Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 401 to 440 of 446

Thread: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

  1. #401
    New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    5

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    Is It possible to know indexes of all selected rows (without mouse properties)?

  2. #402
    Member ScriptBASIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Anacortes, WA
    Posts
    60

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    Hi Krool,

    Is there a way to disable horizontal scrolling of the VBFlexGrid? When I click on the last (right most) column it shifts my first column off the grid screen and displays a dark grey area as a next column that doesn't exist. Attached is how I would like to keep the grid positioned.

    Name:  MASLink.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  62.4 KB

  3. #403

    Thread Starter
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    Quote Originally Posted by ScriptBASIC View Post
    Hi Krool,

    Is there a way to disable horizontal scrolling of the VBFlexGrid? When I click on the last (right most) column it shifts my first column off the grid screen and displays a dark grey area as a next column that doesn't exist. Attached is how I would like to keep the grid positioned.

    Name:  MASLink.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  62.4 KB
    This is a bug. I see in the screen that you have the .ScrollBars property set to 'Vertical'.
    In the normal MS(H)FlexGrid this will result that the LeftCol will not change upon mouse clicks and key movements. (Even not when changing by code - very strict therefore)

    Currently the VBFlexGrid will behave always as if .ScrollBars is set to 'Both'.

    I noted it down and will be fixed soon. Thanks!

    EDIT:
    Bugfix done. Small change done in the internal SetRowColParams method with a big effect. (marked as blue)
    It's a very strict way of disabling it but it seems the MS(H)FlexGrid doing the same thing. (Not even allowing .LeftCol changed by code when .ScrollBars is set to 'Vertical' for instance)
    Code:
    Private Sub SetRowColParams(ByRef RCP As TROWCOLPARAMS)
    [...]
    Select Case PropScrollBars
        Case vbSBNone
            If (.Mask And RCPM_TOPROW) = RCPM_TOPROW Then .Mask = .Mask And Not RCPM_TOPROW
            If (.Mask And RCPM_LEFTCOL) = RCPM_LEFTCOL Then .Mask = .Mask And Not RCPM_LEFTCOL
        Case vbHorizontal
            If (.Mask And RCPM_TOPROW) = RCPM_TOPROW Then .Mask = .Mask And Not RCPM_TOPROW
        Case vbVertical
            If (.Mask And RCPM_LEFTCOL) = RCPM_LEFTCOL Then .Mask = .Mask And Not RCPM_LEFTCOL
    End Select
    [...]
    Last edited by Krool; Nov 13th, 2020 at 01:46 PM.

  4. #404

    Thread Starter
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    Update related to yesterday's bugfix.

    Included new flags RCPF_FORCETOPROWMASK and RCPF_FORCELEFTCOLMASK which is used in the internal SetRowColParams method.
    Code:
    Private Sub SetRowColParams(ByRef RCP As TROWCOLPARAMS)
    [...]
    Select Case PropScrollBars
        Case vbSBNone
            If Not (.Flags And RCPF_FORCETOPROWMASK) = RCPF_FORCETOPROWMASK Then
                If (.Mask And RCPM_TOPROW) = RCPM_TOPROW Then .Mask = .Mask And Not RCPM_TOPROW
            End If
            If Not (.Flags And RCPF_FORCELEFTCOLMASK) = RCPF_FORCELEFTCOLMASK Then
                If (.Mask And RCPM_LEFTCOL) = RCPM_LEFTCOL Then .Mask = .Mask And Not RCPM_LEFTCOL
            End If
        Case vbHorizontal
            If Not (.Flags And RCPF_FORCETOPROWMASK) = RCPF_FORCETOPROWMASK Then
                If (.Mask And RCPM_TOPROW) = RCPM_TOPROW Then .Mask = .Mask And Not RCPM_TOPROW
            End If
        Case vbVertical
            If Not (.Flags And RCPF_FORCELEFTCOLMASK) = RCPF_FORCELEFTCOLMASK Then
                If (.Mask And RCPM_LEFTCOL) = RCPM_LEFTCOL Then .Mask = .Mask And Not RCPM_LEFTCOL
            End If
    End Select
    [...]
    This way there is a internal way of forcing a scroll, even if there is no scrollbar. (of course the 'Scroll' event will not be fired as no scrollbar exist)

    Reason for such a forcing is that when changing the Rows/Cols property and the current TopRow/LeftCol is > Rows/Cols and the scrollbar do not exist accordingly then no cells are visible anymore (only fixed cells)
    The MS(H)FlexGrid behaves in this way to "scroll" so that at least one row/column is shown. (even if there is no scrollbar)
    Therefore such flags are now used in the Rows/Cols property.

    Who knows, maybe somebody finds out that another property also needs such exception. Then the flag is already available and easy fix-able.

  5. #405
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    18

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    Name:  Compile Error.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  33.9 KB

    Sorry:

    Compile Error
    Subroutine or function is not defined

  6. #406

    Thread Starter
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    Quote Originally Posted by smileyoufucn View Post
    Name:  Compile Error.jpg
Views: 569
Size:  33.9 KB

    Sorry:

    Compile Error
    Subroutine or function is not defined
    You use an outdated "Startup.bas".
    Please download the complete VBFlexGridDemo and replace everything. (FlexInitIDEStopProtection does not exist anymore since a while)

  7. #407
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    18

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    Quote Originally Posted by Krool View Post
    You use an outdated "Startup.bas".
    Please download the complete VBFlexGridDemo and replace everything. (FlexInitIDEStopProtection does not exist anymore since a while)
    vbforums: "VBFlexGridDemo.zip" and "ComCtlsDemo.zip" and “ActiveX Control Version” OK
    github: "VBFLXGRD-master\Standard EXE Version\VBFlexGridDemo.vbp" and "VBCCR-master\Standard EXE Version" NG

    Suggest update

  8. #408

    Thread Starter
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    Quote Originally Posted by smileyoufucn View Post
    vbforums: "VBFlexGridDemo.zip" and "ComCtlsDemo.zip" and “ActiveX Control Version” OK
    github: "VBFLXGRD-master\Standard EXE Version\VBFlexGridDemo.vbp" and "VBCCR-master\Standard EXE Version" NG

    Suggest update
    Thanks. Done

  9. #409
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    18

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    Use Set VBFlexGrid1.DataSource = rst
    Must use assignment code: ColKey(i) = strKey,
    Otherwise, an error will be prompted: Invalid col Value

    Is my usage method wrong?

    Code:
    Option Explicit
    Public Cnn As New ADODB.Connection
    Private Sub Form_Load()
        Dim i As Long
        Dim strSQL As String
        Dim strKey As String
        Dim rst As ADODB.Recordset
        OpenConn App.Path & "\Data.mdb"
        strSQL = "SELECT * FROM Sys_tblUsers"
        Set rst = GetRs(strSQL)
        Set VBFlexGrid1.DataSource = rst
        Set rst = GetRs(strSQL)
        i = VBFlexGrid1.Cols - 1
        With VBFlexGrid1
            For i = 0 To i - 1
                strKey = rst.Fields(i).Name
    '            .ColKey(i) = strKey'Invalid col Value
                Debug.Print "VBFlexGrid2  i=" & i & "  = " & .ColKey(.ColIndex(strKey)); ""
            Next
        End With
    End Sub
    
    
    Public Sub OpenConn(mdbFileName As String)
        Cnn.CursorLocation = adUseClient
        Cnn.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & mdbFileName
    End Sub
    
    Public Function GetRs(Query As String) As ADODB.Recordset
        Set GetRs = New ADODB.Recordset
        GetRs.Open Query, Cnn, adOpenStatic, adLockOptimistic
    End Function
    Test1:

    Name:  NO.1.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  36.9 KB


    Test2:
    Name:  NO.2.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  38.9 KB


    Test3:
    Name:  NO.3.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  26.9 KB


    Demo File:
    VFGColKeyTest.zip

    Code:
    Public Property Set DataSource(ByVal Value As MSDATASRC.DataSource)
        Set PropDataSource = Value
        If VBFlexGridDesignMode = False Then
            If Not PropDataSource Is Nothing Then
                If PropRecordset Is Nothing Then Set PropRecordset = CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")
                With PropRecordset
                    If .State <> 0 Then .Close
                    If StrPtr(PropDataMember) = 0 Then .DataMember = "" Else .DataMember = PropDataMember
                    Set .DataSource = PropDataSource
                    If .State <> 0 Then
                        If .RecordCount > -1 Then         '  The cursor type of the Recordset affects whether the number of records can be determined.
                            Me.Rows = PropFixedRows + .RecordCount
                            Me.Cols = PropFixedCols + .Fields.Count
                            Dim iRow As Long, iCol As Long
                            If PropFixedRows > 0 Then
                                For iCol = 0 To (.Fields.Count - 1)
                                    Me.TextMatrix(0, iCol + PropFixedCols) = .Fields(iCol).Name
                                     '''''''''''''''''''''''''Add'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
                                    VBFlexGridColsInfo(iCol + PropFixedCols).Key = .Fields(iCol).Name
                                     ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
                                Next iCol
                            End If
                            If .RecordCount > 0 Then
                                Dim ArrRows As Variant
                                ArrRows = .GetRows(, 1)   ' adBookmarkFirst
                                Dim LBoundCols As Long, UBoundCols As Long
                                LBoundCols = LBound(ArrRows, 1)
                                UBoundCols = UBound(ArrRows, 1)
                                Dim LBoundRows As Long, UBoundRows As Long
                                LBoundRows = LBound(ArrRows, 2)
                                UBoundRows = UBound(ArrRows, 2)
                                For iRow = LBoundRows To UBoundRows
                                    For iCol = LBoundCols To UBoundCols
                                        If Not IsNull(ArrRows(iCol, iRow)) Then
                                            Me.TextMatrix((iRow + (0 - LBoundRows)) + PropFixedRows, (iCol + (0 - LBoundCols)) + PropFixedCols) = ArrRows(iCol, iRow)
                                        Else
                                            Me.TextMatrix((iRow + (0 - LBoundRows)) + PropFixedRows, (iCol + (0 - LBoundCols)) + PropFixedCols) = vbNullString
                                        End If
                                    Next iCol
                                Next iRow
                            End If
                        End If
                    End If
                End With
            Else
                Set PropRecordset = Nothing
            End If
        End If
        UserControl.PropertyChanged "DataSource"
    End Property

  10. #410

    Thread Starter
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    When you use .ColIndex and did not assign .ColKey before then you get the error.
    Your Test 2 is the correct approach.
    Test 3 is also ok. But on each update you need to keep your changes in mind.

  11. #411
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    18

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    thank you very much
    VSFLEXGRID.ocx defaults to the TEST3 scheme.
    Is MSFLEXGRID.ocx the TEST2 solution by default?
    If the TEST3 scheme is used by default in the project, will there be any incompatibility with MSFLEXGRID.ocx?
    If there is no compatibility problem, then using the Test3 solution in the project should be easier and more convenient to use.

  12. #412

    Thread Starter
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    Quote Originally Posted by smileyoufucn View Post
    thank you very much
    VSFLEXGRID.ocx defaults to the TEST3 scheme.
    Is MSFLEXGRID.ocx the TEST2 solution by default?
    If the TEST3 scheme is used by default in the project, will there be any incompatibility with MSFLEXGRID.ocx?
    If there is no compatibility problem, then using the Test3 solution in the project should be easier and more convenient to use.
    MSFlexGrid has no .ColKey/.ColIndex ...
    So if VSFlexGrid behave as Test 3 then I will check this out soon and maybe implement your change into the "master" version.

  13. #413
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    18

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    Quote Originally Posted by Krool View Post
    MSFlexGrid has no .ColKey/.ColIndex ...
    So if VSFlexGrid behave as Test 3 then I will check this out soon and maybe implement your change into the "master" version.
    Krool, thank you very much
    If it can be updated to the project, it will be more convenient to use.

    Add VSFlexGrid1 Test:


    Name:  NO.4.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  35.6 KB

    Code:
    Option Explicit
    Public Cnn As New ADODB.Connection
    Private Sub Form_Load()
        Dim i As Long
        Dim strSQL As String
        Dim strKey As String
        Dim rst As ADODB.Recordset
        OpenConn App.Path & "\Data.mdb"
        strSQL = "SELECT * FROM Sys_tblUsers"
        Set rst = GetRs(strSQL)
        Set VBFlexGrid1.DataSource = rst
        i = VBFlexGrid1.Cols - 1
        With VBFlexGrid1
            For i = 0 To i - 1
                strKey = rst.Fields(i).Name
                .ColKey(i) = strKey  'VBFlexGrid2
                Debug.Print "VBFlexGrid2  i=" & i & "  = " & .ColKey(.ColIndex(strKey)); ""
            Next
        End With
        ''''''''''''Add New VSFlexGrid1 Test ''''
        Set VSFlexGrid1.DataSource = rst                  '
        i = VSFlexGrid1.Cols - 1
        With VSFlexGrid1
            For i = 0 To i - 1
                strKey = rst.Fields(i).Name
                '''              .ColKey(i) = strKey '''VSFlexGrid1 No need for this line of code
                Debug.Print "VSFlexGrid1  i=" & i & "  = " & .ColKey(.ColIndex(strKey)); ""
            Next
        End With
    End Sub

    VFGColKeyAndVSFlexGrid1Test.zip

  14. #414
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5,244

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    A bit late, but just stumbled over it (post #336 and following ones, about Sorting Data in the VBFlex)

    Quote Originally Posted by Krool View Post
    The error says "functionality is disabled".
    Reason is crystal clear as you have a virtual binding to a sqlite recordset.
    If you want sorting - fine. Just append a "ORDER BY ..." in your sqlite SELECT statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by newbie2 View Post
    In fact I need to sort them after having fed the flexgrid control.
    That's possible, by using the Sort-Property of the (bound) SQLite-Rs ... in the same way as with ADO-Rs
    This way one can avoid additional roundtrips over the DB (or the DB-Server) just for ordering-purposes.

    To be able to reach the Sort-Property (behind your Binding-Class), one can simply expose the internal mRs via a Property Get:

    Code:
    Option Explicit
    
    Implements IVBFlexDataSource
    Private mRs As cRecordset
    
    'a Public Method, to allow Binding to an outside DataSource (in this case an SQLite-cRecordset)
    Public Function BindTo(Rs As cRecordset) As IVBFlexDataSource
      Set mRs = Rs
      Set BindTo = Me 'return a reference of our Class-instance to the outside
    End Function
    
    Public Property Get Rs() As cRecordset 'expose mRs to the outside
      Set Rs = mRs
    End Property
    
    '*** Ok, finally the 5 method Implementations of IVBFlexDataSource
    Private Function IVBFlexDataSource_GetFieldCount() As Long
      IVBFlexDataSource_GetFieldCount = mRs.Fields.Count
    End Function
    Private Function IVBFlexDataSource_GetFieldName(ByVal Field As Long) As String
      IVBFlexDataSource_GetFieldName = mRs(Field).Name
    End Function
    Private Function IVBFlexDataSource_GetRecordCount() As Long
      IVBFlexDataSource_GetRecordCount = mRs.RecordCount
    End Function
    
    Private Function IVBFlexDataSource_GetData(ByVal Field As Long, ByVal Record As Long) As String
      If Record < mRs.RecordCount Then IVBFlexDataSource_GetData = mRs.ValueMatrix(Record, Field) 
    End Function
    Private Sub IVBFlexDataSource_SetData(ByVal Field As Long, ByVal Record As Long, ByVal NewData As String)
      If Record < mRs.RecordCount Then mRs.ValueMatrix(Record, Field) = NewData
    End Sub
    A "sort-switching by ColumnName" would then be possible in the Form-Code via a Helper like the one below:
    (passing an empty String, to restore the original Sort-Order, as it was coming from the DB-Select)
    Code:
    Private Sub SwitchSorting(FieldName As String, Optional ByVal Descending As Boolean)
      myDataSource.Rs.Sort = FieldName & IIf(Descending, " Desc", "")
      myVBFlexGrid.Refresh
    End Sub
    HTH

    Olaf

  15. #415

    Thread Starter
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    Quote Originally Posted by smileyoufucn View Post
    If it can be updated to the project, it will be more convenient to use.
    Done.

    The blue marked code was now inserted into the DataSource property.

    Code:
    If PropFixedRows > 0 Then
        For iCol = 0 To (PropFixedCols - 1)
            VBFlexGridColsInfo(iCol).Key = vbNullString
        Next iCol
        For iCol = 0 To (.Fields.Count - 1)
            Me.TextMatrix(0, iCol + PropFixedCols) = .Fields(iCol).Name
            VBFlexGridColsInfo(iCol + PropFixedCols).Key = .Fields(iCol).Name
        Next iCol
    End If

  16. #416
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    18

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    Quote Originally Posted by Krool View Post
    Done.

    The blue marked code was now inserted into the DataSource property.

    Code:
    If PropFixedRows > 0 Then
        For iCol = 0 To (PropFixedCols - 1)
            VBFlexGridColsInfo(iCol).Key = vbNullString
        Next iCol
        For iCol = 0 To (.Fields.Count - 1)
            Me.TextMatrix(0, iCol + PropFixedCols) = .Fields(iCol).Name
            VBFlexGridColsInfo(iCol + PropFixedCols).Key = .Fields(iCol).Name
        Next iCol
    End If
    Krool:
    The test is OK. Thank you very much for your help!

  17. #417
    Member ScriptBASIC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Anacortes, WA
    Posts
    60

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    Krool,

    Thanks for the fix for horizontal scrolling!

  18. #418
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    5

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    Hating to add a question given your substantial contributions already made, but my search through the thread did not yield an answer. In short, is there a way to land on a cell that has been set as a dropdown combo and have it not drop the list, just shot the text and the button. (We are hoping to use this as a container for editable fields of a variety of different types. Thanks!

    Don

  19. #419

    Thread Starter
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeePiper View Post
    Hating to add a question given your substantial contributions already made, but my search through the thread did not yield an answer. In short, is there a way to land on a cell that has been set as a dropdown combo and have it not drop the list, just shot the text and the button. (We are hoping to use this as a container for editable fields of a variety of different types. Thanks!

    Don
    Use the .ComboButtonValue property and set to 'FlexComboButtonValueUnpressed' to collapse the drop-down list.
    At best you place that line of code in the "EnterEdit" event.

  20. #420
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    5

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    Quote Originally Posted by Krool View Post
    Use the .ComboButtonValue property and set to 'FlexComboButtonValueUnpressed' to collapse the drop-down list.
    At best you place that line of code in the "EnterEdit" event.
    I had just what you mentioned, but in the EnterCell function. When moved to EnterEdit, it quickly drops the list then closes it again. I'll pay with the order of calls to see if I can make that stop. Thanks!

  21. #421

    Thread Starter
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeePiper View Post
    I had just what you mentioned, but in the EnterCell function. When moved to EnterEdit, it quickly drops the list then closes it again. I'll pay with the order of calls to see if I can make that stop. Thanks!
    To avoid the "flash" catch the "EditSetupWindow" event and set the .ComboButtonValue to 'FlexComboButtonValueDisabled'.
    This will avoid that the drop-down list will be shown initially. Then at the "EnterEdit" event change the .ComboButtonValue property back to 'FlexComboButtonValueUnpressed'.

  22. #422
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    5

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    Thanks again. That did the trick. I am now struggling with capturing text during editing. For background, I am implementing a migration from a very old control (Protoview DataTable) to VBFlexGrid. So far, things are going well. However, we require a bit of key press trapping for a numeric properties check on data entry, such as restricting only numbers, decimals, and math operators (for an inline equation editor). This works great for all of our other controls, but the behavior in VBFlexGrid is not allowing me to do this, so I am hoping that you can provide a little advice. Here is a typical scenario:

    We are calling the checking function in Grid_EditKeyPress and are getting the correct key. However, if you select an entire editable text field (say that was originally "0000") then typed the number two, the Text property is still "0000" but the EditSelStart and EditSelLength are both zero at that point. I would have assumed that the Text would either be null at that point or the Sel properties would indicate zero and four for the selected text that was being over-written. Also, I see no way to identify the cursor position at the point of EditKeyPress, which I could then use to work around the above.

    Thx.

  23. #423

    Thread Starter
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeePiper View Post
    Thanks again. That did the trick. I am now struggling with capturing text during editing. For background, I am implementing a migration from a very old control (Protoview DataTable) to VBFlexGrid. So far, things are going well. However, we require a bit of key press trapping for a numeric properties check on data entry, such as restricting only numbers, decimals, and math operators (for an inline equation editor). This works great for all of our other controls, but the behavior in VBFlexGrid is not allowing me to do this, so I am hoping that you can provide a little advice. Here is a typical scenario:

    We are calling the checking function in Grid_EditKeyPress and are getting the correct key. However, if you select an entire editable text field (say that was originally "0000") then typed the number two, the Text property is still "0000" but the EditSelStart and EditSelLength are both zero at that point. I would have assumed that the Text would either be null at that point or the Sel properties would indicate zero and four for the selected text that was being over-written. Also, I see no way to identify the cursor position at the point of EditKeyPress, which I could then use to work around the above.

    Thx.
    Use the .EditText property. :-)
    The .Text property is still original text while editing and will be updated once editing was validated.

  24. #424
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    5

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    Quote Originally Posted by Krool View Post
    Use the .EditText property. :-)
    The .Text property is still original text while editing and will be updated once editing was validated.
    Tried that originally, but EditText was always empty (at least in the immediate window in VB6). Could it be that losing the focus from the control (back to VB6) is clearing the EditText?

  25. #425
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    5

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    Just replaced Text with EditText and it looks like things are back on track! I cannot do any debugging within the IDE (per the comments above), but given that the function was already fully worked out for the other controls with luck we won't need to do any. Thanks!

  26. #426

    Thread Starter
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLeePiper View Post
    Tried that originally, but EditText was always empty (at least in the immediate window in VB6). Could it be that losing the focus from the control (back to VB6) is clearing the EditText?
    Yes, as soon the edit looses focus (hWndEdit destroyed = 0) the .EditText returns a NullString.

  27. #427
    Lively Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    69

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    Hi,Krool:
    is there a simple way to add a Checkbox or DTpicker to the VBFlexGrid just like this
    Name:  checkbox.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  21.8 KB

  28. #428
    Lively Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    69

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    Hi, Krool:
    how about to add some methods like MSHFlexgrid which can Expand or Collapse it's Items
    Name:  vbflexAndmshflex.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  53.2 KB

    Attachment 179769
    this attachment didn't have the "NotrhWind.mdb" file you can download it from "http://down2.opdown.com:8019/opdown/northwind.mdb.zip"
    Last edited by vb56390; Jan 2nd, 2021 at 08:45 PM.

  29. #429
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    India
    Posts
    20

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    Quote Originally Posted by Krool View Post
    Update related to yesterday's bugfix.

    Included new flags RCPF_FORCETOPROWMASK and RCPF_FORCELEFTCOLMASK which is used in the internal SetRowColParams method.
    Code:
    Private Sub SetRowColParams(ByRef RCP As TROWCOLPARAMS)
    [...]
    Select Case PropScrollBars
        Case vbSBNone
            If Not (.Flags And RCPF_FORCETOPROWMASK) = RCPF_FORCETOPROWMASK Then
                If (.Mask And RCPM_TOPROW) = RCPM_TOPROW Then .Mask = .Mask And Not RCPM_TOPROW
            End If
            If Not (.Flags And RCPF_FORCELEFTCOLMASK) = RCPF_FORCELEFTCOLMASK Then
                If (.Mask And RCPM_LEFTCOL) = RCPM_LEFTCOL Then .Mask = .Mask And Not RCPM_LEFTCOL
            End If
        Case vbHorizontal
            If Not (.Flags And RCPF_FORCETOPROWMASK) = RCPF_FORCETOPROWMASK Then
                If (.Mask And RCPM_TOPROW) = RCPM_TOPROW Then .Mask = .Mask And Not RCPM_TOPROW
            End If
        Case vbVertical
            If Not (.Flags And RCPF_FORCELEFTCOLMASK) = RCPF_FORCELEFTCOLMASK Then
                If (.Mask And RCPM_LEFTCOL) = RCPM_LEFTCOL Then .Mask = .Mask And Not RCPM_LEFTCOL
            End If
    End Select
    [...]
    This way there is a internal way of forcing a scroll, even if there is no scrollbar. (of course the 'Scroll' event will not be fired as no scrollbar exist)

    Reason for such a forcing is that when changing the Rows/Cols property and the current TopRow/LeftCol is > Rows/Cols and the scrollbar do not exist accordingly then no cells are visible anymore (only fixed cells)
    The MS(H)FlexGrid behaves in this way to "scroll" so that at least one row/column is shown. (even if there is no scrollbar)
    Therefore such flags are now used in the Rows/Cols property.

    Who knows, maybe somebody finds out that another property also needs such exception. Then the flag is already available and easy fix-able.
    Dear Krool,


    Thanks a TON, as ever, for your wonderful contributions to the society.


    Well, you have written as follows in your above quoted post (Dt. Nov 14th, 2020)
    // This way there is a internal way of forcing a scroll, even if there is no scrollbar. (of course the 'Scroll' event will not be fired as no scrollbar exist) //


    But then Krool, I did not know how to force the scroll by studying your code. Can you kindly show me an example code snippet please, to force a scroll, even if there there are no visible scrollbars (both vertical and horizontal).


    Basically, I wish to allow my users to use the mouse to scroll up and down the VBFlexgrid, fully, even when the 'ScrollBars' property is set to vbSBNone(0) in the 'Properties' sheet. Actually I achieved this by writing suitable code (under Case WM_MOUSEWHEEL) in the WindowProcControl function of the FlexGrid control and it works well too but what you have written seems to suggest a very simple and straightforward method. So, kindly let me know how to effect the same. Thanks in advance.


    Prayers and Kind Regards.

  30. #430

    Thread Starter
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    Update released.

    Bugfix in the Rows/Cols/FixedRows/FixedCols property.
    The effect is mostly when having the ScrollBars property set to 0 - None.

    FixedRows/FixedCols need the RCPF_FORCETOPROWMASK/RCPF_FORCELEFTCOLMASK flag due to the 13-Nov-2020 update.

    The other flag RCPF_FORCEREDRAW existed already before and is now applied to those properties to "ensure" redrawing.

  31. #431
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    3

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    Is VBFlexGrid Control - .Net upgraded version available ?
    (Or is there any other .net version like grid without any events).
    We are trying to inherit grid into our class to store data.

  32. #432
    Fanatic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    649

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    Hello
    I would like to know if there a way i can change the Height the VBFlexGrid Control rows without increasing the font size
    thanks

  33. #433

    Thread Starter
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    Quote Originally Posted by newbie2 View Post
    Hello
    I would like to know if there a way i can change the Height the VBFlexGrid Control rows without increasing the font size
    thanks
    RowHeightMin property.
    Or "manually" each row via RowHeight property.

  34. #434
    Fanatic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    649

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    Nice job man thank you

  35. #435
    Fanatic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    730

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    Hi krool
    Is it possible to auto adjust the row height depending on the content of the cell?
    thank you

  36. #436

    Thread Starter
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    Quote Originally Posted by samer22 View Post
    Hi krool
    Is it possible to auto adjust the row height depending on the content of the cell?
    thank you
    Yes, use the .AutoSize method.

  37. #437
    Fanatic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    730

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    Quote Originally Posted by Krool View Post
    Yes, use the .AutoSize method.
    thank you
    would you please show me how to use the .AutoSize method?
    Code:
    VBFlexGrid.AutoSize
    does not seem to be supported.

  38. #438

    Thread Starter
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    Quote Originally Posted by samer22 View Post
    thank you
    would you please show me how to use the .AutoSize method?
    Code:
    VBFlexGrid.AutoSize
    does not seem to be supported.
    I love it when somebody wants to be spoon-feeded.

    I don't know what you exactly need. So below some possible scenarios.

    1. Only single row auto-size. In this example row #5
    Code:
    VBFlexGrid1.AutoSize 5, , FlexAutoSizeModeRowHeight
    2. All scrollable rows. (two methods)
    either
    Code:
    VBFlexGrid1.AutoSize VBFlexGrid1.FixedRows, VBFlexGrid1.Rows - 1, FlexAutoSizeModeRowHeight
    or
    Code:
    VBFlexGrid1.AutoSize 0, VBFlexGrid1.Rows - 1, FlexAutoSizeModeRowHeight, FlexAutoSizeScopeScrollable
    3. All rows
    Code:
    VBFlexGrid1.AutoSize 0, VBFlexGrid1.Rows - 1, FlexAutoSizeModeRowHeight
    EDIT:
    Sometimes a grid is filtered using the RowHidden() function. You can exclude the hidden rows in the auto-sizing as well.
    Example:
    Code:
    VBFlexGrid1.AutoSize 0, VBFlexGrid1.Rows - 1, FlexAutoSizeModeRowHeight, ExcludeHidden:=True
    Last edited by Krool; Feb 26th, 2021 at 08:26 AM.

  39. #439
    Fanatic Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    730

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    thank you Krool
    Please excuse my ignorance
    I tested all methods but unfortunately no success. Perhaps because I'm not using the last version.
    Code:
    VBFlexGrid1.AutoSize 0, VBFlexGrid1.Rows - 1, FlexAutoSizeModeRowHeight, FlexAutoSizeScopeScrollable
    This method is throwing Mismatch error.
    Besides I'm not using any RowHidden() function.
    In fact what I'm asking about is something like this:
    Attachment 180329
    Name:  flex.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  108.4 KB

  40. #440
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5,244

    Re: VBFlexGrid Control (Replacement of the MSFlexGrid control)

    @Krool (regarding AutoSize)

    It might be worth mentioning, that samer22 is probably using your Grid in bound mode
    (via IVBFlexDataSource).

    On my system, when I use such a Binding - and then call AutoSize in this way (for Col-Autosizing, after setting the Binding):

    FG.AutoSize 0, FG.Cols - 1, FlexAutoSizeModeColWidth, FlexAutoSizeScopeAll

    It seems to use the right "internal Measurement-Texts" only for the Header-Row
    (probably because it did buffer these texts internally already, after retrieving them via IVBFlexDataSource_GetFieldName).

    The "CellTexts below the Header" (corresponding with IVBFlexDataSource_GetData) -
    are apparently not requested when it comes to further Text-measurings "down the lines".

    On another note (not really related to the IVBFlexDataSource-problems above)...
    Is it intentional, that an AutoSize-Call like:

    FG.AutoSize 0 'which leaves the second optional Param at -1

    currently does have the same effect as: FG.AutoSize 0, 0

    I'm aware that this is probably meant to work this way (to affect only a single column).
    What "threw me off" is the "-1" in the optional second param, which usually means "all of them".

    so, the behaviour I expected, leaving the second param out, was: FG.AutoSize 0, FG.Cols - 1

    Olaf

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width