Thread: Trying to enter a field on a website with code i've used on several projects...

Addicted Member

Trying to enter a field on a website with code i've used on several projects...

Hey Guys,

I'm trying to enter information into this field on a site with code i've used before but its still not working:

Code:
    <td width="100%" style="padding-left:7px;">
    <input id="arg01_UserName" type="text" 10";"="" style="width:120px;color:black;font-size: 10pt;height:22px;maxlength=" name="arg01_UserName"></input>

Code:
       theElementCollection = WebBrowser1.Document.GetElementsByTagName("input")

For Each curElement As HtmlElement In theElementCollection

Dim controlName As String = curElement.GetAttribute("id").ToString

If controlName = "arg01_UserName" Then

curElement.SetAttribute("value", "Admin")

End If

Next

Code:
      Dim username As HtmlElement = Me.WebBrowser1.Document.All.Item("arg01_UserName")
            username.InnerText = "Admin"

Any ideas?

Re: Trying to enter a field on a website with code i've used on several projects...

The id is arg01_UserName, why get an element bytagname if the id is present.

Addicted Member

Re: Trying to enter a field on a website with code i've used on several projects...

Quote Originally Posted by ident View Post
    The id is arg01_UserName, why get an element bytagname if the id is present.

still didnt work:

Code:
     WebBrowser1.Document.GetElementById("arg01_Username").SetAttribute("value", "Admin")
    Also tried:

Code:
     WebBrowser1.Document.Forms.Item(0).GetElementsByTagName("input").Item("arg01_UserName").SetAttribute("value", "Admin")
    Last edited by jdarville; Apr 21st, 2015 at 08:26 PM.

Addicted Member

Code:
            Dim element = Me.WebBrowser1.Document.GetElementsByTagName("input").Cast(Of HtmlElement)().FirstOrDefault(Function(el) el.Name = "arg01_UserName")

Addicted Member

Code:
            Dim element = Me.WebBrowser1.Document.GetElementsByTagName("input").Cast(Of HtmlElement)().FirstOrDefault(Function(el) el.Name = "arg01_UserName")
    Ident, thank you very much for responding. I really appreciate your time.

How do I pass the value with your code? I tried the following but it doesnt work:

Code:
    element.SetAttribute("value", "Admin")
    Code:
    element.InnerText = "Admin"
    Code:
    Dim element = Me.WebBrowser1.Document.GetElementsByTagName("input").Cast(Of HtmlElement)().FirstOrDefault(Function(el) el.Name = "arg01_UserName" = "test")
    Last edited by jdarville; Apr 22nd, 2015 at 10:05 PM.

element.SetAttribute("value", "Admin") works fine when compiling the example in a browser here. But you have not supplied the url so how can i test the code properly?

Addicted Member

element.SetAttribute("value", "Admin") works fine when compiling the example in a browser here. But you have not supplied the url so how can i test the code properly?

Its an internal webpage on a printer but i downloaded the page and you can view it here:

http://atlanticserviceinvoice.com/ex...72.21.2.35.htm

Thank you very much!

Addicted Member

Good find. I used that link but i'm still unable to enter the values. Can you give an example please?

You have the element now. It's up to you to actually take the time to research. I had to research that it was an iframe. Make an effort and come back if you are stuck. I am not writing your project for you.