Thread: Is there any kind of third party library for making API calls

Is there any kind of third party library for making API calls

I am looking for some kind of third-party library or wrapper (free or purchase) that I can use to make it easier to write code for calling Win API functions, with VB keywords or some such, rather than the limited functions available via .Net classes (although a class lib would be great if it was much more comprehensive than the .Net classes available just for common tasks like messages etc.).

What I want is something similar to what you get in PowerBasic or PureBasic, where you can just use a sort of keyword with parameters to call a Win API function, rather than directly looking up and using the API functions that Windows offers, which are very complex.

Any suggestions (other than spending a lot of time writing my own class :=) )?

Thanks

Pete B

Re: Is there any kind of third party library for making API calls

I think you're going to need to provide some kind of example, cuz you lost me somewhere along the way.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

PowerPoster

VB6 or VB.Net?

rather than the limited functions available via .Net classes (although a class lib would be great if it was much more comprehensive than the .Net classes available
    I assumed he wants it in .NET...

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

PowerPoster

For 90% of the API there is a .NET equivalent baked in already which it is preferable to use. For any that there is not you can look in PInvoke

I will check that 90% out, thanks. Yes I am talking VS2015 .Net not VB 6.

Pete B