Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [RESOLVED] SP6 - Windows 10 - Fails to Install

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Re: [RESOLVED] SP6 - Windows 10 - Fails to Install

I also reiterate that I DO NOT SELL SOFTWARE !!!

All my programs, add-ins and anything else published (VB6, VB.NET and C#) on my site (be they compiled code or source code) have been absolutely free for 18 years, from 2002 to today and in the future it will always be like this.
    From your site:-
    "When you make a donation, let me know your username, so I can add it to the list of contributors.
    You will also be able to automatically access a restricted area of users who will be able to download special contents."
    ...along with buttons to make a donation via pay pal or credit card.

That's advertising, which breaks the rules of this site. Please remove the link from your signature. Either that or stop requiring donations to access version 6.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Quote Originally Posted by gibra View Post
    If anyone gets upset about it, it will be their problem.
    Well, technically, as you've already noticed, they managed to make it your problem. I'd say this is an issue that most of us wrestle with. It's also relevant to the whole question of open sourcing VB6: Even if you give something away, it can STILL come back to bite you.

Who knows what the issue really was. Best to wash your hands of it, as you have done. It happens, move on.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

gibra

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    From your site:-
    "When you make a donation, let me know your username, so I can add it to the list of contributors.
    You will also be able to automatically access a restricted area of users who will be able to download special contents."
    ...along with buttons to make a donation via pay pal or credit card.

That's advertising, which breaks the rules of this site. Please remove the link from your signature. Either that or stop requiring donations to access version 6.
    As I absolutely disagree with this request, please delete my account and all messages I have sent, as a matter of privacy.
    So after 10 years I leave this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by gibra View Post
    As I absolutely disagree with this request, please delete my account and all messages I have sent, as a matter of privacy.
    So after 10 years I leave this forum.
    Screenshot.

gibra

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    Screenshot.
    What does it mean?

Probably as a 'matter of record'.

So, can we not carry on this ... whatever it is... on another thread in a different part of the forum, instead of this topic of SP6 - Windows 10 - Fails to Install?

Am sure Mods can move all the threads not pertinent to the original post (and those after our 'friend' who accused me of collusion).
    Sam I am (as well as Confused at times).

I think this should be applied.
    It may be done automatically by Windows update, but not sure.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...al-basic-6-0-s

The download and installation of the rollup mentioned in that article is NOT 'done automatically by Windows update'.

IF you had read carefully my first post, I credited Dilettante with providing the correct link to get the cumulative update. If one does that, and follows correct procedures (also outlined in this thread, there should be no problems applying the needed 'updates' to VB6.

But thanks for providing the link that describes the cumulative update, and, 'Welcome to the Forum'.
    Sam I am (as well as Confused at times).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12