Thread: [RESOLVED] Find all column's header name

Hyperactive Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] Find all column's header name

I have a grid on the form. There are many columns. I can only see some of the header names in the design view(by clicking view object of the frm). Others perhaps stack each other.

How can I find all?

Re: Find all column's header name

Grid? Is it from the FlexGrid control?

Also, how about a screen-shot to show us what you're talking about. With what you've given us, it's near impossible to understand your problem.

Regards,
    Elroy
    Any software I post in these forums written by me is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, and permission is hereby granted, free of charge and without restriction, to any person obtaining a copy. To all, peace and happiness.

Hyperactive Member

I can't insert the image not sure why. But the image is at https://www.flickr.com/photos/678012...posted-public/.

The last column's header is "Charge". But actually there are more columns. I just can't see them.

PowerPoster

What grid are you using? Do you assign the column headers in code, properties or is it bound to a recordset?

Hyperactive Member

It is not my code so I don't know what grid is. But I think the heades are not in the code. Because I can see some of those on the designning time.(Not in running time)

@zhshqzyc,

Look in your IDE_Menu/Project/Components... to see what kind of grid it is. Or, alternatively, open the form it's on in the IDE, select the grid, open the properties window, and look at the control type...

Name:  grid.gif
Views: 390
Size:  17.1 KB

Regards,
    Elroy
    Any software I post in these forums written by me is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, and permission is hereby granted, free of charge and without restriction, to any person obtaining a copy. To all, peace and happiness.

Hyperactive Member

SSOleDBGrid

Eeek, some of that old Sheridan Software stuff was pretty buggy. I'm not sure of all of the history, but I believe Microsoft bought them many moons ago. I do use the SSTab control, but that's about the only thing from Sheridan that I'll touch.

You're probably not up for this but it should probably be reworked with either the MSFlexGrid control or the ListView control. I don't even have the SSOleDBGrid control on my machine, so I'll bow out.

Good Luck With It,
    Elroy

Just looking around, I did manage to find the manual for the Sheridan Data Widgets. It talks about their grid. And it also talks about using the SSOleDBGrid. I believe all the stuff they say about the SSDBGrid pertains to the control you're using. Maybe it'll help.

I just found it by Googling for "SSOleDBGrid".

Regards,
    Elroy

Hyperactive Member

The pdf manual has 400 more pages. I lost the direction. I just need a quick answer.

Actually I just run the application, there are 50 more columns. But in the designing mode, I can only see about 10 columns.

PowerPoster

Try looking at the custom properties. Right Click the Grid Control in the Design view.

Hyperactive Member

Quote Originally Posted by DEXWERX View Post
    Try looking at the custom properties. Right Click the Grid Control in the Design view.
    Yes. It works, it displays all captions.

But why in the running time the headers are different from the captions, as well as the columns order.

PowerPoster

Maybe it is bound to a recordset. If so that stuff can change at run time to match what is in the recordset it is bound to