Thread: Is there a way to set or modify the 'delay(ms)' in Visual Studio to an Arduino?

Is there a way to set or modify the 'delay(ms)' in Visual Studio to an Arduino?

Hello,

I'm creating a Visual C# Windows Form Application in VS 2013 for a school project where I can control a few LED's from an Arduino board. The issue I'm running into is how to write and modify the delay time from the app as I would also like to make these LED's blink at different speeds.

I realize this can be done directly though the Arduino IDE, but I need to be able to control and adjust the delay timing from the GUI I'm developing.

Thanks.

Re: Is there a way to set or modify the 'delay(ms)' in Visual Studio to an Arduino?

You need to have a variable in the Arduino that holds the value of the delay. Then you need to establish a serial connection between the application and the Arduino. Once the connection is established, pass the value to the Arduino and put it in the delay variable.

If you are writing this in c#, I'm afraid you have the wrong forum. This is a VB.net forum.
    Process control doesn't give you good quality, it gives you consistent quality.
    Good quality comes from consistently doing the right things.

Vague general questions have vague general answers.
    A $100 donation is required for me to help you if you PM me asking for help. Instructions for donating to one of our local charities will be provided.

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Re: Is there a way to set or modify the 'delay(ms)' in Visual Studio to an Arduino?

Moved to C# forum.

You could also take a look at our Internet of Things forum although, if you're wanting to control this from the GUI, C# is probably a better fit for now.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd