Thread: client server SOAP

client server SOAP

Hi,

I'm trying to make a client-server app using SOAP. The communication btw the client and gateway will be done using SOAP messging. I was wondering if it's possible for the gateway to communicate with my backend servers using SOAP as well(blue lines)? will I need to create a second interface/port for the gateway and servers so they can communicate. or is there an easier way to do it bust still using SOAP

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images  

King of sapila

Re: client server SOAP

For sure there can be done a WCF to WCF to gateway as I am currently running a project like this.
    For a simple web service I have created in the past an ASP.NET app that used a web service to communicate with the yahoo weather web service so this is doable too.
    What I think you are describing is for example ASP.NET calling a WEB service that is calling Servers (possibly SQL). If this is not the case please clarify but yes i think you need 2 interfaces, one for the main app and one for the web service that calls the backbone servers.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

Re: client server SOAP

Yes, you are correct, that is what i'm trying achieve. Trying to see if there is an easier solution to implement SOaP btw my API gateway and the abckend servers.