Thread: Dev tool: Declare Collector (autocopy APIs/Enums/Types/Consts from proj for samples)

PowerPoster

Dev tool: Declare Collector (autocopy APIs/Enums/Types/Consts from proj for samples)

Not sure how many people share my style, but when I'm working on a new sample project, I initially develop the code in a large project that already has extensive code either initially or from old work, and then copy the relevant parts into a new demo project or post. Well, I got tired of manually isolating declares, so spent a couple hours writing a tool to automate it a bit.
    Future versions will automate things more and maybe add support for functions/subs.

How it works:
    -Load the codebase, either a project's folder or manually selecting files.
    -Enter a term in the textbox and click Add <type>
    -The codebase is searched for the declare, searching either public or private first depending on preference

APIs that are broken with _ are supported.
    Support for things declared in typelibs not yet supported.

This is a rough beta, so it's missing some polish like robust error handling and additional formatting options, but I do plan to work on it more in the future.

Requirements
    -oleexp3.tlb (found here) is used for the file open/folder select dialogs. Can be substituted to avoid either the typelib or its Vista+ requirement; files are just fed into a processing function so you can use an alternate file selection method.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by fafalone; Oct 2nd, 2016 at 07:17 PM.

PowerPoster

Re: Dev tool: Declare Collector (autocopy APIs/Enums/Types/Consts from proj for sampl

Project Updated
    Version 2 includes:
    -Added option to load subs/functions
    --Subs/funcs are held separately, so even if you add consts/types/etc after functions, they'll always appear before subs/funcs.

-Added option to, if a constant is not found declared alone, search through the Enums, and add the Enum the const is a part of if it's found in one.

Addicted Member

Re: Dev tool: Declare Collector (autocopy APIs/Enums/Types/Consts from proj for sampl

I tried using oleexp v4.81 but not getting in any info in the text box.
    Cheers
    Last edited by taishan; Aug 14th, 2023 at 11:07 AM. Reason: clarity

PowerPoster

This doesn't process tlb/odl.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by fafalone View Post
    This doesn't process tlb/odl.
    I'm aware, but yes, I am working towards a project to create tlb/odl.

I tried scanning folder and forms cls etc. I will try again with the latest oleexp.

EDIT: Got it working with oleexp 6.4 =

Code:
    Loaded 61 Public and 448 Private APIs,
    57 Public and 150 Private Types,
    97 Public and 28 Private Enums,
    378 Public and 807 Private Consts
    Very nice! Thanks fafalone
    Last edited by taishan; Aug 18th, 2023 at 06:17 PM.