Thread: Disaster recovery solutions

Banned

Disaster recovery solutions

Hello there,I am new here and i don't know if my thread fits in here, I just want to ask something. Yesterday an unexpected problem happened causes our team to lose all our e-commerce application and data. I am now looking for a company that offers a disaster recovery solutions to assist us through the unexpected and to make sure that it wont happen again. Any recommendation will be really great. Thanks!

Re: Disaster recovery solutions

There are plenty of things you can do on your own that would be much cheaper than hiring a company to handle it for you. Always keep backups of your data, ALWAYS. You can also choose to use a solution like Amazon Web Services where the data is physically protected way more than in your own shop, and it is much easier to setup backup solutions. This also allows you to store your data in geographically separated areas across the world to ensure that your data won't be compromised by natural disaster in the area.

Just a couple of ideas.

http://www.agilityrecovery.com/ <-- google came up with this company if you are keen to using a 3rd party.
    My usual boring signature: Something

What was the nature of the problem, and are you recovering the data or just thinking of being safer in the future? Many types of data loss can be recovered, which is what I assume you are working with the disaster recovery team on, but perhaps not.

There are lots of web hosting companies out there in addition to Amazon, and they all have slight differences in services that are each better suited for different situations. Failing that, though, you'd need some pretty good data backup/restore protocols in place, which will often mean at least replicating the data off site to somewhere.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Last I heard Michael D. Brown was available for consulting.
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

Did you ask Hillary to give your servers a clean?
    "Ok, my response to that is pending a Google search" - Bucky Katt.
    "There are two types of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data sets." - Unk.
    "Before you can 'think outside the box' you need to understand where the box is."

Frenzied Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJWhiteley View Post
    Did you ask Hillary to give your servers a clean?
    That gave me a hearty chuckle...

In this modern era of “always-on” business, prolonged downtime is not acceptable. It is the need of the generation to keep small or large businesses running all the time. A steady rise in data security attacks and continuously changing IT landscape have revolutionized the disaster recovery market in recent years. According to stats, 86% of companies experienced system downtime in the last 12 months. A report says, 90% of businesses losing data due to disaster are forced to shut down within two years. To most of the organizations, reliance on IT simply means not operating when the system went down. Such companies need to have a disaster recovery solution in place to make sure the businesses operate even after a disaster.

**Links removed by Site Administrator so it doesn't look like you're spamming us. Please don't post them again.**

PowerPoster

Hillbot caught in the act

A spam thread, still lingering on.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing