Thread: [RESOLVED] Monitors will not turn on after RAM upgrade

Resolved [RESOLVED] Monitors will not turn on after RAM upgrade

Hi,

I am in the process of upgrading the RAM in the machine I use for gaming. I have take an 8GB stick out of my coding machine leave two 8GBn sticks in both machines. I have double checked that the RAM was seated correct in each machine, made sure all the cables are plugged in correctly. However, when I turn the computer on the the computers turn on as expected but the monitors do not stay on. The light for power on the monitors lights up for about 5 seconds then turns off before both monitors display the "No Signal" message. Neither of the machines beep to say that there is a problem this is why I am confused as to what the problem is.

What else do I need to check?

Thanks,

Nightwalker
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Re: Monitors will not turn on after RAM upgrade

well this is not a normal problem ,so you checked the ram on BOTH machine ? since there was no beep sound it could be CPU or cpu fan , make sure all 4 pins are in motherboard , will your computer turn on properly without that 8GB stick? if you have a debugger try it on your computer!
    Body Language tells the truth! even from the grave tsaeb eht morf gninnur ,nwod deaH
    All the big things started from little! teef my tsap evom sekans ,duol raor slluB
    Lietome.ir

Yeah, figured that I had bumped something along those lines. I forgot to mention on the machine where I am moving RAM to the computer will keep falling asleep every couple of minutes and repeat. I am guessing reseating the cpu/fan will solve this?
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.

if the fan is not installed correctly computer will turn off before you get a beep or a screen on your monitor, the sleep reason can be , ram , BIOS , it could be software problem , make sure to hear a tick from fan pins when u installing them on MB
    Body Language tells the truth! even from the grave tsaeb eht morf gninnur ,nwod deaH
    All the big things started from little! teef my tsap evom sekans ,duol raor slluB
    Lietome.ir

My friend and I fixed the problems:

Computer 1:

Re-seated the RAM, Fan, etc

Computer 2:

Replaced the HDMI cable for the monitor