Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast

Thread: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

PowerPoster

Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

Here is an updated (v2) experimental version (VBFlexGrid.ctl only) for the ExtendLastCol property.

Please everyone interested in the ExtendLastCol. Please make extensive testings and report any bugs/misbehavior etc.
    The behavior is most important as this was done according to my gut feeling. I don't have a vsFlexGrid to compare the behavior.
    Thanks

Edit: Removed attachment to save space.
    Last edited by Krool; Aug 27th, 2021 at 01:09 AM.

Resolved Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

Quote Originally Posted by Krool View Post
    Here is an updated (v2) experimental version (VBFlexGrid.ctl only) for the ExtendLastCol property.

Please everyone interested in the ExtendLastCol. Please make extensive testings and report any bugs/misbehavior etc.
    The behavior is most important as this was done according to my gut feeling. I don't have a vsFlexGrid to compare the behavior.
    Thanks
    Dear Krool thank you very much for the update, the Extend LastCol seems to work fine. There is a small detail you can see in the attached picture. Apart from this, I wanted to take advantage of asking, how would it be done to sort (ascending, descending) when clicking on the header of the grid, regardless of whether the data in the columns are of type date, string, etc. Thank you very much for your answers.Attachment 182148

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by lizano diaz View Post
    Dear Krool thank you very much for the update, the Extend LastCol seems to work fine. There is a small detail you can see in the attached picture. Apart from this, I wanted to take advantage of asking, how would it be done to sort (ascending, descending) when clicking on the header of the grid, regardless of whether the data in the columns are of type date, string, etc. Thank you very much for your answers.Attachment 182148
    I can't replicate your picture issue and with rows set to 300.

Concerning your sorting. Below is a code example showing how it can be done. Please note to fill in .ColData() on all columns on your data population with the VarType values. (e.g. vbString, vbDate)
    Code:
    Private LastColSort As Long

Private Sub Form_Load()
    LastColSort = -1
    End Sub

Private Sub VBFlexGrid1_BeforeMouseDown(ByVal Button As Integer, ByVal Shift As Integer, ByVal X As Single, ByVal Y As Single, Cancel As Boolean)
    With VBFlexGrid1
    .HitTest X, Y
    If .HitResult = FlexHitResultCell And .HitRow < .FixedRows And .HitCol > .FixedCols - 1 Then
        If (Button And vbLeftButton) = vbLeftButton Then
            .Sort = FlexSortNone
            If LastColSort > -1 And LastColSort <> .HitCol Then .ColSort(LastColSort) = FlexSortNone
            LastColSort = .HitCol
            Call FlexSetColSort(VBFlexGrid1, LastColSort, True)
            .Cell(FlexCellSort, .FixedRows, LastColSort, .Rows - 1, LastColSort) = FlexSortUseColSort
            Cancel = True
        End If
    End If
    End With
    End Sub

Public Sub FlexSetColSort(ByRef This As VBFlexGrid, ByVal iCol As Long, ByVal Toggle As Boolean)
    With This
    Select Case .ColData(iCol)
        Case vbString
            If Toggle = True Then
                If .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortStringAscending Then
                    .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortStringDescending
                Else
                    .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortStringAscending
                End If
            Else
                If .ColSort(iCol) <> FlexSortStringDescending Then .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortStringAscending
            End If
        Case vbDate
            If Toggle = True Then
                If .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortDateAscending Then
                    .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortDateDescending
                Else
                    .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortDateAscending
                End If
            Else
                If .ColSort(iCol) <> FlexSortDateDescending Then .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortDateAscending
            End If
        Case vbCurrency
            If Toggle = True Then
                If .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortCurrencyAscending Then
                    .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortCurrencyDescending
                Else
                    .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortCurrencyAscending
                End If
            Else
                If .ColSort(iCol) <> FlexSortCurrencyDescending Then .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortCurrencyAscending
            End If
        Case vbDecimal, vbDouble, vbSingle, vbLong, vbInteger, vbByte
            If Toggle = True Then
                If .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortNumericAscending Then
                    .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortNumericDescending
                Else
                    .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortNumericAscending
                End If
            Else
                If .ColSort(iCol) <> FlexSortNumericDescending Then .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortNumericAscending
            End If
        Case Else
            If Toggle = True Then
                If .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortGenericAscending Then
                    .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortGenericDescending
                Else
                    .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortGenericAscending
                End If
            Else
                If .ColSort(iCol) <> FlexSortGenericDescending Then .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortGenericAscending
            End If
    End Select
    End With
    End Sub

I can't replicate your picture issue and with rows set to 300.

Concerning your sorting. Below is a code example showing how it can be done. Please note to fill in .ColData() on all columns on your data population with the VarType values. (e.g. vbString, vbDate)
    Code:
    Private LastColSort As Long

Private Sub Form_Load()
    LastColSort = -1
    End Sub

Private Sub VBFlexGrid1_BeforeMouseDown(ByVal Button As Integer, ByVal Shift As Integer, ByVal X As Single, ByVal Y As Single, Cancel As Boolean)
    With VBFlexGrid1
    .HitTest X, Y
    If .HitResult = FlexHitResultCell And .HitRow < .FixedRows And .HitCol > .FixedCols - 1 Then
        If (Button And vbLeftButton) = vbLeftButton Then
            .Sort = FlexSortNone
            If LastColSort > -1 And LastColSort <> .HitCol Then .ColSort(LastColSort) = FlexSortNone
            LastColSort = .HitCol
            .Cell(FlexCellSort, .FixedRows, LastColSort, .Rows - 1, LastColSort) = FlexSortUseColSort
            Cancel = True
        End If
    End If
    End With
    End Sub

Public Sub FlexSetColSort(ByRef This As VBFlexGrid, ByVal iCol As Long, ByVal Toggle As Boolean)
    With This
    Select Case .ColData(iCol)
        Case vbString
            If Toggle = True Then
                If .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortStringAscending Then
                    .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortStringDescending
                Else
                    .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortStringAscending
                End If
            Else
                If .ColSort(iCol) <> FlexSortStringDescending Then .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortStringAscending
            End If
        Case vbDate
            If Toggle = True Then
                If .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortDateAscending Then
                    .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortDateDescending
                Else
                    .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortDateAscending
                End If
            Else
                If .ColSort(iCol) <> FlexSortDateDescending Then .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortDateAscending
            End If
        Case vbCurrency
            If Toggle = True Then
                If .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortCurrencyAscending Then
                    .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortCurrencyDescending
                Else
                    .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortCurrencyAscending
                End If
            Else
                If .ColSort(iCol) <> FlexSortCurrencyDescending Then .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortCurrencyAscending
            End If
        Case vbDecimal, vbDouble, vbSingle, vbLong, vbInteger, vbByte
            If Toggle = True Then
                If .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortNumericAscending Then
                    .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortNumericDescending
                Else
                    .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortNumericAscending
                End If
            Else
                If .ColSort(iCol) <> FlexSortNumericDescending Then .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortNumericAscending
            End If
        Case Else
            If Toggle = True Then
                If .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortGenericAscending Then
                    .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortGenericDescending
                Else
                    .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortGenericAscending
                End If
            Else
                If .ColSort(iCol) <> FlexSortGenericDescending Then .ColSort(iCol) = FlexSortGenericAscending
            End If
    End Select
    End With
    End Sub
    Thank you very much for your answer, friend Krool, Taking advantage of the message, for when would you be launching new updates like, CheckBox, progress in cells, a drop-down Grid (for teacher - detail)?

PowerPoster

I still wait for behavior (and bugs of course) feedback for the ExtendLastCol. Preferable from somebody who has a vsFlexGrid. Thanks

Exclamation Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

I still wait for behavior (and bugs of course) feedback for the ExtendLastCol. Preferable from somebody who has a vsFlexGrid. Thanks
    My dear Krool, apparently the Extend LastCol code works correctly as far as I tested it, just notice in the appearance of the grid the following (attached picture), the one above is the VbFlexgrid and the one below is the vsFlexgrid:
    1. When hovering the mouse over the line in the last column, the tip of the mouse appears in the shape of an arrow, on the other hand that arrow does not appear in the vsflexgrid.
    2. When sorting by column in the vbflexgrid, it would be necessary to draw that arrow that indicates in which position it is ordered (red color of the picture).
    3. The scrollbars are different in the two grids, the vbflexgrid is small and the vsflexgrid is large in proportion to the content (in pink).Attachment 182160

It’s a different control. You can’t expect it to be on the pixel the same as some other control.
    If you like the vsFlexGrid so much why don’t you keep using it.

Smile Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoutdv View Post
    It’s a different control. You can’t expect it to be on the pixel the same as some other control.
    If you like the vsFlexGrid so much why don’t you keep using it.
    Hello dear
    because the question is simple.
    1.- Krool I was wondering if the extendlastcol presents any problem so that he can correct and give way to other properties.
    2.- Krool and several contributors to the code what we are looking for is a similarity to VsFlexgrid in its properties and add many more functions.

quite apart from that Vsflexgrid will no longer have new improvements, instead our VbFlexgrid is open source and can have many more improvements.

If it’s open source you can either contribute or create your own fork and add your specific requirements

PowerPoster

My dear Krool, apparently the Extend LastCol code works correctly as far as I tested it, just notice in the appearance of the grid the following (attached picture), the one above is the VbFlexgrid and the one below is the vsFlexgrid:
    1. When hovering the mouse over the line in the last column, the tip of the mouse appears in the shape of an arrow, on the other hand that arrow does not appear in the vsflexgrid.
    2. When sorting by column in the vbflexgrid, it would be necessary to draw that arrow that indicates in which position it is ordered (red color of the picture).
    3. The scrollbars are different in the two grids, the vbflexgrid is small and the vsflexgrid is large in proportion to the content (in pink).Attachment 182160
    1. I don't know what you mean. On the blurry screenshots I see nothing.
    2. Good idea. There are "sort arrow" chars that can be printed from a new property .ColSortArrow() which can be none, up or down. Leaving it to the app to deal with.
    3. The scroll bar on vbFlexGrid is by column count. The nPage for proportional scroll bar is not used as this would require equal sized column widths.
    Is the vsFlexGrid pixel based on the scrolling? If yes than nPage is easy to determine as it's just the client rect.

PowerPoster

What features are beyond MSFlexGrid?

PowerPoster

In order to use the DataSource/DataMember property a reference to msdatsrc.tlb (pre-installed since Win2k) is required.

The same principle, how to select other controls in the property settings of the control?
    For example, to develop a control ABC, add two control forms (names ABC1, ABC2), develop a control ccc, and want to set an attribute in control B2, you can choose ABC1 or ABC2. How to achieve this?

Hello Krool, thank you very much for your reply.
    What I'm trying to do now is to implement the code from post # 563 about column ordering in the same control, in such a way that the end user would only add the control in the form and in "load_form" the user could define its data type of columns
    (example: Form_Load ()
    VBFlexGrid1.ColData (1) = vbString
    VBFlexGrid1.ColData (2) = vbInteger
    VBFlexGrid1.ColData (3) = vbDate
    VBFlexGrid1.ColData (4) = vbString
    )
    What do you think of the idea friend? At the moment I am indisposed due to health problems in the Bronchi.
    I sincerely thank you for your support to the vb 6.0 community

PowerPoster

Ah. I maybe get what you want to say. Do you mean the resize arrows ?
    You mean the vsFlexGrid does not allow to resize the last column in ExtendLastCol mode ?

Lightbulb Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

Ah. I maybe get what you want to say. Do you mean the resize arrows ?
    You mean the vsFlexGrid does not allow to resize the last column in ExtendLastCol mode ?
    Hello friend Krool,
    The Vsflexgrid when hovering the mouse over the last line, the mouse pointer changes to normal mode (Highlighted in the picture with the red box) and does not allow changing the size of the column from the last line, that is, from right to left, the other functions if normal.

Attachment 182173
    Last edited by lizano diaz; Aug 26th, 2021 at 10:46 AM.

PowerPoster

Here is an updated (v3) experimental version (VBFlexGrid.ctl only) for the ExtendLastCol property.

Internal fix (subscript out of range) and the extended last column cannot be user resized anymore.

Thanks

Edit: Removed attachment to save space.
    Last edited by Krool; Sep 7th, 2021 at 02:21 PM.

Here is an updated (v3) experimental version (VBFlexGrid.ctl only) for the ExtendLastCol property.

Internal fix (subscript out of range) and the extended last column cannot be user resized anymore.

Thanks
    Hi Krool, excellent update now if it works perfect, you are a programming genius.
    Friend a question: when would a new version be maybe already included (Progressbar, checkbox; in the cells, also a master-type drop-down grid would be excellent - detail, example picture attached).
    My sincere thanks and a big hug to your person.
    Last edited by lizano diaz; Aug 27th, 2021 at 09:31 PM.

Fanatic Member

Hi Krool, excellent update now if it works perfect, you are a programming genius.
    Friend a question: when would a new version be maybe already included (Progressbar, checkbox; in the cells, also a master-type drop-down grid would be excellent - detail, example picture attached).
    My sincere thanks and a big hug to your person.
    Remove your attachment, the screenshot is 10xxx Grid.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveDavis View Post
    Remove your attachment, the screenshot is 10xxx Grid.
    Hi there. Everything is an example, it is also available to all public; That does not mean exactly that everything is being done the same as the grid shown. There are several demo grid of similar characteristics

PowerPoster

No one control contains all functions. If some functions are not too difficult, adding some is good.
    In the end we still had to use multiple OCX controls.

Lively Member

Krool
    Is there a way to sort items when clicking the column header?
    thanks

Red face Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

Quote Originally Posted by Adebiyi24 View Post
    Krool
    Is there a way to sort items when clicking the column header?
    thanks
    Hello, there is one of this form exposed in # 563.

but the ideal thing would be that everything goes within the same control and when loading the form - client the user can indicate what type of values ​​are in each column of the grid and when clicking on the header of the grid indicate whether it is ascending or descending ( an arrow)

Lively Member

lizano diaz
    thank you sir

Lively Member

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you need a comparison of VSFLEXGRID, there is an official trial version download link of the VSFLEXGRID control below. I hope it can be helpful to you.

Thank you very much Krool!

License conditions:

ComponentOne has a user-friendly distribution policy. We want every programmer to obtain a copy of VSFlexGrid 8.0 to try for as long as they wish. Those who like the product and find it useful may buy a license for a reasonable price. The only restriction is that unlicensed copies of VSFlexGrid 8.0 will display a ComponentOne banner every time they are loaded to remind developers to license the product.

Name:  License conditions.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  23.8 KB

Download link:
    http://download3.componentone.com/pu...flex8/Updates/

Name:  download.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  11.5 KB
    Last edited by smileyoufu; Sep 2nd, 2021 at 09:44 AM.

PowerPoster

ComponentOne creates a Gantt chart integrated with Microsoft Project. This company is very powerful, far more than just form controls like VSFLEXGRID. Report printing, flowcharts, brain maps, almost omnipotent, as well as the web version of the WEB report.
    The advantage of the .NET or ocx version is that you can add N different controls on one interface, visualize operations, and set any properties, and you can see the effect immediately.
    Page web version echarts report and other controls or jquery.js
    It lacks functions such as control combination, visual operation, binding, and smart code prompting.

The IDE made by web version JS, if you want to achieve similar functions of VB6, it may cost 100 billion US dollars.

PowerPoster

Is there a flicker-free data refresh function and data cache function?
    Ordinary DATAGRID or VSLEXGRID controls will redraw the entire control when refreshed, resulting in no data update or individual field values being modified, the controls are refreshed frequently, and the eyes are tired.

The desired function, refresh the data as little as possible, use less redrawing, and reduce flicker.
    For example, to bind an ADO data record set, there are 3000 rows of data, and the visible part is 40 rows (the current cursor is 101-140 rows), if you want to refresh the control
    If the data does not change, the UI control interface does not refresh. If only a few cells change, refresh the local cell text and redraw.
    If the binding is a two-dimensional array, if there is only a small number of row and column changes, the grid control can reduce the refresh or only partial redraw, it is even more powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaoyao View Post
    Ordinary DATAGRID or VSLEXGRID controls will redraw the entire control when refreshed, resulting in no data update or individual field values being modified, the controls are refreshed frequently, and the eyes are tired.

The desired function, refresh the data as little as possible, use less redrawing, and reduce flicker.
    For example, to bind an ADO data record set, there are 3000 rows of data, and the visible part is 40 rows (the current cursor is 101-140 rows), if you want to refresh the control
    If the data does not change, the UI control interface does not refresh. If only a few cells change, refresh the local cell text and redraw.
    If the binding is a two-dimensional array, if there is only a small number of row and column changes, the grid control can reduce the refresh or only partial redraw, it is even more powerful.
    Hello, I was just wondering, I don't know how that functionality could be done, if you can do it in any way, please, I would appreciate it if you could publish it.

PowerPoster

Update released.

ExtendLastCol property finally included.

Update released.

ExtendLastCol property finally included.
    Friend Krool thank you very much for your contribution, one more question taking advantage of the thread: how could the exposed in # 564 be integrated for the ascending and descending ordering within the CTL (control) and on the other hand also that exposed in No. 586 , to update the data without having to redraw the grid ?.

Friend Krool thanks and greetings from a distance.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaoyao View Post

Hello again, what I was able to get from the grid function is a data refresh if I blink like this:

tuGrid.DataRefresh

PowerPoster

Update released.

Proportional thumb for the ScrollBars.

This is now fixed. I previously said this is not possible, but it was actually very easy...

the nPage member of the scrollinfo was set to 0.
    Actually for the ScrollBar it has following formula for the maximum value.
    Code:
    nMax - max( nPage – 1, 0)
    So, having an nPage of 1 or 0 is no difference.
    The VBFlexGrid now sets it to 1, thus the thumb appears proportional.

Update released.

Proportional thumb for the ScrollBars.

This is now fixed. I previously said this is not possible, but it was actually very easy...

the nPage member of the scrollinfo was set to 0.
    Actually for the ScrollBar it has following formula for the maximum value.
    Code:
    nMax - max( nPage – 1, 0)
    So, having an nPage of 1 or 0 is no difference.
    The VBFlexGrid now sets it to 1, thus the thumb appears proportional.
    Hello friend, it does work well for the horizontal scrollbar, but it would still be missing for the Vertical scrollbar.
    on the other hand you could help me with the code:

Select Case wMsg
    Case WM_LBUTTONUP
    RaiseEvent CellClick(.HitRow, .HitCol, vbLeftButton)

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Me.HitTest X, y

'--- ORDENAR''''''''
    'If .HitRow = 0 And .HitCol <> 0 Then
    If .HitRow = 0 Then

Dim Row1 As Long, Row2 As Long
    Dim Col1 As Long, Col2 As Long

Me.GetSelRange Row1, Col1, Row2, Col2
    Me.RowID(Me.Row) = 1 ' Temporary identification

If (mlLastColumnOrder <> .HitCol) Or (mbOrdDesc) Then
    'Me.Sort = FlexSortStringAscending ' = FlexSortStringNoCaseAscending

If Me.HitResult = FlexHitResultCell And Me.HitRow < Me.FixedRows And Me.HitCol > Me.FixedCols - 1 Then
    If (vbLeftButton) = vbLeftButton Then
    Me.Sort = FlexSortNone
    ' If LastColSort > -1 And LastColSort <> Me.HitCol Then Me.ColSort(LastColSort) = FlexSortNone
    If LastColSort > -1 And LastColSort <> Me.HitCol Then Me.ColSort(LastColSort) = FlexSortNone

mlLastColumnOrder = Me.HitCol
    Call FlexSetColSort(Me.VBFlexGrid1, LastColSort, True)
    Me.Cell(FlexCellSort, Me.FixedRows, LastColSort, Me.Rows - 1, LastColSort) = FlexSortUseColSort
    Cancel = True
    End If
    End If

mbOrdDesc = False
    Else

' Me.Sort = FlexSortStringDescending ' = FlexSortStringNoCaseDescending
    If .HitResult = FlexHitResultCell And .HitRow < Me.FixedRows And .HitCol > Me.FixedCols - 1 Then
    Me.Sort = FlexSortNone
    If LastColSort > -1 And LastColSort <> .HitCol Then Me.ColSort(LastColSort) = FlexSortNone
    LastColSort = .HitCol
    Me.Cell(FlexCellSort, Me.FixedRows, LastColSort, Me.Rows - 1, LastColSort) = FlexSortUseColSort
    Cancel = True
    End If
    End If

mbOrdDesc = True
    End If
    mlLastColumnOrder = .HitCol

Me.Row = Me.RowIndex(1)
    Me.RowID(Me.RowIndex(1)) = 0 ' Remove temporary identification
    Me.CellEnsureVisible

If Row1 <> Row2 Then Me.RowSel = IIf(Row1 < Me.Row, Row1, Row2)
    If Col1 <> Col2 Then Me.ColSel = IIf(Col1 < Me.Col, Col1, Col2)

End If

'-------'FIN ORDENAR''''''''

''''

what I am looking for is that the ascending and descending order is within the control (ctl)Attachment 182281

Hello friend, it does work well for the horizontal scrollbar, but it would still be missing for the Vertical scrollbar.
    on the other hand you could help me with the code:

Select Case wMsg
    Case WM_LBUTTONUP
    RaiseEvent CellClick(.HitRow, .HitCol, vbLeftButton)

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Me.HitTest X, y

'--- ORDENAR''''''''
    'If .HitRow = 0 And .HitCol <> 0 Then
    If .HitRow = 0 Then

Dim Row1 As Long, Row2 As Long
    Dim Col1 As Long, Col2 As Long

Me.GetSelRange Row1, Col1, Row2, Col2
    Me.RowID(Me.Row) = 1 ' Temporary identification

If (mlLastColumnOrder <> .HitCol) Or (mbOrdDesc) Then
    'Me.Sort = FlexSortStringAscending ' = FlexSortStringNoCaseAscending

If Me.HitResult = FlexHitResultCell And Me.HitRow < Me.FixedRows And Me.HitCol > Me.FixedCols - 1 Then
    Me.Sort = FlexSortNone
    ' If LastColSort > -1 And LastColSort <> Me.HitCol Then Me.ColSort(LastColSort) = FlexSortNone
    If LastColSort > -1 And LastColSort <> Me.HitCol Then Me.ColSort(LastColSort) = FlexSortNone

mlLastColumnOrder = Me.HitCol
    Call FlexSetColSort(Me.VBFlexGrid1, LastColSort, True)
    Cancel = True
    End If
    End If

mbOrdDesc = False
    Else

' Me.Sort = FlexSortStringDescending ' = FlexSortStringNoCaseDescending
    If .HitResult = FlexHitResultCell And .HitRow < Me.FixedRows And .HitCol > Me.FixedCols - 1 Then
    Me.Sort = FlexSortNone
    If LastColSort > -1 And LastColSort <> .HitCol Then Me.ColSort(LastColSort) = FlexSortNone
    LastColSort = .HitCol
    Cancel = True
    End If
    End If

mbOrdDesc = True
    End If
    mlLastColumnOrder = .HitCol

Me.Row = Me.RowIndex(1)
    Me.RowID(Me.RowIndex(1)) = 0 ' Remove temporary identification
    Me.CellEnsureVisible

If Row1 <> Row2 Then Me.RowSel = IIf(Row1 < Me.Row, Row1, Row2)
    If Col1 <> Col2 Then Me.ColSel = IIf(Col1 < Me.Col, Col1, Col2)

End If

'-------'FIN ORDENAR''''''''

''''

what I am looking for is that the ascending and descending order is within the control (ctl)Attachment 182281

Hello, the function of ascending or descending order is already integrated in the control, the end user will only have to add the control to his form and declare:
    private form_load ()
    grid.coldata (1) = vbInteger, etc. according to your type of load data in your grid.

- Friend krool rather we could advance with progressbar in the cells, icons in the cells, similar to what is stated in: # 577.

thank you very much kroolAttachment 182282

PowerPoster

It's also for the vertical scrollbar but most of the cases the thumb is small as the row count is large.

Hello Krool!
    Thank you for your excellent work and this control. I'd really love to include this grid in my software.

Attachment 182286

But I'm still using the msHFlexGrid control, because I need a multicolumn sort like showed in the example above. As you see the columns are sorted ascending and descending depending on other columns left or right. The title of each column shows the level (dots) and the order (up/down) of the columns sorting. The columns may be in any order as the user can easily rearrange them without affecting the sorted order.
    Can we solve this sorting example in the vbFlexGrid?

Regards
    Seniorchef

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Seniorchef View Post
    Hello Krool!
    Thank you for your excellent work and this control. I'd really love to include this grid in my software.

Attachment 182286

But I'm still using the msHFlexGrid control, because I need a multicolumn sort like showed in the example above. As you see the columns are sorted ascending and descending depending on other columns left or right. The title of each column shows the level (dots) and the order (up/down) of the columns sorting. The columns may be in any order as the user can easily rearrange them without affecting the sorted order.
    Can we solve this sorting example in the vbFlexGrid?

Regards
    Seniorchef
    The attachment does not work. But multi column sort is possible.

Hello, Krool!
    I'm an unexperienced forum user. in preview mode i can see my uploaded image, also when i click 'Attachment 182286'. What am I doing wrong?
    Greetings
    Seniorchef

It seems you can't see attachments from other users.
    Some kind of forum bug I assume.

Ok - I'll try it in words.

I am quite sure the grid supports multicolumn sort. Here the columns to sort are not simply from left to right nor beneath each other.
    E.g. a grid with 5 columns 'City' 'Name' 'Firstname' 'Street' 'Record' are to be sorted like a phonebook. That is 'City', 'Name', 'Firstname' - no matter what column number 'City' or 'Name' etc. are. I've seen the properties Grid.ColSort and Grid.ColData, but I guess I need a way to tell the sorting routine the order 'City' - 'Name' - 'Firstname' or better, the indices of the columns, not the range like Grid.Col and Grid.ColSel.

Greetings
    Seniorchef

Question Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

The attachment does not work. But multi column sort is possible.
    Dear Krool, please, how could you adapt these features to the VbFlexgrid (attached image).

Thank you very much for your replyAttachment 182314

Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast