Thread: How to connect MySQL Database to cakePHP v3.0 using XAMPP

Lively Member

How to connect MySQL Database to cakePHP v3.0 using XAMPP

Good morning/evening to all members here!

I have a problem to connect the database of MySQL to cakePHP v3.0

I already follow the instructions here

when I run localhost/nameOfMyWebsite

this is the result

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 864
Size:  14.2 KB

another screenshot on phpMyAdmin

Name:  Untitled1.jpg
Views: 995
Size:  22.8 KB

cakePHP version: v3.0
    XAMPP version: v5.6.8 VC11

I saw a user post a fix here

but in my "C:\xampp\htdocs\cake" there are no app folder so that I can configure the database.php
    Last edited by MeSH; Jul 1st, 2015 at 07:22 AM.

Re: How to connect MySQL Database to cakePHP v3.0 using XAMPP

Then you need to find it...

I woudln't expect to find it in the htdocs folder... but rather a couple levels down from there. xampp installs I've worked with in the past typically point xampp\htdocs\wwwroot for the root of the site... this is so that you can put things into htdocs for reference but still keep them out of the public zone. Go back to your htdocs folder and look at some of the other folders in there ... at some point you'll find the right public folder in which will be your cake install and your database.php file to set up the database access.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Lively Member

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    Then you need to find it...

I woudln't expect to find it in the htdocs folder... but rather a couple levels down from there. xampp installs I've worked with in the past typically point xampp\htdocs\wwwroot for the root of the site... this is so that you can put things into htdocs for reference but still keep them out of the public zone. Go back to your htdocs folder and look at some of the other folders in there ... at some point you'll find the right public folder in which will be your cake install and your database.php file to set up the database access.

-tg
    inside C:\xampp\ folder I-type in the search box "database.php" but no luck... so what's the problem? it is the new version of cakePHP?

Quote Originally Posted by MeSH View Post
    inside C:\xampp\ folder I-type in the search box "database.php" but no luck... so what's the problem? it is the new version of cakePHP?
    Take a look at the "Config" folder for a file named "app.php" : http://book.cakephp.org/3.0/en/quick...-configuration

Then change the values of these: http://i.imgur.com/0jitvoJ.png

Use the correct db username and password. In WAMP, the default the username is "root" and there's no password (if you haven't set one manually). Don't know about XAMPP. Also make sure that you have created the db. Take a look at the quick start guide if you are not familiar with CakePHP.

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...