2020 at 02:47 PM.
    Any software I post in these forums written by me is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, and permission is hereby granted, free of charge and without restriction, to any person obtaining a copy. To all, peace and happiness.

Re: Installing the VB6 IDE on Windows 10 - 64 bit.

A Short Glossary

Integrated Development Environment (IDE): This is just the VB6 development program (what you're installing). Experienced programmers tend to call it the VB6 IDE, or just the IDE.

Different IDE Versions: There are several versions of the VB6 IDE: Learning, Professional, & Enterprise. Also, there is Visual Studio 6, which includes VB6. The version you most want to stay away from is the Learning edition, as it does not allow the compiling of your project into an executable. Also, if you're working with Visual Studio 6, it has a slightly different version of the cumulative Service Pack 6. At present, I don't have a link for this Visual Studio 6 service pack.

Local Administrator (or just Administrator): On a stand-alone computer, there are two types of accounts: 1) Standard User, and 2) Administrator. To install the VB6 IDE, you should be logged in with an Administrator account. If the computer is on a network, things get more complex. When on a network, there are levels to what an administrator can do. In the simplest of terms, you can thing of a Local Administrator and/or a Network Administrator. A Local Administrator is basically an administrator on the local computer. That's what we need to install the VB6 IDE.

Elevated: This is just another way of saying to "Run as Administrator". I've got no idea why there's dual language, but even Microsoft seems to be using this "Elevated" language. Within Windows itself, the terminology seems to mostly be "Administrator" rather than "Elevated".

User Account Control (UAC): This is a system that was implemented in Windows Vista. It is an attempt by Windows to keep certain (possibly malicious) files from getting installed onto your system, or possibly modifying existing files on your system. However, this UAC system will often get in the way of a good installation of the VB6 IDE. And, under some circumstances, it may get in the way of the VB6 IDE running correctly.

Shim Infrastructure (or just "shim"): This is Window's compatibility infrastructure that allows older programs to execute on the latest versions of Windows. They are called "shims" because they are small pieces of code that insert themselves between executables (such as the VB6.EXE), and Windows. There are many of them, but groups of them are easily found (and set) by right-clicking any executable, clicking "Properties", and then clicking the "Compatibility" tab.

Manifest: This is an advanced topic for which understanding isn't needed to get a good installation of the VB6 IDE.

Systray: This is the small area on the lower-right of your computer screen. It contains small icons that do special chores.

Context Menu: This is the "drop-down" menu that you often get when you right-click something.
    Last edited by Elroy; Aug 30th, 2017 at 06:20 PM.
    Any software I post in these forums written by me is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, and permission is hereby granted, free of charge and without restriction, to any person obtaining a copy. To all, peace and happiness.

Frenzied Member

I'd recommend Gibra's utility for installing VB6 on Windows 7,8 and 10
    http://nuke.vbcorner.net/

And also Derek Wirch's article
    https://www.fortypoundhead.com/showc...sp?artid=23993

PowerPoster

The Enterprise version does not have the java issue.
    Just need to custom install and under data access uncheck the ado/ole/rds option
    once installed set the IDE to run as admin
    should work fine

On other version once past the java message should be the same as above.

I'm all with DataMiser, but used the Professional edition.
    Then installed MSDN CD1, CD2
    All as administrator

About the Service Packs, I believe I only installed SP6 (B) Vs6sp6B.exe [2005-11-03, 27.165KB]
    It seems the latest is located here:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=7030

I run the IDE as administrator and no shims or whatsoever.
    Last edited by Arnoutdv; Aug 25th, 2017 at 09:11 AM.

Thanks for starting this Thread. As an aside, please be sure to describe for newbies (as MOST questions on how to get VB6 working come from the inexperienced) terms used. Like UAC, shim, manifest, or other not-so-obvious terms. Not only define, but HOW TO would be helpful for many.

Again, thanks for starting this.

@Sam: Will do. As I'm editing, I'm thinking about those things. I'll eventually describe everything in a fairly high-level of detail. I just wanted to get the ball rolling. Eventually, I'll outline specific steps for most things. However, we do have to draw a line somewhere. For instance, I don't feel inclined to explain what a local administrator is, or how to navigate to different folders.

Quote Originally Posted by SamOscarBrown View Post
    Thanks for starting this Thread. As an aside, please be sure to describe for newbies (as MOST questions on how to get VB6 working come from the inexperienced) terms used. Like UAC, shim, manifest, or other not-so-obvious terms. Not only define, but HOW TO would be helpful for many.

Again, thanks for starting this.
    This is a good example of that:

Code:
    However, during installation you should be sure to un-check the ado/ole/rds option.
    Un-checking that requires drilling down a menu at a certain point. You can see that in this link:

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/install-...hine-for-java/

I'm thinking we should keep it in the contruct of:

Installing the VB6 IDE on Windows 10 - 64 bit - For Dummies

I also thank you for starting the thread.
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

Hyperactive Member

To get the mouse wheel working in the IDE follow these steps:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...38700a5?auth=1

It's for an older version of Windows but works great on Win10, 64 bit.

PowerPoster

I wouldn't rely on any of the OS "Compatibility Modes" because these bags of shims contain little that the VB6 IDE needs and OS version-lie shims you do not want.

Version-lies are pointless if you are writing a new program. They just block your ability to use lots of new APIs and can even break new behaviors in older APIs.

The VirtualizeDesktopPainting shim however is very useful in avoiding most of the IDE Designer problems caused by the Desktop Window Manager which can't be turned off anymore ("disable Aero").

You may also want the DPI Aware shim if you are serious about coping in the modern world.

See Win10 AppCompat VB6 IDE
    Last edited by dilettante; Aug 25th, 2017 at 11:36 AM.

Elroy

Agreed.
    Great idea for a CodeBank thread.

BTW, re AA's mouse-wheel issue..
    I got mine to work, except in the Locals Window .. boo.

EDIT-1:

As for Sammi's suggestion ..
    As an aside, please be sure to describe for newbies (as MOST questions on how to get VB6 working come from the inexperienced) terms used.
    .. please add this to the list: bork.

Spoo
    Last edited by Spooman; Aug 25th, 2017 at 02:04 PM.

Hi Spoo,

Ohhh, so you like my "borked" word? I particularly like UrbanDictionary's definition for "borked" (not "bork"). I'd give it here, but these forums are cleaner than UrbanDictionary.

Also, when I feel the OP is relatively complete, I'll just ask the moderators to move the entire thread into the VB6 FAQ area. I think that's a better place for it than the codebank.

Happy Friday,
    Elroy

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    @Sam: Will do. As I'm editing, I'm thinking about those things. I'll eventually describe everything in a fairly high-level of detail. I just wanted to get the ball rolling. Eventually, I'll outline specific steps for most things. However, we do have to draw a line somewhere. For instance, I don't feel inclined to explain what a local administrator is, or how to navigate to different folders.
    Then how would gennnnnnna ever figure it out? ~smile~

I have one quick question, I must assume that some if not all of you have successfully installed this on Win10. Are we just talking about VB6 or VS6. My installation disks are VS6 Enterprise.

If you were successful with your installation did you have any issues running the IDE or deploying the executables to other WIN10 PC's.

This is a great thread. Hopefully I can make some discoveries and add to the exchange.

gibra

No problems with VS 6.0 EE. I use it.
    All my VS6Installer 4.x videos (english and italian language) was made using exactly the VS 6.0 EE (both english and italian version).
    See my sign...

emp

Good question.
    I for one am at least talking about VB6.
    I'm not sure about VS6 (which I assume is Visual Studio). I'm not sure what the distinction is.

But seeing as you got me going, I can mention that I've had a problem loading SP6.
    While the app that I wrote on my XP box and copied to my Win10 box works just fine, I have this
    on my Win10 box:

Name:  vb6.png
Views: 52131
Size:  8.1 KB

On my XP box, the top line reads

Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0 (SP5)

I thought for sure that I had SP6, but you induced me to put on my glasses, and it's only SP5.

I wonder if that is why my attempt on my Win10 box doesn't show ANY SP.
    Do I need to get SP5 before trying to get SP6?

Spoo

somebody further up in the thread talks about installing SP5. In my experience on older windows versions SP5 was needed.

When I run VS6 (yes its Visual Studio 6) in Win7 I must run in compatibility mode and do a whole lot of stuff as administrator. I have not successfully deployed an executable built on one Win7 machine to another without moving and registering the .ocx's mentioned above, then still I cannot call it a complete success.

No, SP6 is a cumulative service pack, no need to install older versions first
    And please don't clutter this thread with the discussion of anything else but installing VB6 on Windows 10 64bit

Arno

Do you consider questions regarding installing SP6 to be "off topic"?

Spoo

@Arnoutdv...IF you are referring to someone's VS6, then that should be on topic...as VB6 can be shipped with VS6 (the one I own is part of VS6). And SP6, which SHOULD be used for VB6, is also not off topic, as that is one piece needed (IMHO). But, I don't want to start/continue an argument...but I would think the VS6 and VB6 should be included as one IF the person is planning on only using the VB6 portion of that installation. I Install all of Visual Studio 6.0, but only use VB6 at present.
    Just sayin'.

Sammi

Sam, but then VS deserves it's own thread.
    Spoo, no the service packs are part of VB

Hyperactive Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    Once the VB6 IDE is initially installed, you should immediately install the VB6 Cumulative Service Pack 6 (SP6). It's still available from Microsoft and can be downloaded here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnoutdv View Post
    About the Service Packs, I believe I only installed SP6 (B) Vs6sp6B.exe [2005-11-03, 27.165KB]
    It seems the latest is located here:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=7030
    According to this thread, that VB6 SP6 Cumulative Update should be avoided.

EDIT

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Bravo VI View Post
    Here is an alternative way of bypassing the MS JVM requirement:

Normally, the installation cannot proceed unless the Java checkbox is ticked.

However, if the Next button is forcibly enabled (using whatever tool at your disposal),

the installer will pop up this message after the now enabled Next button is clicked.

Just click OK to dismiss the message and installation can now continue.

EDIT

Here's some code you can compile beforehand in case you don't have any utility that can enable/disable arbitrary windows:

Code:
    Option Explicit 'In a standard (.BAS) module

Private Declare Function EnableWindow Lib "user32.dll" (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal bEnable As Long) As Long
    Private Declare Function FindWindowExW Lib "user32.dll" (Optional ByVal hWndParent As Long, Optional ByVal hWndChildAfter As Long, Optional ByVal lpszClass As Long, Optional ByVal lpszWindow As Long) As Long

Private Sub Main()
        Dim hWnd As Long, sText As String

sText = InputBox("Enter Window Title:", , "Installation Wizard for Visual Studio 6.0 Enterprise Edition")
        If LenB(sText) = 0& Then Exit Sub

hWnd = FindWindowExW(, , StrPtr("#32770"), StrPtr(sText))
        If hWnd = 0& Then Exit Sub

sText = InputBox("Enter Button Caption:", , "&Next >")
        If LenB(sText) = 0& Then Exit Sub

hWnd = FindWindowExW(hWnd, , StrPtr("Button"), StrPtr(sText))
        If hWnd = 0& Then Exit Sub

EnableWindow hWnd, -True
    End Sub
    Last edited by Victor Bravo VI; Feb 18th, 2021 at 08:05 AM.

Sam, but then VS deserves it's own thread.
    No more argument. Have a great Sunday!

Spoo, no the service packs are part of VB
    Ditto Sammi.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Bravo VI View Post
    According to this thread, that VB6 SP6 Cumulative Update should be avoided.
    VB

Good link, especially post #19 by dilletante
    Hopefully he'll hop on board this thread

Post #17 .. well, that's another matter ..

Spoo

Ok, checking in just for a second before I take a day-trip.

Here's a change I made to the OP:

As a note, SP6 is a "cumulative" update. As such you need not be concerned with SP5 or any earlier VB6 service pack.
    Also, of my several licenses, one is VS6. I've used it somewhat recently, but not on Win10. However, from everything I can remember, it works precisely the same way that VB6 installations do. If there are any special notes I need to add regarding VS6 (as opposed to VB6), I'd be delighted to add them. However, I think everything we say about VB6 will be precisely the same for VS6.

Best Regards,
    Elroy

Just bumping this thread a bit to get some final comments before asking to have it moved to the FAQ section.

Also, one point I don't have perfect clarity on with respect to installing the VB6 IDE on Win10-64bit is the UAC.
    • Do people feel the UAC should be turned off in the registry during installation, or is turning it off in control panel adequate?
    • When running the VB6 IDE, what setting should we use for the UAC?

PowerPoster

There is no reason to mess with UAC at all.

Just run the installation process elevated, and then sure that the IDE itself always runs elevated.

There is really only one thing new about installing and using VB6 in Windows 10 compared to Vista, and the advice about elevation is what Microsoft published back in 2006.

If anything installing on 64-bit Windows is easier now. In Windows 7 they added a heuristic that recognizes the 16-bit bootstrapper used by the VB/VS 6 packages and silently substitutes a 32-bit ACME unpacker. For Vista 64 you had to go to a 32-bit machine and unpack the installer yourself then carry those files to the 64-bit machine.

When it is elevated to FAQ, will "Reply to Thread" posts be possible?

My guess is NO (looking at other FAQ entries)
    It seems to me that some feedback feature would be useful as other users encounter variations of issues covered.

Spoo

Hyperactive Member

@Elroy

I'm not sure if you've understood my (rather terse) post #22 perfectly, so I'll try it again. As was discussed in the thread I've linked to in my previous post (which you happen to have participated in, BTW), your link to VB6's Service Pack 6 is incorrect. It should be https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5721.

@Victor: Thanks for the correction. I've adjusted the OP.

Take Care,
    Elroy

Elroy

If you haven't already seen it, this thread may be of merit:
    http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...55#post5208955

Spoo

Quote Originally Posted by Spooman View Post
    Elroy

If you haven't already seen it, this thread may be of merit:
    http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...55#post5208955

Spoo
    That is the thread that "spawned" this thread

Quote Originally Posted by TysonLPrice View Post
    That is the thread that "spawned" this thread
    D'oh ..

ACTUALLY....post #6 of THIS THREAD: http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...n-VB6-on-Win10, spawned this one. ~smile~

PowerPoster

I just installed Vb6 on a new Windows 10 Pro machine [creators update version]
    Ran setup as admin, selected custom, unchecked ADO/RDS
    Ran SP6 setup as admin

No issues

Only problem I had was remembering how to get the mouse wheel fix on it. I had forgotten about the manual registration step but is working now.

I also installed part of the MSDN 2001, opting not to install the documentation for VC, VFP and other unrelated options.
    Only time will tell but everything seems fine at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by DataMiser View Post
    I just installed Vb6 on a new Windows 10 Pro machine [creators update version]
    Ran setup as admin, selected custom, unchecked ADO/RDS
    Ran SP6 setup as admin

No issues

Only problem I had was remembering how to get the mouse wheel fix on it. I had forgotten about the manual registration step but is working now.

I also installed part of the MSDN 2001, opting not to install the documentation for VC, VFP and other unrelated options.
    Only time will tell but everything seems fine at the moment.
    Did you already have a zero byte MSJAVA.DLL on the machine? When it is missing the installation tends to hang at the end.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by TysonLPrice View Post
    Did you already have a zero byte MSJAVA.DLL on the machine? When it is missing the installation tends to hang at the end.
    Nope.
    I am using the VB6 Enterprise edition ISO so no MSJava issue with it.

PowerPoster yereverluvinuncleber's Avatar

Thanks for the guide

Just installed VB6 onto Windows 7 64 bit ultimate using a similar procedure to the above, creating a zero byte java DLL, registering some DLLs manually, copying the whole installation onto a folder and then copying the contents of the setup sub-folder and placing it in that same folder. Running ACMBOOT in that folder from an elevated window and the thing installed. Additional download and registration of some missing DLLs/OCXs and VB6 runs like a dream.

I am stunned that VB6 is still so usable. The last time I opened my 50,000 line project was 2006 which I started in 1992/3 using QB4.5 migrating to VB6 when it came out. The machine I was using then was probably a top of the line 233mhz Dell Pentium laptop which 10-15+ times slower than the (admittedly old) core2duo (2.7ghz) with hybrid drives that I am testing it out on now. Compilation times are 3-5 seconds compared to what I remember being minutes to complete. It makes the whole development environment seem blisteringly fast.

When I abandoned the project due to the dropping of VB6 for VB.NET and the experience of migration and slowness of the VBExpress IDE I really thought I'd never re-open my projects ever again. I've just done so and it is a revelation! VB6 is still usable, it produces fast EXEs and my programs fly. The whole thing has been turbo-charged. Rapid development or what?

I managed to get my old project working within one day of rejigging.

So impressed. The biggest hurdle I had to surmount through the whole process was the personal bypassing of my fear/loss of trust due to the total lack of support from MS, that lack of trust is what caused me to abandon VB6 in the first place. I suppose MS has been absent for so long, VB6 is still running that it does not really matter now.

My project is running again. I've made some progress. It will never be commercial, which was the original aim so I can come to terms with that, dump that idea and move on.

VB6 installs on Win7 no problem. Next test is an installation of VB6 on my Win10 lappie (quad core AMD) after that the latest version of ReactOS on virtualbox.
    Last edited by yereverluvinuncleber; Feb 8th, 2019 at 09:37 AM. Reason: extras added

Hi yereverluvinuncleber,

Yes, it just so happens, I installed VB6 on a Win-10-64 system last Tuesday. It literally just took me a few minutes. Here's all I did:

• Put a zero-byte MSJAVA.DLL in the C:\Windows folder.
    • Copy my folder named "Files from Root of CD", from a VB6-Pro CD.
    • Execute the Setup.exe from above folder.
    • Do "Custom" install, and make sure the "ADO and RDS" option was unchecked.
    • (I skipped the MSDN step on this install.)
    • When that's done, I unzipped and installed the Vs6sp6B.exe package.
    • I took my VB6_IDE_Shims.sdb file and placed it into C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\VB98 folder.
    • Also copied a file I've got named Install_Shims.cmd into that folder.
    • Drug the VB6_IDE_Shims.sdb onto the Install_Shims.cmd file.
    • Right-clicked the VB6.exe, and, on the compatibility tab, made sure the "Run As Administrator" was checked.

And voila, everything worked perfectly. I sometimes have trouble with that msdatsrc.tlb file, but I didn't this time. I've attached a zip with the VB6_IDE_Shims.sdb and Install_Shims.cmd files, but they are also discussed rather thoroughly above (and in referenced links).

I get a tremendous amount of work done with VB6, and am absolutely thrilled that it continues to run on the most contemporary Windows OSs.

Take Care,
    Elroy
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast