Thread: Why Data Isn't being Inserted By XML into Table in the SQL server Database

Why Data Isn't being Inserted By XML into Table in the SQL server Database

Hey !!! why data isnt being inserted into Table in the SQL server ..when vb.net code works fine.. here is structure of stored procedure which i have created to inserted data through my vb.net application. I am passing XML data from vb.net application using sqlparamerters.

CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[upproductdetails]

@dttest XML

AS

BEGIN

SET NOCOUNT ON

SET XACt_Abort ON

BEGIN TRANSACTION
    Begin

Insert into [productdetails](Product_Id, Product_Name, product_Price)
    SELECT

D.dttest.value('./Product_Id[1]','nvarchar(15)') AS Product_Id,

D.dttest.value('./Product_Name[1]','nvarchar(15)') AS Product_Name,

D.dttest.value('./product_Price[1]','nvarchar(15)') AS product_Price

FROM @dttest.nodes('/DocumentElement/dttest') AS D(dttest)
    END
    SET XACt_Abort OFF
    COMMIT TRANSACTION
    END

Re: Why Data Isn't being Inserted By XML into Table in the SQL server Database

What does the XML look like?

If I had to guess... you've got a couple things wrong, but it depends on what your XML looks like.

-tg

- Also why are you casting your "price" field as nvarchar and not something reasonable like money or decimal?
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *