Thread: Q: MultiMonitor + Javascript + Internet Explorer 8 above

Angry Q: MultiMonitor + Javascript + Internet Explorer 8 above

Hi all,

As the question suggests, I needed to support my web application work in multi monitor situation.
    The case is :
    From my applications main page I open second page through Window.Open with all necessary parameters and setting height and width to expand the new window to fill (first monitor width + second monitor width)
    as ex: First Monitor Screen Width is 1280 so width given to Window.Open is 2560.

The problem is after the page is opened it gets opened in default first screen, filling only first screens width.
    The remedy to this problem is, We need to add the site in Trusted Sites and handle Security Level and LOW it down. [ Internet Options -> Security Tab -> Trusted Sites -> Security Level -> Scroll set to LOW ].

After doing the above solution it works perfectly to open the new window to fill both monitors.

Does anyone have any idea why such behavior or is there any security or any IE functionality blocking it from opening without doing such Trusted Sites settings. Because lower down the Security Level might be a risk and its not a feasible solution.

How should we overcome the problem with javascript without using any 3rd party add-ons ?

This is the first case I need to solve in internet explorer first, the issue is same with firefox.

Re: Q: MultiMonitor + Javascript + Internet Explorer 8 above

Does anyone have any ideas ?????

Re: Q: MultiMonitor + Javascript + Internet Explorer 8 above

Quote Originally Posted by amolt View Post
    Does anyone have any ideas ?????
    Sorry, I don't have any solution as I can't really test the scenario. Because I am on single monitor all the time.

What I can suggest is, have you tried searching in Google for possible solutions for this problem?
    I think in IE, you could simply go through the security options and change the options that will allow the popup to fill both the monitors. Am a Google Chrome lover, but I just checked IE and saw this:

Maybe enabling it will fix the issue? Just go through those settings and ENABLE the one that fixes it. Thereby, you don't need to lower the security settings all together. Except, you could change the only option that is needed for you!

Hope it helps

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...